Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Reg Survey

Options
  • 13-08-2019 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Looking for some help here. I'm looking to sell a house in the near future. With regards to Land Registry, do I need to get someone out to physically
    survey the house location/boundary etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Ronney wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Looking for some help here. I'm looking to sell a house in the near future. With regards to Land Registry, do I need to get someone out to physically
    survey the house location/boundary etc?

Thanks

If property is land registry and this are selling the whole folio, no. The boundaries are already registered. Your solicitor will request the map from land registry for €40. The purchasers solicitor will check the boundaries against the map.

If property was registry of deeds, you would need to arrange a map suitable for 1st registration as the purchaser needs to convert the title to land registry.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Ronney

Thanks Dolbhad,

Property is regestry of Deeds as far as I know

Does a map requested from Ordinance Survey Ireland Essentially cover this

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Get your engineer/ surveyor on board and let them get the map.
    It can be completed on a Land Registry Compliant Psi map or a special registration map from land registry.
    Allow the Engineer to get most suitable map.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Ronney

mickdw wrote: »
    Get your engineer/ surveyor on board and let them get the map.
    It can be completed on a Land Registry Compliant Psi map or a special registration map from land registry.
    Allow the Engineer to get most suitable map.

Wasnt planning using the services of an Engineer/Surveyor as I'm selling and dont plan on buying

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

As the seller, you will have to provide a Land Registry Compliant map of the property being sold.
    This arises due to your ownership only being recorded in registry of deeds.
    It shouldn't cost a lot of money but it has to be done by a professional.
    I do a lot of these. Generally €200 increasing with site size and difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Ronney wrote: »
    Thanks Dolbhad,

Property is regestry of Deeds as far as I know

Does a map requested from Ordinance Survey Ireland Essentially cover this

No that only covers land registry title. Not registry of deeds. If you buy a property in registry of deeds, you have to under law convert it into land registry. An OSI map is needed. As the seller you have to provide this with contacts. You will have to arrange a engineer to go out. Your solicitor would also send him any old registry of deeds maps to compare it to. Sometimes registry of deeds have maps, sometimes it’s description only. You’ll need to engage an engineer and give the details to your solicitor

Advertisement