Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Investment Over 10 years plus

Options
  • 24-01-2020 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some advise, I've had a look through older threads but cant find anything specific.

I have CIRCA 35k saved between an AIB and credit union accounts, this money is earning little or no interest and I'm looking for alternatives for investing a good portion of it (along with adding to it)

My current situation is:
    I'm in full time employment.
    I recently set up a pension saving fund through work
    I have a small mortgage on our family home, this is on a tracker mortgage though so very little interest being paid otherwise I would consider dumping some money into this

I would like to keep about 10k easily accessible but could afford to tie the rest up until the kids go to college (10 years +). Any suggestions on a fund I could invest the rest with? I would rather a managed fund than trying to navigate stocks or shares myself, I dont have the time or the interest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,584 ✭✭✭billyhead

State Savings with an post i.e national solidarity bonds

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

billyhead wrote: »
    State Savings with an post i.e national solidarity bonds

Still only 1.5% AER...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Talk to a few advisors and brokers about the various managed funds available through the insurance companies. Talk to a couple of stockbrokers too. Take a few weeks/months to digest what they say and the risks involved, charges applicable, returns that you are seeking.

Don't take the advice of any fund given here, talk to the professionals.

10 years is a good timeframe

Have a look at that pension too, you may be able to put a bit more into it than you already are and it will outperform a savings plan as they are generally invested in same things.

A good advisor will look at everything for you anyway and not just fire you into a savings plan because you asked.

Advertisement