Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ring of Beara 2020!

Options
  • 25-09-2019 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Sold out again but a few entries made it to general sale this morning.
    I've secured two entries but no accommodation having made a few phone calls they all seem to be operating a waiting list scenario. (they are booked from last year was the response fair enough)
    Prefer to stay in Kenmare has anyone any local knowledge on accom they could share?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Hi
    I think the AIR BnB model has screwed things up here. this year was the same, Park Hotel wanted €1,600 from me for 2 nights (solo). Your best bet is to ring the hotels themselves or wait (if you are in a group) and see what accommodation is available from Dream Ireland.

A reasonable amount of accommodation became available through cancellation on the week of the event but the stakes are high if you wait that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Can't quite understand the mad rush to book the Ring of Beara. The Rebel Tour frpm Glengarrif was always a better route with no crazy pressure to book a place or accomodation. It has now been replaced by the Tour de Beara and hopefully I'll get to try it out next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

There was a time the rebel tour was the sold out one you couldnt get an entry for.
    Elite offer it to past competitors in a pre sale scenario (1600 gone) then the rest to “general sale” the next day sold out pretty quick think its limited to 2400 in total...

There isnt a sniff of a hotel in Kenmare on booking.scam or Trivago...

I’ll either do it the once or I can honestly say I might ditch my entry and do a spin to include Dursey island, Healy pass, Caha and Priests leap instead...

Kerry cute hoares are onto this accom wise found a place cant even give me a price! So how can you book that!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

Sounds like more hassle than it's worth!

EAFC_rdfl wrote: »
    Sounds like more hassle than it's worth!

Thats the reason I did Mick Byrne 200 this year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭hesker

Yeah have 2 tickets but no accommodation unfortunately.

The first year we did it we got a house within easy walking distance from Kenmare and we didn’t buy tickets or book accommodation until January. Has gotten almost too popular now. But it’s still a really nice cycle so looking forward to it. Will find accomodation somewhere I’m sure without getting stung.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

try the abbey court B&B on the way into kenmare. have used it in the past for the half ironman in kenmare and no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Boilermaker1

Unable to get ticket, if any one wants to sell a 140 km Kenmare start, I will take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JHarty

Hi, looking for 4 tickets. I’m registered but 4 club members keen to ride this event. So if anyone has decided not to ride the 140km route please let me know.
    Many thanks
    John

PM only

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

If only there was some way to gain access to the Beara peninsula on an alternative day. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm trying to source four entries for this as well folks if anyone is trying to get rid of a few in the New Year, just adding my name to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭sann

Unable to get ticket, if any one wants to sell a 140 km Kenmare start, I will take it.

Have a 140 start in Kenmare if you are interested. Looks like you were the first in the thread looking for one.

No response there so if any one else is interested let me know before Monday.

sann wrote: »
    No response there so if any one else is interested let me know before Monday.

I'll take it if I may

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'll take it if I may

Perfect. Pm me and we can sort out details

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JHarty

Sorry I missed this. Still on lookout for 140km tickets if anyone has any. Thanks

There's an issue with the ticket transferring system at the moment that I'm on to active.com and the RoB crowd about.

Edit: This has been fixed now. For peoples' information, the system is that if someone transfers a ticket to you you will have to pay for it, the person doing the transfer is refunded directly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've started a thread here in the adverts section. Please don't post request here. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111806377#post111806377

Anyone else still waiting on a refund from Elite?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Anyone else still waiting on a refund from Elite?

yes i am still waiting, as i am also for a refund for the 2020 reservoir dog sportive. as i am also waiting on a refund from the mallow 10 mile run 2020 event. and the tour de conamara 2020 sportive.

the only sportive that actually emailed me directly was the tour de burren. They gave me an option of a refund or transfer the entry to the 2021 event, which is what i did with that one.

but it seems to me that a lot of sporting events are not overly keen on refunding entries.

• Advertisement

Just got the refund email earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Waiting for an update on this, one was promised end of Jan but no sign. Can’t see it going ahead regardless. Had transferred my entry to this year but will be looking for refund now.

Advertisement