Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta Thunberg (Continued...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Greta calls on you to listen to the "united science", that is whatever accords with her own apocalyptic beliefs. It is fanaticism dominated by strong emotional convictions that absolutely dominate and permanently determine her thinking, her linear worldview allows no understanding of political, economic and social consequences of the regulations and prohibitions that result....

That reminded of this which I came across recently

https://youtu.be/y564PsKvNZs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

What do “ End of the World-ers " do when the End of the World does not happen at the appointed time ? ?

Tis a bit Embarrassing Really ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

blinding wrote:
    What do “ End of the World-ers " do when the End of the World does not happen at the appointed time ? ?

Keep waiting I guess, seems like one hell of a boring hobby though, each to their own I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

They go back change their maths remembering they forgot about compound interest and redo the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Greta was nominated for the Nobel peace prize but didn't get it.

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Oh that's funny Biko. How I laughed.

Would expect she probably couldn't care less. Not like some other high profile nominee.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I'm pretty sure the Greta haters hate David Attenborough too, but he's now saying we need to curb capitalism to save the planet, took his time in saying it as it's obvious to everyone but at least he eventually did!

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-54268038

Easy thing for an end-of-lifer to say, from his mansion paid for with capitalism

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I'm pretty sure the Greta haters hate David Attenborough too, but he's now saying we need to curb capitalism to save the planet, took his time in saying it as it's obvious to everyone but at least he eventually did!

Actually I can't stand Greta but I do like DA.

That netflix documentary is amazing, and he has good actionable suggestions

Unlike the GT protest movement that are just hypocritical anarchist thugs.

Anyway saw this on flickr ... funny

https://www.flickr.com/photos/78590035@N06/50404157173/in/datetaken/

Attenborough is great and tbh with his solid background in the natural sciences I'm sure most people will listen to him, I sure do.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Attenborough is great and tbh with his solid background in the natural sciences I'm sure most people will listen to him, I sure do.

Glad to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Another example that she is a clever girl .... I would be more worried about her mental well-being if she supported Trump

I'm pretty sure the Greta haters hate David Attenborough too,

Based on?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Based on?

Science

weisses wrote: »
    Another example that she is a clever girl .... I would be more worried about her mental well-being if she supported Trump
    There is nothing clever here. She is run by marketing people. I doubt she even wrote that tweet herself. Usually her dad does her social media.

What is Biden doing for global climate?
    Do you think a girl that isn't even old enough to vote, and isn't a US citizen should get involved in the election?

Isn't that "Swedish collusion" into the election?

Just like most leftits she does not, and cannot, name any Biden policies. She is just another desperate anti-Trumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Based on?
    A vague feeling low in the bowels? Nah... just a self satisfying thought to alienate and discriminate* against the "never Gretas"

*I mean to differ from, not OMG racist

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Sure he’s the eco tax and spend’s candidate of choice, they need greta, biden etc.. to divert enough money to pay off their chinese investors in failed solar, biomass, EV projects etc..

Says a hell of a lot that not one prominent green activist has broken rank and come out as pro nuclear, greta has acted like its not even an option on the table, theyre clearly in it to pay off inferior technology investments.

There is nothing clever here. She is run by marketing people. I doubt she even wrote that tweet herself. Usually her dad does her social media.

Do you think a girl that isn't even old enough to vote, and isn't a US citizen should get involved in the election?

Just like most leftits she does not, and cannot, name any Biden policies. She is just another desperate anti-Trumper.

Anyone with a functioning brain should be anti Trump imo ... The fact she supports Biden shows she is a clever girl

Better than being just another reality denier/status quo fan club member.

Also, do you really not understand the difference between expressing an opinion and collusion?
    I genuinely hope Trump is defeated, think he will be, but dont know for sure what way it'll go given his propensity to do illegal stuff but irrespective of the result, it's been fun to watch so many get more and more upset at the way it appears to be going for him and all they can do is show their own ignorance.

Biden has 48 policy papers on what he is going to do. Trump has nothing beyond 'Make America Great Again'. No wait he did that. 'Keep America Great Again'. No, wait, it's never been worse. Trump's own words, and that of his supporters are now some of the biggest canvassing tools for Biden.

Greta, once again, more even than showing her own awareness, is showing the ignorance of others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Was a big mistake for her not to endorse Sanders when he was still in the running; things were close, could have been the difference that gave us Sanders vs Trump. Biden's climate policy is far weaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

KyussB wrote: »
    Was a big mistake for her not to endorse Sanders when he was still in the running; things were close, could have been the difference that gave us Sanders vs Trump. Biden's climate policy is far weaker.

unless everyone over 30 died in the US there was no way sanders was actually going to win an election.

Anyone with a functioning brain should be anti Trump imo ... The fact she supports Biden shows she is a clever girl

No it doesn't. It just shows she says what she is told.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

KyussB wrote: »

Funny how she always seems to pick the side with the money . . .

Tom Steyer meets with Biden officials, interested in a role in administration
    Tom Steyer, the billionaire environmentalist and former Democratic presidential candidate, is interested in serving in Joe Biden's administration and has discussed the possibility with Biden's advisers.

Steyer met over the weekend in Washington, D.C. with Jeff Zients, a co-chair of the transition team, and longtime Biden advisers Jared Bernstein and Ron Klain, according to a source with knowledge of the trip.

Steyer, a former hedge fund manager from California, is co-chair of Biden’s Climate Engagement Advisory Council. Conversations with Biden's advisers touched on his interest in working in the administration on climate policy and the economy, but also on the role of climate, labor and economic issues in the campaign, the source said.

source

On a side-note if Steyer joins the administration he gets to cash out tax free.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Really?

Think about it - he's white, he's male, he's British, he's upper class. They love all that.

No it doesn't. It just shows she says what she is told.

Based on ?

Based on ?

Based on the premise that it is impossible for a young girl to be able to vocalise an opinion unless someone has told them what to say and how to say it.

Let's hope this poster doesn't have a young daughter.

I'm pretty sure the Greta haters hate David Attenborough too"

Apparently this deep thought is based on
    Science

I must have missed those lectures which dealt with the "greta haters" science module :D

Fairly sure that's yet another figment of the imagination from the I :❤: greta club ..

gozunda wrote: »
    Apparently this deep thought is based on

I must have missed those lectures which dealt with "greta haters" science :D

Fairly sure that's yet another figment of the imagination from the I :❤: greta club ..

It's more fun being in a club about something you admire rather than something you hate or are bitter about.

Much better life philosophy all round.

• Advertisement

It's more fun being in a club about something you admire rather than something you hate or are bitter about.Much better life philosophy all round.

Ah Philosophy now no less. The justifications are getting even more hilarious ;)

And if you think the reasoning for not being a fan is "science" - you've bigger things to worry about than simply joining a club for 'fun"

Btw pointing out reality - isn't 'bitter' or whatever projection you're throwing out today

Look we get it - # gretas No. 1 fan club

Though God knows why anyone would hang their hat on a troubled teenager who apparently hates adults and blames them for ruining her childhood or wtte.

I think this is a good place to quote an earlier comment
    Greta calls on you to listen to the "united science", that is whatever accords with her own apocalyptic beliefs. It is fanaticism dominated by strong emotional convictions that absolutely dominate and permanently determine her thinking, her linear worldview allows no understanding of political, economic and social consequences of the regulations and prohibitions that result....

Advertisement