Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buymie - no fees on dunnes orders

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

This seems like the opposite of a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I used them once. There were some weird results, like I ordered what I thought were 3 bunches of bananas, yet I got three bananas for 3.30. Said so on the receipt.

Anyway, very prompt service. But the 4 plastic bags cost (not to mention the environment!) And the substitution of rubbish (monster munch for pombear), I'll leave it thanks.

Certainly would never use if I was charged a delivery fee on top of all this

I had similar. Ordered multipacks, paid for multipacks, received single units and was charged for multipacks. Someone is making a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I had similar. Ordered multipacks, paid for multipacks, received single units and was charged for multipacks. Someone is making a fortune.

Haven’t seen anything similar to this myself yet and hope I don’t either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

This thread has been very entertaining to read. I dont think id ever use their service. Dont see them making 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

xpletiv wrote: »
    This thread has been very entertaining to read. I dont think id ever use their service. Dont see them making 3 years.

Very much a pandemic only business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Very much a pandemic only business

They've been going since 2017 I think. I don't think they'll sustain the growth they had in 2020, but I imagine there are a lot of elderly/disabled people who are glad of the service. I actually saved money week to week on it because it helped me buy just what I need as opposed to picking up random things along the way on a whim. But that's more a self-discipline thing.

But I ended up with 28 re-usable shopping bags in the space of a month so I stopped after that and started shopping myself again. If they solved that problem and allowed us to upload a picture of the Dunnes '€10 off' voucher to the app for the shopper to use, I would probably use it again.

Edit: Also, not all the products in my local Dunnes were listed on the app. I would say it's user friendly but there are a few key issues like that which deterred me.

This thread is a hot mess alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Theyve been trading in 2014 so are now 7 years in business. Like yourself I wont be using them but I can see how many people would. Theres lots of people with mobility problems and OAPs who would be happy to use such a service. Similar with households with two parents working long hours, they'll gladly pay a premium for their weeks shopping to just land at their door. Its not for everyone but there is a clearly a market there.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Chacha97

I've stopped using it due to the hidden fee jumping the order up a bit and then being charged then original total on app but somehow missing quite a bit of what I ordered.

There was one instance I was missing lots and was expecting to get some money back or whatever credited to account but the flipping order increased and that was me done.

Interesting to see on the investor breakdown I think online, I could be wrong but I think enterprise ireland have an equity stake for funding supplied.

I think they are trying to position themselves to be bought out by one of the large food apps like deliveroo, just eat or uber.i could be wrong in thinking this but just my thoughts!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

They have introduced bagless delivery.

Required is that you have your own bags ready when they come and transfer it over.

Maybe they are reading the thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 silentfreakout

I have been ordering for my elderly parents and now have them shopping on their ipad with Buymie, it has worked out so far, very well for them. They have recovered a little of their independence back by shopping for themselves I can check the shop for them and add extra items, also the app on android and ipad is identical so I can guide them on the phone if they get muddled. We had an issue with something delivered which wasn't ordered or may have been added by accident. The company were very quick to respond and very understanding of the situation. When you cant leave your home and you want to do a shop this is a great solution with speedy delivery. Yes you pay for the service and there's room for improvement ie. the email of your "order confirmation" does not have a copy of your order attached. Its different strokes for different folks I think on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Chacha97

They have introduced bagless delivery.

Required is that you have your own bags ready when they come and transfer it over.

Maybe they are reading the thread?

I actually think a certain poster in this thread is the founder or seems to be a person with an association. I could be way off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

When you cant leave your home and you want to do a shop this is a great solution with speedy delivery. Yes you pay for the service and there's room for improvement ie. the email of your "order confirmation" does not have a copy of your order attached. Its different strokes for different folks I think on this one.

I think you are right, and there is room for a service like this in the marketplace.

My main input on the thread was to attempt to highlight that the buymie service is substantially dearer, (even with the 'bargain') than the online delivery services offered by supervalu and tesco, and the the pricing structure is not a flat fee, like tesco/supervalu, and the larger the shop, the more the difference is apparent.

I think the way the delivery fee/charges is presented is more clear and transparent on Tesco/Supervalu websites - you reserve a slot, the price is next to the slot, and thts all you pay.

In addition at this time, you earn points and can use vouchers shopping online, with the big 2, as opposed to the current solution with buymie.

Not everyone lives in an area covered by the big 2. Not everyone is looking at the pennies, when shopping, otherwise there would be no convenience stores in Ireland!!

I have used buymie on a few occasions and was alway pretty happy with the shopper! During covid, available dates were challenging and buymie was a welcome option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

TP_CM wrote: »
    They've been going since 2017 I think. I don't think they'll sustain the growth they had in 2020, but I imagine there are a lot of elderly/disabled people who are glad of the service. I actually saved money week to week on it because it helped me buy just what I need as opposed to picking up random things along the way on a whim. But that's more a self-discipline thing.

But I ended up with 28 re-usable shopping bags in the space of a month so I stopped after that and started shopping myself again. If they solved that problem and allowed us to upload a picture of the Dunnes '€10 off' voucher to the app for the shopper to use, I would probably use it again.

Edit: Also, not all the products in my local Dunnes were listed on the app. I would say it's user friendly but there are a few key issues like that which deterred me.

The problem with Buymie is that the Grocer themselves does not want to use Buymie as a long term solution, they lose a lot of control of the process of picking and packing.

I think the dunnes offer is now over

Advertisement