Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, renovating

Options
  • 11-09-2019 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Any help here appreciated

So we are in a position where are renovating a property and extending it. We've just got our planning in. We are putting our other property on the market to fund the works.

As its home improvement and an extension, are we getting a mortgage again or would this come under a loan. If so, how are the payments made, i presume stage payments.

I know its better to meet our mortgage adviser but the next meeting is the end of next week so just anxious to have some opinions here.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

carbuyer01 wrote: »
    Any help here appreciated

So we are in a position where are renovating a property and extending it. We've just got our planning in. We are putting our other property on the market to fund the works.

As its home improvement and an extension, are we getting a mortgage again or would this come under a loan. If so, how are the payments made, i presume stage payments.

I know its better to meet our mortgage adviser but the next meeting is the end of next week so just anxious to have some opinions here.

Thanks

It totally depends on what you want from the bank.

You could get a mortgage. Obviously the house is then at risk of you don't make repayments. Upside is better interest rate.

You could get a loan, higher interest rates but the house isn't at direct risk.

Advertisement