Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of funds letter for Estate Agent

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note that it is a mortgage situation.
    Saints#33 wrote: »
    I was asked for this last month.

My advice is simply transfer any other amount than required to another account, screen shot the amount and then transfer it back in.
    Not to be done lightly with some pf say, €300,000.
    snowcat wrote: »
    Just write a cheque for a big sum to your account. Blank out all the details and the sum will show up a a balance. Simples. Done it a few times. I could afford the purchase but did not have the balance in my account. Cheque will bounce but so what.
    Not to be done lightly with some pf say, €300,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭happyfriday74

Asking for proof of funds is to be expected.

Learned the hard way once when a purchaser was gung hoo telling me he was a no nonsense cash purchaser. He was a well known investor and agent never actually asked for POF based on his prior track record. months later and no returned contract it turned out he had since had "short term liquidity crisis". Bot underbidders were gone by then and had to relaunch the property at end of the summer.

As such if I was selling again I'd expect an agent selling for me to request POF to verify the purchaser is serious before going sale agreed again.

You already told them you are willing to purchase the house for X amount so no harm showing you can do this.

Advertisement