Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

blade1 wrote: »
    Paulie is like a Duracell bunny.
    Too full on.
    Rest of them sound like they haven't a clue what they are on about.
    Richie Woodhall(forget if he is sky or bt) is probably the easiest on the ear.
    Andy Lee would be the best of the current lot for me.

Richie is BT. Richie is very good. Great style and delivery...

I see Jonny Nelson has been saying that Tennyson beats Tank Davies right now.
    He mustn't have seen the farmer fight.

I assumed this was the company Nelson twitter page..

Did the real Nelson actually say this?

Tennyson lasts no longer than 3 rds v Davis..

Tennyson is a good puncher, but it’s getting overrated. He doesn’t budge Davis, and gets clean knocked out as soon as Davis gets going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

walshb wrote: »
    I assumed this was the company Nelson twitter page..

Did the real Nelson actually say this?

No he said it himself, obviously Company Nelson twitter is now taking the p

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1334976695250657290

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

walshb wrote: »

People love Paulie for some reason..I can’t listen to the pr1ck..loves the sound of his own voice!!

He has good analysis, but he does love to be heard. Richie Woodhall, as has been mentioned, is very good. He is unassuming and knows what he is talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Anyone have any word on how Joe Ward got on in his fight in Mexico today?
    Fight was at 6pm Irish time so should be over by now?

He lost by tko

He lost by tko

I can’t find any link..

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Won by knockout early in the first round.
    Only know from checking his personal FB profile.

• Advertisement

Sorry. I was wrong. Hopefully this can be the start of good things for him

I see that Eddie Hearn has signed Ricky Hatton’ as son, Campbell Hatton.

Can’t see the lad going anywhere based on what I have seen of him online..

I follow Ricky on Insta. Think I’ll unfollow. He’s cringe insufferable on it..

I see Frankie Randall passed away yesterday. The man who finally to Julio Cesar Chavez' 0

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1333059384176467974

I dont think he is wrong about the of amount money, boxing is great, some great fighters out there BUT.

The state of boxing will always be dictated by champions and gangster promoters, i am not a fan of the UFC but they put the best vs the best consistently.

Boxing needs to do this, people want to see the best vs the best not champion X vs no name lad just to get another 0 in the column.

Kids boxing club decimated by some lad setting up a UFC training camp in his back garden, some of the better boxers have left for it.

Tyson, as usual talking utter waffle....no doubt drugged off his head...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Anybody who wants a free month DAZN referral can send a pm my way.

Anyone see the Gaballo-Rodriguez fight? Total robbery. Disgraceful decision. I was wondering whether it was gifted to Gaballo because of his ties with Pacquiao.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

BBC Panorama doc on the Kinahan's role in boxing starting on BBC One in 5 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Fairly brave of McGuigan to come on camera and speak out against Kinahan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Living on the border during the troubles, Barry is use to it he's no shrinking violet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Fairly brave of McGuigan to come on camera and speak out against Kinahan.

Can't help but wonder if he'd have done it had he not been taken to the cleaners by MTK lawyers a few weeks prior in the Frampton case. Would've been nice for them to get someone a bit more reputable than Barry but I get people are hardly going to be queuing up to appear.

Hardly worth calling that an investigation tbh just a summary of what's happened. Nothing new in it at all. Hopefully does get some momentum and we see sponsors pull out etc but can't say I'm optimistic it'll change anything really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭fitzparker

It was always going to happen that McGuigan would be accused of sour grapes when he had something to say.

the usual MTK minions were straight on twitter to slate him BJS, Edwards, IFL TV, Sam Jones.

We didnt learn anything new but with it being on BBC it has made the issue wordwide, before last night there were still people in the UK hadn't a clue who or what Kinahan was.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Butson

The usual boxing talking heads like Bunce, Benson etc nothing to say on it.
    Also you would surely expect Tyson Fury / Warren / Hearn to comment but nothing.

The sport is rotten to the core.

The Editor of Boxing News came out of it the best. I'm sure in speaking out he has lost access to all those fighters. He also slated Hearn in December for the price of his PPVs and the amount of them. Again, brave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/1y3kadznaf/the-suspected-gangster-at-the-heart-of-world-boxing

That article is basically the full transcript of what the panorama show covered. Nothing new but fairly well laid out and detailed.

Very vocal online criticism of McGuigan from the usual sources. I can't help but feel he was a poor choice to interview, even though he was the only high profile person willing to do so. No shortage of people within boxing ignoring what is very clear and obvious about the background to MTK. It will be interesting to see if this goes anywhere.

Yeah fair play to Barry speaking out, if only it was someone else (that hasn't a track record with money like him) it would have made a bigger punch (excuse the pun)

With Barry speaking out its easy for him to get slagged, even though you could see he meant what he said, he was the easy target for it all to get brushed over with the MTK minions and allow him be the talking point of the programme and not the drug dealer (couldn't have gone better for MTK really)

you could tell Hearn "Lawyered up" for his response and was a decent one that made sense in the scheme of things. compared to Warrens one (or maybe it was Bob) was straight from his mouth and was terrible excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Anybody else get so annoyed listening to Sandra Vaughan talking out of her arse about MTK?

Such an insult to people's intelligence. Absolute pond life.

Jesus, Did anyone see BJS instagram post? it was 100% aimed at Mcguigan and losing his daughter but in true Billy fashion the "always the victim" post went up a few hours later.

The chap is out and out scum who cares for nobody.

I used to really like him as a boxer, I was able to separate the boxer from the clown of a person.

this was the final straw, its now a catch 22, don't give him the Canelo opportunity and drain him of big fights or let Canelo at him and hopefully knock lumps out of the scrote.

fitzparker wrote: »
    Jesus, Did anyone see BJS instagram post? it was 100% aimed at Mcguigan and losing his daughter but in true Billy fashion the "always the victim" post went up a few hours later.

The chap is out and out scum who cares for nobody.

I used to really like him as a boxer, I was able to separate the boxer from the clown of a person.

this was the final straw, its now a catch 22, don't give him the Canelo opportunity and drain him of big fights or let Canelo at him and hopefully knock lumps out of the scrote.

Agreed.

Also, Someone seems to have hacked his twitter now as he is not posting in his usual style and getting into arguments defending DK

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Saunders always been a scumbag, harder for the likes of sky and hearn to ignore that carry on though that it is to ignore the DK issue.

Still find it astounding sky of all them who won't allow cursing in the corner at 3 in the morning are comfortable with the mtk/dk/panorma coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Butson

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Saunders always been a scumbag, harder for the likes of sky and hearn to ignore that carry on though that it is to ignore the DK issue.

Still find it astounding sky of all them who won't allow cursing in the corner at 3 in the morning are comfortable with the mtk/dk/panorma coverage.

Very good point.
    The hypocrisy of these people never ceases to amaze. Looks like Hearn has the Canelo v BJS fight arranged and will likely make a tonne of money, so he will just keep quite now as is his way.
    Sky push all their ethical crap yet at the end of the day are as bad as any of them.

Really difficult to be a boxing fan at the moment.
    The circus around the sport just gets more ridiculous by the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Larsso30

I accept it a bit from likes or Warren and hearn, their hand has been forced by the fighters, there was a time hearn didn't use any mtk fighters for a period, then resigned jono carroll and floodgates opened

I don't know why but I expect far more from sky/bt/espn and ultimately they are the ones who can force mtk/dk change. They can demand it from promoters

Have to agree, loved boxing all my life and love the resurgence into big time but mtk Craic has left awful taste in mouth and I struggle to get behind it anymore.

Advertisement