Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invalid PM notification

Options
  • 12-09-2019 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I have a constant notification as if I have a private message, but I do not have any unread messages. Is there a way of getting rid of this?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Try log out, clear cache (ctrl F4 on a pc) / log in to your account again.

It's possible it's a leftover from the recent PM spam attach that happened. Hundreds of accounts were banned and thousands of pms were deleted but some notification glitches are to be expected.

I had the same as well but it eventually went away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I'll send you a pm now. Open it,look at it and delete it. Should solve the problem. Someone said something similar in another thread a week or 2 ago.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Nosnon wrote: »
    I'll send you a pm now. Open it,look at it and delete it. Should solve the problem. Someone said something similar in another thread a week or 2 ago.
    That should work - or the OP can send a PM to themself - opening it achieves the same result

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Thanks for sending the pm! I think it was a spam post that caused it as I had an email from someone offering me their cam link :pac:
    The notification is gone now; thanks a million for your help :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Glad you got it sorted! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement