Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage from Finance ireland

Options
  • 27-03-2019 7:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi All

Just wondering has anyone used finance Ireland to get a mortgage?

Looking for any info on them, what were they like to deal with etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grooonk

Hi There,

We're in the process of drawing down with them. We started out with Pepper but then Finance Ireland took over.

Pepper weren't great to deal with, Finance Ireland have been fantastic.

Quick responses and friendly staff.

Would highly recommend. Any questions, just ask!

Cheers
    Grooonk

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnnytdi

Grooonk wrote: »
    Hi There,

We're in the process of drawing down with them. We started out with Pepper but then Finance Ireland took over.

Cheers
    Grooonk

Hi Grooonk

Thanks for the reply.
    If you don’t mind me asking did you use them due to past ICB issues?

What was the time from application to approval?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grooonk

johnnytdi wrote: »
    Hi Grooonk

Thanks for the reply.
    If you don’t mind me asking did you use them due to past ICB issues?

What was the time from application to approval?

Thanks again.

No credit issues.

With pepper it was very slow so I'd advise to get working on getting docs ready immediately. I believe from the date you have sent in all requested documents, it takes 10 days with finance Ireland to fully approve you . Would highly recommend you try. They have standard mortgage rates and rates for people with previous Credit issues.
    Feel free to ask any further questions.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bettyob

Grooonk can I please ask if you know how long draw down of your mortgage was from approval to when the money was transferred to the seller?

My mortgage broker just sent in the paperwork to Finance Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 celaine

How did you find the draw down process? We are in the process of drawing down after getting AIP and we are being asked to submit more and more documentation, just wondering if this happened to you?

Grooonk wrote: »
    Hi There,

Cheers
    Grooonk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Hi there, also with Finance Ireland through a broker. The broker mentioned the 10 day SLA but unsure of when the date started. Did you guys have to submit both a gift letter witnessed by solicitor and then also get a Deed of confirmation also signed by the donator/solicitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 bswan

Have heard from a broker that Finance Ireland don't offer any LTI exemptions. Anyone know if that true ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Giggles90

Our broker has just instructed finance ireland to organise valuation of the house we wish to purchase! How long after this stage did you fully draw down the loan?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eds

Does anyone have recent experience of Finance Ireland and timelines? We were advised 10 days sla in normal times but to expect longer due to covid. Also interested in draw down times of anyone has gone through it with them recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BD850611

Hi All,

We were told by the broker it takes up to 10 working days or so to get fully approved. Has anyone got Approval in Principle less then that? however my colleague said to me it took her one month to get the AIP letter. Is Finance Ireland strict on the documents?

Many Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

BD850611 wrote: »
    Hi All,

We were told by the broker it takes up to 10 working days or so to get fully approved. Has anyone got Approval in Principle less then that? however my colleague said to me it took her one month to get the AIP letter. Is Finance Ireland strict on the documents?

Many Thanks

I was approved by Finance Ireland in a few days back in February. Didn't need any additional documents, just jags to supply a document of a gift I'm receiving which I've given to my broker. They've been slow on the valuation front but that's the only negative I've experienced so far.

I was approved by Finance Ireland in a few days back in February. Didn't need any additional documents, just jags to supply a document of a gift I'm receiving which I've given to my broker. They've been slow on the valuation front but that's the only negative I've experienced so far.

Thank you for the info. Do you recall how long you receive initial feed back from Finance Ireland(or from your broker) after you handed in your documents? we have been waiting for 6 working days after our documents submitted, haven't heard anything yet. Broker has been telling us takes up to 10 working days or so to get AIP, but we have our house booked and all so we are under pressure.... :(

Thank you for the info. Do you recall how long you receive initial feed back from Finance Ireland(or from your broker) after you handed in your documents? we have been waiting for 6 working days after our documents submitted, haven't heard anything yet. Broker has been telling us takes up to 10 working days or so to get AIP, but we have our house booked and all so we are under pressure.... :(

I received AIP 3 days after I submitted my documents. I'm a single applicant permanent in the public sector with no loans etc so I'd say it was fairly straightforward to process. Finance Ireland seem to be slow at the moment, still haven't heard regarding my valuation and it's been 8 working days since I requested it. Hope you hear soon!

I received AIP 3 days after I submitted my documents. I'm a single applicant permanent in the public sector with no loans etc so I'd say it was fairly straightforward to process. Finance Ireland seem to be slow at the moment, still haven't heard regarding my valuation and it's been 8 working days since I requested it. Hope you hear soon!

Thanks. We were told we could hear a word from them on Friday, so fingers crossed! We have been given advice and rough ideas on the steps buying a new house from family and friends but still a bit lost what's the steps are to buy a house.

We were told by our solicitor that he needs a loan pack after we get AIP from the bank. Does this comes after the house is valuated by the bank?

Thanks. We were told we could hear a word from them on Friday, so fingers crossed! We have been given advice and rough ideas on the steps buying a new house from family and friends but still a bit lost what's the steps are to buy a house.

We were told by our solicitor that he needs a loan pack after we get AIP from the bank. Does this comes after the house is valuated by the bank?

Yes your loan offer comes after the valuation from the bank. I'm not sure of the timeframe between the two, I've been waiting 9 days since I requested the valuation and still have not heard a word from Finance Ireland. Very annoying as I've received the vendor's solicitors today in the post and can't do a thing until the valuation and ultimately loan offer comes through. Hope you hear positive news tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

new fixed rates - up to 20 year and moveable.

Game changer for the market

https://www.financeireland.ie/products/residential-mortgages/mortgage-rates/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Do we think avant Money will do a 20 year on their 1.95?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Do we think avant Money will do a 20 year on their 1.95?

10 year rate being launched today and small drops in others

Yes your loan offer comes after the valuation from the bank. I'm not sure of the timeframe between the two, I've been waiting 9 days since I requested the valuation and still have not heard a word from Finance Ireland. Very annoying as I've received the vendor's solicitors today in the post and can't do a thing until the valuation and ultimately loan offer comes through. Hope you hear positive news tomorrow!

Not a word from Finance Ireland and we were told we suppose to hear from them last week. we are very frustrated:mad:

Have you heard anything from them for the valuation? we were told that valuation and getting the loan pack will be a very quick process. At this stage, we dont believe a word from the broker and the bank :(

Not a word from Finance Ireland and we were told we suppose to hear from them last week. we are very frustrated:mad:

Have you heard anything from them for the valuation? we were told that valuation and getting the loan pack will be a very quick process. At this stage, we dont believe a word from the broker and the bank :(

I was contacted yesterday by the EA and was informed the valuation took place last week. Zero communication between the valuer and the bank and with me. The report was apparently meant to be sent to the bank by close of business today but I still haven't heard a thing regarding payment.

I'd prepare yourselves for a slow battle, it has been 15 days since I requested the valuation.

• Advertisement

I was contacted yesterday by the EA and was informed the valuation took place last week. Zero communication between the valuer and the bank and with me. The report was apparently meant to be sent to the bank by close of business today but I still haven't heard a thing regarding payment.

I'd prepare yourselves for a slow battle, it has been 15 days since I requested the valuation.

Update: Valuation report was completed on 18th May and submitted to FI yesterday evening, got confirmation this morning. Just hope they process the loan offer quicker!

Update: Valuation report was completed on 18th May and submitted to FI yesterday evening, got confirmation this morning. Just hope they process the loan offer quicker!

Hey great new!!! very happy for you.

We are suppose to hear 'a word' back from FI today....this is so frustrating! ! We really start to think that will we ever get our AIP...its very painful...:mad:

Like we are under pressure since day 1...just want this to be over

So fingers crossed!

Hey great new!!! very happy for you.

We are suppose to hear 'a word' back from FI today....this is so frustrating! ! We really start to think that will we ever get our AIP...its very painful...:mad:

Like we are under pressure since day 1...just want this to be over

So fingers crossed!

Thanks a million! Did you get any word? Nervous to ask my broker what timeframe I should expect for the loan offer to be processed. Seems to be delays with everything currently.

Thanks a million! Did you get any word? Nervous to ask my broker what timeframe I should expect for the loan offer to be processed. Seems to be delays with everything currently.

Hey,

yes we got a word back from the broker, Apprently FI is delaying everything and asked us to send on the receipt for the deposit we put on for the house and said that they may look at out application on today....

Like.... come on... this is ridiculious...our broker said to them that they have to process our application otherwise we will lose our deposit...

wat a joke

Hey,

yes we got a word back from the broker, Apprently FI is delaying everything and asked us to send on the receipt for the deposit we put on for the house and said that they may look at out application on today....

Like.... come on... this is ridiculious...our broker said to them that they have to process our application otherwise we will lose our deposit...

wat a joke

That is quite frustrating... I hope you heard positive news back from them today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hew2021

I've been waiting almost 5 weeks to hear back from Finance Ireland on my mortgage approval. From what our broker has told us, it has been with the underwriters now for weeks, is this a good sign or a bad sign? has anyone else been waiting this long?

That is quite frustrating... I hope you heard positive news back from them today!

Finally heard something back from the bank! Now waiting for the valuation to get the loan pack....apparently it will take at least a couple of weeks for the valuation complete and pack prepared...

Hew2021 wrote: »
    I've been waiting almost 5 weeks to hear back from Finance Ireland on my mortgage approval. From what our broker has told us, it has been with the underwriters now for weeks, is this a good sign or a bad sign? has anyone else been waiting this long?

Are you waiting for the loan pack or just the initial approval in principle?

We waited for 3.5 weeks and we contact the broker on a daily basis and told them we could lose our deposit if we need to wait any longer. They finally granted us AIP.

It then took a week for them to instruct the valuation on the house. (That was Monday this week) Our broker told us it will take at least couple of weeks for the valuation to complete in order to send us the loan pack...

Now the developer and estate agent are threatening us to take back the house if we don't sign the contract in the next two weeks....We thought we could have a break from all the stress but little did we knw...We are just so fed up with this, they can do watever they want....

Finally heard something back from the bank! Now waiting for the valuation to get the loan pack....apparently it will take at least a couple of weeks for the valuation complete and pack prepared...

Congrats! My valuation took two weeks from I requested it until the report was sent to Finance Ireland. I received my loan offer in the post on Monday. Hoping to get into the solicitor's by the end of this week to sign contracts. Have my mortgage protection and house insurance in place. Finance Ireland just wanted 3 months payslips as well and a letter from my employer to say they're not getting any COVID scheme. Hopefully it is smooth sailing from here on out!

• Advertisement

Congrats! My valuation took two weeks from I requested it until the report was sent to Finance Ireland. I received my loan offer in the post on Monday. Hoping to get into the solicitor's by the end of this week to sign contracts. Have my mortgage protection and house insurance in place. Finance Ireland just wanted 3 months payslips as well and a letter from my employer to say they're not getting any COVID scheme. Hopefully it is smooth sailing from here on out!

That is great, very happy for you. Congrats!

Our valuation was instructed on Monday this week but we requested the valuation a week before. I wonder if it will take two more weeks to complete the valuation then take another week or so for them to finalized the loan offer. our broker told us at least couple of weeks to complete...so new pressure again...

Did they ask you to provide the payslip and letter before you received the loan pack or they want these before the full draw down?

Advertisement