Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

I got the VAL maxed out with the Hardpoint Hills and Kills playlist while it was there - have to say I'm disappointed in the end result. As an AR it's decent enough but you'll likely only kill 2 enemies max before needing to reload. The 10 round mags that were bugged are beyond useless now and they were the main draw of it. I've already gone back to the Grau.

Nearly have the SP-R 208 up at 50 and most of the decent sniper attachments unlocked - tested some long range shots in a solo Aniyah Palace last night and that thing is scarily accurate, doesn't seem to be any bullet drop at all even from longest range. That's not saying it will translate well to the distances needed in warzone but shouldn't be too hard to compensate.

SP-R 208 damage range in warzone got nerfed in the 1.28 patch btw

Kar got a buff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    SP-R 208 damage range in warzone got nerfed in the 1.28 patch btw

Kar got a buff

All that work for nothing, thanks IW :mad: Back to the HDR/Rytec so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think the VAL might become my goto for solos maybe even duos but I doubt it's going to allow me give up the dayjob and become a professional gamer.
    I live in hope

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Had another quads win last night, not a great game but we had a decent amount of skirmishes to keep us busy.

I'm really liking the AN-94 set up as "the company's might" at the minute, always get 2 loadouts so I run that with the HDR. I still prefer my AX-50 but I want to level up the HDR too.

Multilayer bugged for anyone else?

Tells me I need ps plus to play but mines not expired till January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Worked up 1000CP this morning and got the Battlepass :D
    I see it's back to decent guns in the Gulag.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

At least Bounty Contracts are finally back in WZ, wasnt enjoying it without them.

mutley18 wrote: »
    At least Bounty Contracts are finally back in WZ, wasnt enjoying it without them.

Yeah, I use them a lot in Plunder too.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

So the Halloween bundles are...interesting to say the least. Anybody fancy dressing up as Jigsaw or Leatherface and dropping in to Verdansk?? :D

Really liking the Ghost Grim Reaper one though.

https://cod.tracker.gg/warzone/articles/modern-warfare-warzone-october-13-bundles

So the Halloween bundles are...interesting to say the least. Anybody fancy dressing up as Jigsaw or Leatherface and dropping in to Verdansk?? :D

Really liking the Ghost Grim Reaper one though.

https://cod.tracker.gg/warzone/articles/modern-warfare-warzone-october-13-bundles

theres another one with a Jason style mask too

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1316219145286037504?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I wonder how the Jason one will go. The owners of the rights are ruthless on anything that resembles Jason, they even put a stop to any future updates to the Friday 13th game.

Accurate tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ran the CR56 Amax in Warzone for the first time and got a solos win for my trouble.

I've read it's the next in line for a nerf. It seems to deal a lot of damage, highly recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

errlloyd wrote: »
    Ran the CR56 Amax in Warzone for the first time and got a solos win for my trouble.

I've read it's the next in line for a nerf. It seems to deal a lot of damage, highly recommend.

I ran the CR56 before the Grau became so overpowered and i loved it, but running anything other than the Grau was silly back then.

CR AMX has been my goto for months, great up close and mid range, it was born nerfed only giving it 45 bullets, leave it alone IW

This is going to be class!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That looks amazing, any idea how it works?

Vicxas wrote: »
    That looks amazing, any idea how it works?

Zombie Royal explained

I'm sorry but it looks terrifying. Warzone is stressful enough without the undead zipping around the place with nightvision. Certainly won't be doing it solo. It took me a year to get up the courage to play Dead Space.

Can’t wait to try the night BR (plunder doesn’t arrive until next week) - time to set up some thermal scopes. Just hope it’s dark enough and not that “late afternoon” darkness you see on the lobby screen at the moment.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but it looks terrifying. Warzone is stressful enough without the undead zipping around the place with nightvision. Certainly won't be doing it solo. It took me a year to get up the courage to play Dead Space.

That will only be the Zombie Royale - the night BR mode won’t include them but there will still be jump scares in certain places (Leatherface is rumoured to be haunting the Krovnik Farmlands and Jigsaw will randomly appear on TV sets - which should be great craic when you are looting houses on your own listening for footsteps and hearing that starting off :D )

That will only be the Zombie Royale - the night BR mode won’t include them but there will still be jump scares in certain places (Leatherface is rumoured to be haunting the Krovnik Farmlands and Jigsaw will randomly appear on TV sets - which should be great craic when you are looting houses on your own listening for footsteps and hearing that starting off :D )

ah Gimli will be grand, just set up camp in one house for the whole game like a true camper :p

even the heart beat sensor is like that thing out of Aliens. Genuinely getting stressed out just thinking about this.

When are these new modes available to play?

When are these new modes available to play?

from 6pm tonight for 2 weeks

from 6pm tonight for 2 weeks

I assume a disgusting update will be required! Or was the last one it possibly....

I assume a disgusting update will be required! Or was the last one it possibly....

think its just the usual playlist update that clicks over at 6, just restart the game if youre on at that time, takes seconds

the update last week pre loaded most of it

You don’t expect to hear people screaming in COD but they do in Zombie Royale :D

It is actually very good fun. When you die you become a zombie, you can throw a gas grenade, jump very far, but otherwise you are Melee only. You need to collect two stims from dead humans to return. If you die as a Zombie you are dead, but if you come back as a human, and die again you repeat the process.

We had our first win there, spent most of the game camping in a small room in a group of three opening fire like crazy whenever the door opened. Normally abhorrent behavior, but in Zombie Royal genuinely justified. We had about 70k and 30 kills between us at the end game. Which was ****ing mental. The usual sort of trepidation end game goes out the window because there are quite a lot of zombies. We ended up as three individuals but managed to get into a rhythm where at least one of us was human at all times, we won it with one of the lads on a parachute as a human and two of us as humans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

It is actually very good fun. When you die you become a zombie, you can throw a gas grenade, jump very far, but otherwise you are Melee only. You need to collect two stims from dead humans to return. If you die as a Zombie you are dead, but if you come back as a human, and die again you repeat the process.

We had our first win there, spent most of the game camping in a small room in a group of three opening fire like crazy whenever the door opened. Normally abhorrent behavior, but in Zombie Royal genuinely justified. We had about 70k and 30 kills between us at the end game. Which was ****ing mental. The usual sort of trepidation end game goes out the window because there are quite a lot of zombies. We ended up as three individuals but managed to get into a rhythm where at least one of us was human at all times, we won it with one of the lads on a parachute as a human and two of us as humans.

Played a few games of it tonight before hitting the hay. Of the 8 games I played it crashed 6 times. Server time out? Never got that error before playing the normal BR. Modes since it was released. Anyone else having trouble with that mode?

evosteo wrote: »
    Played a few games of it tonight before hitting the hay. Of the 8 games I played it crashed 6 times. Server time out? Never got that error before playing the normal BR. Modes since it was released. Anyone else having trouble with that mode?

Crashed in one of our games alright.

watching nickmercs this morning and he crashed in the final circle, I'm sure it's a relatively minor issue that a 100 gig patch will fix

i played about 4 games around half 6 or so didnt crash once and managed to get two of the 16 trick or treat loot boxes.

its a nice novelty but wouldnt be mad about it

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I had a few crashes yesterday before the updated playlist.

I'm a bit disappointed with the zombies mode, I much prefer the way fortnite did it with the random zombie spawn points around the map.

We had a nice quads win last night too, we had 26 kills and I got 11. Probably my best game in a good while

I played the Zombie Royale once. You're at a distinct disadvantage when you are playing solo! Went on to Plunder instead and have eight of the sixteen 'treats'. I ran straight towards a fella and didn't even see him at one stage. He was probably wondering what the hell I was doing!

• Advertisement

Penfailed wrote: »
    I played the Zombie Royale once. You're at a distinct disadvantage when you are playing solo! Went on to Plunder instead and have eight of the sixteen 'treats'. I ran straight towards a fella and didn't even see him at one stage. He was probably wondering what the hell I was doing!

oh i didnt realise they were in plunder too, thought theyd save them for nightime plunder on week 2

will try collect them later

oh i didnt realise they were in plunder too, thought theyd save them for nightime plunder on week 2

will try collect them later

Night time plunder is already live...that's why I didn't see yer man :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Played a few games last night, zombie royale is ok, but the charged jump feels a bit off, I couldn't judge how far or how high it would take me.

night time BR is awesome. our best was 3rd, but fighting in the dark is a completely different experience. I think they've done a great job on this.

presumably everyone is running coldblooded and thermal sights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

gimli2112 wrote: »
    presumably everyone is running coldblooded and thermal sights?

And tracker!!

• Advertisement

Really enjoying Plunder at the moment. I've now managed to get thirteen of the sixteen 'treats' and am only missing Gulag, Dam and Train. There's been a few times when opening caches that I've actually jumped due to the effects! :pac: The night works really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,044 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just a heads up for PS4 players if you go into the store there is a free Warzone Combat pack includes a Rodin Skin 1 hour double xp token handgun variant shivvie knife variant and a few stickers charms and calling cards.
    Not available on PC or Xbox just PS4

I hate verdansk hospital at the best of times but the night mode with the ghosts floating about can **** right off 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Picked a victory in the Zombie Warzone earlier and got nothing for it. Thought I’d get at least a calling card or emblem :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Won a game of Zombie Royale within two of three attempts.
    Died a good few times, but really just made a beeline for antivirals as a zombie and was able to come back quite easily.

Was playing with a couple of randomers, and we took out the last couple of people (as a human), and then got picked up by the chopper as per normal, BUT...

Looking at CODTracker, it says we finished 3rd, as did another team, with one other team finishing second and no team listed as winning.

Wasn't quite sure why. Definitely on the chopper as a human.

I wonder if Codtracker counts it as a win? The mini-Royals and the truck Royals didn't count towards a win.
    Have to say they put a lot of thought into this and it really looks good and not as gimicky as it could have been.

Just need Superstore, TV station and stadium to complete the trick or treat thing

3 places I never usually land haha

Just need Superstore, TV station and stadium to complete the trick or treat thing

3 places I never usually land haha

What's the story with the train one? Do you have to head into the subway or is it the big one that goes right around the map? Every time I realise the big one is there, someone has already pillaged it! I've been trying to get the Dam one but every time I land in, the place is mobbed!

Penfailed wrote: »
    What's the story with the train one? Do you have to head into the subway or is it the big one that goes right around the map? Every time I realise the big one is there, someone has already pillaged it! I've been trying to get the Dam one but every time I land in, the place is mobbed!

I almost always drop train. I am boring like that. If you want to get the stuff off train you have to drop there right at the start, and be prepared to fight. It is more popular than ever, usually at least 3 or 4 dropping, even when it is far away.

I almost always drop train. I am boring like that. If you want to get the stuff off train you have to drop there right at the start, and be prepared to fight. It is more popular than ever, usually at least 3 or 4 dropping, even when it is far away.

I didn't realise it was there from the start! I thought it just appeared! :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement