Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Now Ye're Talking - to a diabetic

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

A lot of factors can raise my blood sugar. Bad nights sleep, stress, sickness, hell, even eating something you didn't realize has carbs in it!

I suffer from this dawn phenomenon thing where, I can go to bed with perfect blood sugars, having being stable all day, and still wake with high sugars. This is caused by a rush of hormones the body releases to initiate the waking process (as is my understanding). Seemingly the best thing to treat this is an insulin pump.
    I can highly recommend the Insulin pump. Life is almost normal with it and you're able to adjust your basal rates for things like dawn phenomenon. It's also handy to be able to change basal rates if your work rates change over a period of time.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks for all the questions and answers on this one everyone, it's been interesting and hopefully everyone has learned something new about life managing diabetes.

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement