Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare Form Fill Out

Options
  • 04-10-2018 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi all. I am asking this for a friend of mine. She has been living in her house that she has been renting since 2002 I believe. Anyhow since 2015 her landlord didn't renew her lease and he said he wants the house for a relative. The notice of period was invalid so she brought the case to the RTB and they settled it.

All that aside her problem is now something else. The social welfare sent out a review form for the Rent Supplement she is receiving. She keeps trying to get this form filled out but neither the landlord nor the agent pays any attention to it whatsoever.

Her question is if the payment get's cut will she be held responsible even though she tried several times to settle the matter? She has all the emails she sent to the landlord and all but she's worried in case she gets held responsible.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sorry- but she *is* responsible to ensure the rent is paid.
    If she has an issue getting the forms completed- she has to make 100% certain that the authority paying the RS are fully aware of the situation- and do not stop her rent supplement.

The fact that she may have her rent supplement cut- does not absolve her responsibility to pay the rent- so it is critical that she ensure it is not cut- or if it is cut- that she continue to pay the rent in full...........

I presume she is actively seeking alternate accommodation elsewhere? She is there on borrowed time- notwithstanding the incorrect period of notice served by the landlord............ She needs to proactively deal with this- and not assume that her failure to get the forms completed absolves her of a responsibility to do so.

Advertisement