Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beautiful tiny house - planning?

Options
  • 30-06-2020 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Ok so I love this house built in NZ and would love to build something similar - maybe a bit bigger. I have an old derelict cottage and some land but would rather build now and renovate later. Is something like this out of the question with our planning overlords?

https://youtu.be/9_43jFjkv4w

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

absolutely not, planners would love to see an application for something like that to come into them.

obviously the site would have to suit this type of house, and obviously all building regulations would have to be complied with.

you refer to "renovate later" so im assuming your talking about the old cottage?? if so remember that both the cottage and the tony home will require a minimum site area each... so check that that's possible first.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Jimi H

sydthebeat wrote: »
    absolutely not, planners would love to see an application for something like that to come into them.

obviously the site would have to suit this type of house, and obviously all building regulations would have to be complied with.

you refer to "renovate later" so im assuming your talking about the old cottage?? if so remember that both the cottage and the tony home will require a minimum site area each... so check that that's possible first.
    Thanks, that’s promising. I was expecting people to say it would never get planning here. I have some forestry with a nice site surrounded by trees and would love to put a little house like this in there. Yes, I meant renovating the cottage later as labour prices are insane now.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jimi H wrote: »
    Thanks, that’s promising. I was expecting people to say it would never get planning here. I have some forestry with a nice site surrounded by trees and would love to put a little house like this in there. Yes, I meant renovating the cottage later as labour prices are insane now.

be careful with forestry areas as generally the reason they are forestry areas (as in industrial forestry) is because the lands tend to be wet and poor for water water treatment. Also, ensure access is sufficient and your not driving up forest paths to the house.

This type of house would certainly be more suited to a forestry type setting than an open grass field

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Bit more upmarket than Roddy Doyle's Van...

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement