Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US unemployment is really 19.8%

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

eamonnm79 wrote: »
    I fundimentally disagree with your logic.
    A prediction is only genuine if the person making the prediction is trying to be as realistic as possible with the information available.

You make it sound as if there's a correct prediction and that's possible, nay, probable for someone to arrive at this if they're being genuine. I can assure you, this is not the case predictions will and can vary wildly because of the number of unknowns involved and the "uncharted waters" that the country is going through right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 scipio

The bottom line is by understating inflation and consciously ignoring the asset bubbles they created, they kept interest rates too low for too long causing the debt bubble to get out of control. They didn't notice declining real incomes. GDP I understand is offset for inflaton as well, so growth appears artificially high leading to complacency on interest rates and the affordability of debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭eamonnm79

nesf wrote: »
    You make it sound as if there's a correct prediction and that's possible, nay, probable for someone to arrive at this if they're being genuine.

I am not trying to say that, and you know it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement