Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 World Snooker Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

If Clarke wins this to go 9 - 7 he's taking it. Can't see Allen winning 3 in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭amens

Before today I never knew who Dave farrar was. I'm sorry I do now. Isn't Hendry enough for commentary? Often less is more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

This lad is not one bit fazed by Allen or the enormity of the situation. Good signs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

amens wrote: »
    Before today I never knew who Dave farrar was. I'm sorry I do now. Isn't Hendry enough for commentary? Often less is more.

I can’t say I’m a fan of him either,

You have the Spaceman and Yates on Eurosport. Classic combo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Doesnt look like buckling so allen gonna have to win it by himself if he can i think. Very impressive this lad, been boss all night. Allen not playing bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Genghis

Very enjoyable match this Allen v Clarke. Wouldn't write Allen off yet, think Clarke needs to win it with this frame to win 10-7, or else I think it will come to a nervy decider.

Impressive 76 break to pull one back by Allen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭waynescales1

8-9, Allen finding a bit of rhythm again, hard to call now.

Allen capable of having the match won in 25 minutes if he gets a chance, scores so quickly.

Well done Clarke, massive win!

• Advertisement

Scandalous error from Mark Allen, played it like he didn’t care that he’d knock the black in, Clarke the deserved winner.

Better player, seriously impressive performance. Allen didn't do a lot wrong but knocking that black in there was criminal.

Should have come off the bottom cushion there with touch of side and try hold the white behind the green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Painful to watch Allen not conceding there!

1/12 favourite for this game i believe, was Allen. First big shock. Thought Allen could go deep this year but beaten by the better man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

Taxi for Allen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Genghis

Fair play Clarke, will be keeping an eye out for him over the rest of the tournament, I like his style and hope he does well.

If he repeats that I'd fancy him to take McGill but i couldn't see any of them beating higgins. Higgins getting the absolutely plum draw this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Well thats my pick to win sent home early.
    Allen really should be comfortably beating someone whos barely hanging on the tour.
    The no crowd curse claims its 2nd big victim

If he repeats that I'd fancy him to take McGill but i couldn't see any of them beating higgins. Higgins getting the absolutely plum draw this year.
    Higgins v Trump would be a great semifinal and looks likely

• Advertisement

Peter File wrote: »
    Higgins v Trump would be a great semifinal and looks likely

Would seem the likely call alright. I know Kyren Wilson always has his fans but he's a bit workmanlike for my liking. Remember when trump and himself used to be a grudge encounter so could be interesting if they do meet. Not sure the w/o actually in Wilsons favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

1/12 favourite for this game i believe, was Allen. First big shock. Thought Allen could go deep this year but beaten by the better man.

Clark was 14-1 in running, 2-0 down. Maguire any chance of a comeback? 8-1 in Ladbrokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,900 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Genghis wrote: »
    Fair play Clarke, will be keeping an eye out for him over the rest of the tournament, I like his style and hope he does well.

Yeah I only caught the last frame. Seems to have both decent safety and potting. Although can be a bit rash like when he lashed the red (for a double I think) when frame was virtually over and nearly went in off.
    Was some great shots in that 48 break he got in the last frame that a mere mortal would not get. Plus he won the 4th frame with three snookers. Definite all round player.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Clark was 14-1 in running, 2-0 down. Maguire any chance of a comeback? 8-1 in Ladbrokes

No. Martin Gould is playing out of his skin. I can see him going deep.

No chance. He was out of sorts and I feared he would smash his cue at one point. No way back.

Dante7 wrote: »
    No. Martin Gould is playing out of his skin. I can see him going deep.

Gould's breaks 57, 103, 77, 103, 100, 83, 103. Seems to like getting 103's. :D

I must have jinxed Maguire thought he could win outright! Glad I did not put my money where my mouth is.

Gould is 38 yo. Eight years since he was in top 16 and slid since. Maybe Maguire can come back a bit and pressure him... I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

He hasn't annoyed me so far but not so much Ted Lowe, I thought it was 'whispering' Bob Harris in the box with Hendry there. He does sound a bit like whispering Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,903 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

He hasn't annoyed me so far but not so much Ted Lowe, I thought it was 'whispering' Bob Harris in the box with Hendry there. He does sound a bit like whispering Bob.

Yeah, he reminded me of Bob Harris too. Made me feel like looking up some old clips of The Old Grey Whistle Test again.

• Advertisement

Maflin walking out to “Crazy” by Seal? Tune.

Advertisement