Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra cost at the end of new built

Options
  • 03-07-2020 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭

Could someone please provide their opinion on this?

I bought a new house last year and works are being completed now.

Builder told me there are extras that I need to pay in the range of €5000+VAT as different authorities such building envelope, energy & air tightness regulators, and electrical engineers recommended changes in his initial plan which has resulted in this extra cost.

I wasn't made aware of these costs and builder made the necessary changes. Now he told me these will be added in my final amount.

We signed contract in March 2019 and final price agreed on it. Is this the norm and where do I stand?
    The house is in an estate.

Thank you

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Solicitor.

I would be pushing back on this very strongly. He should have had all this stuff sorted before the houses were sold, you should not be expected to pay for his mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thank you.
    Builder did say he will get in touch with my solicitor. Let's see.
    awec wrote: »
    Solicitor.

I would be pushing back on this very strongly. He should have had all this stuff sorted before the houses were sold, you should not be expected to pay for his mistakes.

Advertisement