Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jedward reborn as activist heroes

• 25-09-2020 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

Bless.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭WAW

John comes across as having a brain cell. Edward sounds pretty dense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Fair play, he can sing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Legends, never say die attitude.

True Irish hereos.

Living with Hollywood legend Tara Reid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Who cares really, they seem like decent fellas to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭corner of hells

gussieg wrote: »
    Bless.

I played hurling with their father.Training , according to him was pointless unless there was injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

I played hurling with their father.Training , according to him was pointless unless there was injuries.

????!!
    So what you're saying is, back then, he was saying, everybody hurts sometimes so.

Two good eggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭corner of hells

gussieg wrote: »
    ????!!

I'm adding to the pointlessness of the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Double O Seven

They lowered their masks while out protesting at the hight of the pandemic http://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5499240/jedward-protest-hollywood-black-lives-matter/amp/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

They're annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Detritus70

If you see the madness going on in the world today, I'd vote for them anytime.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

They'll be in Pog form next. Watch.

gmisk wrote: »
    Who cares really, they seem like decent fellas to be honest.
    They are living with someone who was stoned out of her mind (tara reid) during an interview with them.

It kind of seemed they were living rent free in her apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭UI_Paddy

I don't have much of a problem with them honestly. They may not be great musicians or have anything unique to say about the pandemic, but they seem like innocent blokes that just want to join the good fight. Fair play to them I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

They lowered their masks while out protesting at the hight of the pandemic http://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5499240/jedward-protest-hollywood-black-lives-matter/amp/

Complain about them protesting if you want but to be fair there's several pictures where they have the masks on and one with them pulled down. Most have briefly pulled a mask down when someone cant understand what your saying or whatever but not been in the scope of a photographer who's waiting for a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Two good eggs.

No, just one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

What age are they now,12?

I always get the impression they prefer people to keep their distance ..

They are pleasant etc.

The activism ..probably 70% ...maybe 10% boredom ...and 20% attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Dax Ripe Wildflower

They need to give it a rest. They remind me of the weird kid who makes one good joke and then repeats it for the rest of their life thinking they’ll get a laugh again, when in reality people just pity them. Theyre the turds that wont flush

• Advertisement

They remind me of the weird kid who makes one good joke and then repeats it for the rest of their life thinking they’ll get a laugh again

That's a LOT of these internet comedians these days though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭893bet

I thought they were just trying to be relevant.

Aaaaaam masks.....ammmm mental health......ammmmm hard to work from home.......ammmmm

Hitting the key words.

A pair of wanker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

And? Who cares? They were outdoors and not really close to anyone for a start...

What age are they now,12?
    late twenties

They know how to beat their faces tho...

They look older on some of their selfies on twitter ..also photoshop!

some of their songs are catchy ...there is no malice in them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Was that in Limerick by any chance.?
    If he's the same fella i'm thinking of he was'nt up to much.
    Might be their uncle though.

As for these too, attention seekers of the highest order.
    Lately referred to as 'Ireland's Milli Vanilli'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

late twenties

They know how to beat their faces tho...

They look older on some of their selfies on twitter ..also photoshop!

some of their songs are catchy ...there is no malice in them...

Agreed no malice but annoying as fook and way past time to grow the hell up.

Agreed no malice but annoying as fook and way past time to grow the hell up.

Sure so am I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It's the natural progression for people in the entertainment industry to go to when the primary career is over.

Jedward
    Niall Brezzy Breslin
    Emma Watson
    Meghan Markle
    Alyssa Milano
    Rose McGowan
    Ellen Page
    The Rubberbandits

That's just off the top of my head. There are tons of them. They don't get the endorphins from performing anymore, so seek them from social media likes and praise from luvvies.

I work with a pair of twins called John and Edward..

I've been saluting them with " 'sup John" and " 'sup Edward" for the last 13 years..

Never gets old..

• Advertisement

It's the natural progression for people in the entertainment industry to go to when the primary career is over.

Jedward
    Niall Brezzy Breslin
    Emma Watson
    Meghan Markle
    Alyssa Milano
    Rose McGowan
    Ellen Page
    The Rubberbandits

That's just off the top of my head. There are tons of them. They don't get the endorphins from performing anymore, so seek them from social media likes and praise from luvvies.

I think its more that they cannot create waves from what they did before.

I mean you don't get saoirse ronan doing this.

And i have prob been on more marches than jedward ....but i wouldnt call myself an activist!

TBH politics is something i want to back away from slightly ..tis bitter and tiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Great to see them using their “platform” for the greater good. Well done, Jedward.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Great to see them using their “platform” for the greater good. Well done, Jedward.
    true

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

They peaked at Eurovision with that lipstick song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I work with a pair of twins called John and Edward..

I've been saluting them with " 'sup John" and " 'sup Edward" for the last 13 years..

Never gets old..

I’m sure for the first 2 years, before they were on X Factor in 2009, nobody knew what you were on about?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I’m sure for the first 2 years, before they were on X Factor in 2009, nobody knew what you were on about?

Yeah, I was just ahead of the curve..

I sometimes think jedward robbed my term of endearment..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sunshinew

I don't think I've ever seen a set of twins so intertwined. They took a sentence each in that interview.
    I remember watching them in celebrity big brother... They kinda let the mask slip and you could see more of their individual personalities. I felt sorry for them, they seemed quite genuine and I think they just enjoy being a bit silly with each other. Other housemates isolated them and were really patronising. They couldn't do anything without someone picking on them. You could see how they probably revert into their twin bubble.

sunshinew wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever seen a set of twins so intertwined. They took a sentence each in that interview.
    I remember watching them in celebrity big brother... They kinda let the mask slip and you could see more of their individual personalities. I felt sorry for them, they seemed quite genuine and I think they just enjoy being a bit silly with each other. Other housemates isolated them and were really patronising. They couldn't do anything without someone picking on them. You could see how they probably revert into their twin bubble.
    true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Really who gives a ****e about so called Celebrities. Eaten bread is soon forgotten. But RTE hasn't got the funds anymore to attract the interesting people.

But then again they are all self promoting anyway.

Cynicism helps now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I always get the impression they prefer people to keep their distance ..

They are pleasant etc.

The activism ..probably 70% ...maybe 10% boredom ...and 20% attention.

It's 100% attention. But that's the business they're in. More power to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

sunshinew wrote: »

There is a song by the Manic Street Preachers, Tsunami. It’s about these Welsh twins that shared a really deep connection, had their own language, eventually became totally withdrawn from the world until one of them realised she had to die for the other one to live. So she did and the other one went on to live a normal enough life.

I reckon that’s the story with Jedward. There can only be one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Detritus70 wrote: »
    If you see the madness going on in the world today, I'd vote for them anytime.
    They do say the first sign of madness is Suggs walking up your driveway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Which one of Jedward is left handed ??

Which one of Jedward is left handed ??
    the evil one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Is anybody on this website ever happy or able to think positively or is it all just misery and hating every single person 24/7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They are funny on twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

sweet_trip wrote: »
    Is anybody on this website ever happy or able to think positively or is it all just misery and hating every single person 24/7?

If your hate game is weak then you really need to check yourself, it’s healthy to hate something with a real passion - none of this fake **** of “ooh I don’t like them”. You need to be full on “I want to do those ***** in with a steamroller” kinda hatred.

Advertisement