Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kundalini expert / specialst in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭HighKing33

Yeah, but we're using eastern terms like prana and chakras as if we knew exactly what they were. In reality we're borrowing terminology from alien cultures and you can't assume that all of the tremors and migraines that go with the kundalini experience come from rising inner energy - that's a stereotype that the new age pins a lot of it's dogma to.

This may be outside of many people's comfort zone but fact of the matter is we are surrounded by presences. They affect energy too and many are quite adept at manipulating your electromagnetic field so that's not necessarily your "energy" that you're feeling. There's no magic pill that's going to make those presences go away.

It's all largely irrelevant because during a full-blown kundalini experience, (which is intense), you are going to have no choice but to adopt a meditative lifestyle anyway.

If you simply find yourself becoming sensitive to energy, having o.b.e.s and the like then I would still advise the dietary and lifestyle changes given in my previous post but some form of meditation I still feel is essential. Find a meditation group in a secular environment like a yoga centre or a 'mindfulness group' and do that once a week.

You're right, deep meditation is not for the faint-hearted. I'm reminded of Bertolucci's film The Little Buddha, what a movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭macco66

It's meditation, specifically vipassana, breathing meditation that has activated this within me - and it's not something I can feel thankful for, either. I know 100% without doubt that this is the cause as it is what I was doing at the time I had what I's describe as my 'experience'. I have recently attempted to take up gentle meditation again after 5+ years and it only stoked the flames under I suppose what you'd term kundalini symptoms. I wish I could still meditate as I used to get great benefit from it. Apparently there can be adverse effects from meditation in up to 8% of practitioners, some studies say. I wonder if it's K type syndrome/symptoms that may be at the centre of these 'adverse effects'. The headaches etc. are not pleasant (to put it mildly) and these are just one symptom. Gratitude for this process?? Sorry, haven't been able to find that yet.

2 days ago I had a repeat of another experience that has happened to me possibly 4 or 5 times since March '12, a very unpleasant experience that I'm wondering has anyone else had? It's like a sudden 'snapping' of ones consciousness and then proceeding to feel for the rest of the day that your consciousness is either trying to leave you althogether, or has expanded to many times it's usual size. Sounds mad, I know! A thoroughly horrible and terrifying experience that feels like a genuine crisis of sorts. It ended with a loud, metallic sounding pop and whizz in my right ear. Any thoughts anyone? I never want to go through this again.

Peace

Astral Projection is not natural. It often begins happening to people in their early teens, probably the least likely demographic in the country to even bother meditating. If you want to control it, you need to meditate. Another useful trick is to sleep asian style, put a sleeping mat on the floor and lie supine before falling asleep. Sleeping on the flat of your back allows your electro-magnetic field to flow better. Like I said above, there are presences - hungry ghosts, genies, energetic parasites, etc. that cling to us. Not to mention implants and the like (perhaps this explains those electronic noises in your ears?), a strong, natural electro-magnetic field is the best defence if you're looking to get the monkey off your back.

I have to say I'm a little curious that so many people come onto a spirituality forum seeking to demonise meditation. Maybe there are a lot of gremlins about this year?

Peace

I "need to meditate"?

Just wondering what your personal experience is of kundalini activation/awakening HK33?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

I think the problem with the kundalini conversation is that it is like speaking another language. In my experience people see it as a much more glamorous way of looking at and describing what is basically heavy duty self healing. I have found at times that meditation can be really useful but never when I've been having intense physical symptoms. I have been working with a bodywork therapist who helps me to find release each week but between sessions self-soothing and plain old (and very non-esoteric) distraction is what's kept my feet on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp-jwv3RcjU

Clip from a Kundalini Therapist saying what Not to do during a Kundalini / Healing Crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RepublicOfzen

Solution to kundalaini problems I had where to do grounding excercises. I teach these at meditation workshops thatI facilitate. I dont teach people how to raise thier kundalini, as I deem that as iressponsible without teaching people how to ground themselves first.

Anyone suffering from what I call, kundalini syndrome will benefit from my workshops.

We can arrange something if someone wants private sessions.

My current workshops are in private space. When I secure a regular space in Dublin, the workshops will be more open to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MindBodySpirit

Three years now since my Kundalini woke up. It's been a rollercoaster ride!
    What comes up is extraordinary -so many suppressed emotions that I wasn't even aware of! The physical and empotional symptoms have been really painful. On the plus side of things, my body is becoming more and more flexible and with tension releasing gradually from the muscles, younger looking too!

Against common advice recommending to refrain from energetic practice like chi-gung, I practice everyday twice a day. For me it has definitely accelerated the process, though it has also intensified the experience. This was a personal choice -Id rather the intensity over a shorter term than suffer the symptoms over a longer spell. Thankfully, it feels as though the major hurdles are almost passed -my energy levels are almost back to normal as is my weight and my thinking is clearer.

Grounding excercises are a good idea. Dietry changes are helpful - a lot of clearing happened via the stomach/intestines for me. With my digestive system compromised my gut flora was way out of balance -cutting back on sugar, procesed foods helped a lot.

All the same, there is no cure per-se -only to go through the symptoms layer by layer ... and emerge transformed ;-)

Thanks for sharing Mindbodyspirit . Sounds like you have a great sense of your own coping level and so could decide to speed up and intensify the process . It never fails to amaze me how much energy both physical and psychic is locked up in the holding patterns and blocked emotional centres of the body . It's almost worth the physical upheavals and emotional rollercoasters that allow these breakthroughs which liberate trapped energy and allow us to integrate it back into life .

Hi Barrymanilow!

Yep, you're absolutely spot on -extraordinary how much gunk can be locked up in the body! Makes me wonder without it all how amazing life must be with it cleared! I'm grateful that the kundalini woke it up in me...the awareness of the phys./psychic/emotional layers makes me determined to delve into it...painful as it is and let the light in! I'm really fortunate that life allowed me to experience different energy and meditative practices before Kundalini woke up ...at least I can use them to work with it.

And of course, it's not always painful. Nature shines brighter than before, the intuition has become my best guide and I'm a nicer person as a result! The ego puts up quite a fight all the same!

Yeah, my coping level is at its very limit, I chose to quit my job to focus more on the inner work. Reading up on other peoples experience it seems it can take many many years to work through it. Brain fog, depression, intestinal probs, fears etc are enough of a motivator for me to get through it as soon as is humanly possible...that's the plan ! ;-)

When the time is right I hope to be able to help people going through it! Gopi Krishna predicted more and more people will be experiencing Kundalini over time -I wouldn't be surprised at all!

• Advertisement

I think the hardest thing about the process is that it's non-linear. It constantly feels like one step forward, two steps back. I keep thinking 'i thought I was done with that bit' and then there it is again.
    This and feeling like you don't know how to communicate with people who are locked into their structures. It's lonely
    I went to a buddhist centre in Cavan last weekend and had so many amazing conversations. It's restored my faith a bit. My world had gotten quite small for a while there...out of necessity as a lot of stuff was coming up, but it can become isolating if you don't seek out others who are doing the work

Totally agree Lolo62 ...one step forward...two back! And it certainly is isolating. It can be difficult to open up to people as it's very difficult for others to relate to the unfamiliar. In other cultures where kundalini is understood, the awakening is supported but it's so difficult in the west! Buddhist culture certainly understand kundalini awakening-very supportive.

Spirituality, mythology, art and poetry give clues and insight into the process in ways mainstream science just can't yet fathom. Traversing the kundalini journey is an act of blind faith. Cleaning out not only the personal stuff but also family and ancestral blocks is not easy! I believe the process of clearing helps a lot of people in way's which can't be fully grasped!

Ultimately, it is possible to get through it step by step -certainly with the right support it can be easier! In the early stages of mine-I felt in bitsl -I've come to accept that I was more ready for the experience than I thought... but only realising this a few years on! I've so much respect for anyone going through it!!

So true about the arts. I teach music one to one and I feel so lucky because if I didn't have the outlet to talk about self expression all day I would definitely be on disability and in the dole queue. I like to think I'm providing an outlet for my students too as they're all on the proverbial conveyor belt of points and dog eat dog competition. So for half an hour a week during music lesson things get a bit psychedelic...and they gobble it up!

It's definitely a road less travelled in this country. Trying to explain it to someone who doesn't know is pointless which creates a big separation alright. Talking to colleagues on breaks etc is a huge challenge for me at the moment. When you stop playing either the starring role, or the guest spot on someone elses show things can get pretty awkward! It can be fun at times if you're in the flow because you can disarm people with honesty and kindness, but on bad days it's easy to slip into arrogance and ego, especially if you feel like you're the only one doing the work within a 100 mile radius :P

Nice little animation that briefly explains the chakra system . In my understanding a Kundalini awakening is when all the gunk in each of the pools is suddenly brought up to be cleaned out , sometimes in a way that is quiet overwhelming .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02FkMr21xOA

or go to you tube and enter the following in the search bar ;
    How To Open Your 7 Chakras - As Explained In a Children's Show

That's an excellent clip BM -I like how the teacher explains that once the process begins, that it can't be reversed!

lolo, totally get where you're coming from re. 'normal' conversations. It can be difficult to hold an everyday conversation while there is a battle going in inside!

If you google 'The hero's journey' for images, there are some interesting parallels with the Kundalini Journey. The Hero's Journey is a common theme across cultures which signifies the transformative process which an individual can undergo. It's is generally an undertaking that the individual doesn't feel ready for (but I guess a higher power knows better!) Willingly or unwillingly, a point of no return is crossed (differing from the reality he is accustomed to) where the 'hero' is confronted with huge challenges, but is guided along the way. An encounter with death is one of the aspects of the journey followed later by rebirth (new consciousness). The hero returns to his familiar surroundings transformed bringing the gifts (such as courage, wisdom, love) that he learned on the journey.

It is comforting to know that obstacles can be overcome, albeit one step at a time against seemingly unsurmountable odds! Famous historical figures have transformed (with a great deal of suffering) only to emerge strengthened and better able to take a leading role in their lives and with humanity in general. Think, Nelson Mandela, Jesus, Martin Luther King tons of others!

Kundalini awakening, is such a huge transformative process though it can be difficult to see the blessing in it when knee deep in suffering! It does get easier ...just need to hang in there ;-)

Hi MBS, good to have your input.

You mention you've been practicing chi-gung. Have you had any experience with the Chinese microcosmic orbit? I think that's what it's called. It's one thing that I keep having recommended to me and seems to be one exercise that's not looked at with caution, in relation to Kundalini.

Cheers

This piece is worth watching , lots on kundalini in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8qRcHfZsl0

macco66 wrote: »
    I "need to meditate"?

Just wondering what your personal experience is of kundalini activation/awakening HK33?

Yeah, if you're having kundalini symtpoms I would suggest again that you need to 'meditate'. You're going to have to calm the mind, all that extra electricity that's flowing into the brain will need to flow clearly, I don't see how you can do that without stilling the mind and letting go of any ego traps.

I've already spoken about my kundalini experiences with a lot of candour, perhaps too much since I don't think scaremongering helps anyone. Lets be honest, the things we are describing here make up many of the mental health problems that afflict our population and psychiatry is so wide of the mark in it's approach to dealing with these issues that it's kind of worrying.

One point I would like to make concerns the role of repressed sexual energy. Not all contact with 'spirits' should be demonised as succubi, reaching a plateau where you can make contact with your god or goddess is a major milestone in meditation (check out the song 'Dream Lover' by Big Star). Relax and let go of crap.

I don't believe counsellors are necessary but talking definitely helps. Also watch Bertolucci's The Little Buddha, heh heh, it will do the heart good.

HighKing33 wrote: »
    I've already spoken about my kundalini experiences with a lot of candour, perhaps too much since I don't think scaremongering helps anyone.

Hi, can you point me to where you've spoken about them? I'm interested to read about them.

macco66 wrote: »
    Hi MBS, good to have your input.

You mention you've been practicing chi-gung. Have you had any experience with the Chinese microcosmic orbit? I think that's what it's called. It's one thing that I keep having recommended to me and seems to be one exercise that's not looked at with caution, in relation to Kundalini.

Cheers

Hi Macco,

Microcosmic Orbit Meditation seems very similar to The Golden Flower Meditation (The Secret of the Golden Flower Book is on Amazon). I have tried it and found it quite effective. Just as Highking suggested ... meditation is really important ... stilling the mind. I found the microcosmic orbit type meditation really helped complement sitting meditation.

• Advertisement

BM- That's a really really interesting vid you posted on Kundalini/Bi-Polar! The guy has a sense of humour :-) Thanks for sharing it!

One point I would like to make concerns the role of repressed sexual energy. Not all contact with 'spirits' should be demonised as succubi, reaching a plateau where you can make contact with your god or goddess is a major milestone in meditation (check out the song 'Dream Lover' by Big Star). Relax and let go of crap.

Nice point HighKing! Yep, sexual energy can crop up in sleep/meditation and I agree - whatever happens happens -and best to flow with it.

Re Counselling in the big scheme of things, I agree - it's not absolutely necessary but can help... I got a few sessions but couldn't afford it long term. Having someone (esp friends/family) to talk to who is open-minded enough to listen certainly does help... kindof like this forum ;-) I'm really selective about who I open up to -certain friends, my mum ...my dad hasn't a clue what I'm going through!!! Transpersonal psychotherapy (the type which acknowledges spiritual transformation) isn't so accessible in Ireland as in the UK but I'd imagine it a good avenue to explore if the need arose. Generally if I feel I need it ...that need passes after a couple of days and I'm ok then! Same goes for GP's...I just don't go there!

Transpersonal psychotherapy (the type which acknowledges spiritual transformation) isn't so accessible in Ireland as in the UK but I'd imagine it a good avenue to explore if the need arose. Generally if I feel I need it ...that need passes after a couple of days and I'm ok then! Same goes for GP's...I just don't go there!

There are loads of transpersonal psychotherapists in Ireland. Any decent psychotherapist acknowledges spiritual transformation. Kundalini is just an eastern term for what in the west is hard-core self healing right down to the very core of your being.
    For a psychotherapist to be effective in helping you contain this experience though they have to have gone through it themselves but I know plenty who are and have in Dublin alone.

Thanks Lolo,

Honestly, while I know that many psychotherapists have gone through deep personal transformation I never encountered one who went down 'to the very core' as you put it'! Good to know they exist ;-)

It seems really common for kundalini to bring up a lot of digestive problems in the process. My digestive system totally crashed in the initial stages and three yeas on they are still healing. Leaky gut & candida have been painful side-symptoms.

It took me ages to realise how important diet is to help heal the process. Some good nutritional advice has helped lots and certain natural supplements (such as tumeric, slippery elm and Glutamine) have really helped with bloatedness and digestive inflammation. Promoting a healthy gut environment with the right bacteria really helped alter my mood, thoughts and emotions for the better ...plus cutting back on sugar with the digestive problems made a big difference. Feel freee to PM if anyone needs a heads-up on nutritional stuff ;-)

In the meantime I saw this Mooji video which some of you might enjoy. It's by Mooji -good advice for overcoming the blocks which arise on the spiritual path and sticking to the journey!

http:// mooji.tv/freemedia/ you-be-the-one-that-wins-your-self-back/ (just get rid of the spaces)

Nice point HighKing! Yep, sexual energy can crop up in sleep/meditation and I agree - whatever happens happens -and best to flow with it.

Very true and sexual tension is better dealt with through acknowledgement rather than suppression. It could exist between you and people you may not ordinarily feel any attraction towards but at a subconscious level it could be the reason behind all kinds of nervous tension in your body, particularly around the gut and pubic bone. Relax and don't fight whatever crops up mentally during meditation. Let the clouds pass.

However, meditation is not masturbation and probably one of the biggest reasons why we have not seen a genuine energy master on the planet in a long time lies with peoples' addiction to astral sex. There are more 'swingers' out there than you may imagine, witches covens and such, energy vampires devoted to masturbation, not to mention the supernatural threat of succubi and incubi. In my experience all of these spiritual drains are real and not to be taken lightly which is why lifestyle management is so crucial. When we drink and take drugs, eat processed foods and the like we leave ourselves vulnerable and if you knew what was out there you certainly wouldn't be taking any chances.

Very true and sexual tension is better dealt with through acknowledgement rather than suppression. It could exist between you and people you may not ordinarily feel any attraction towards but at a subconscious level it could be the reason behind all kinds of nervous tension in your body, particularly around the gut and pubic bone. Relax and don't fight whatever crops up mentally during meditation. Let the clouds pass.

However, meditation is not masturbation and probably one of the biggest reasons why we have not seen a genuine energy master on the planet in a long time lies with peoples' addiction to astral sex. There are more 'swingers' out there than you may imagine, witches covens and such, energy vampires devoted to masturbation, not to mention the supernatural threat of succubi and incubi. In my experience all of these spiritual drains are real and not to be taken lightly which is why lifestyle management is so crucial. When we drink and take drugs, eat processed foods and the like we leave ourselves vulnerable and if you knew what was out there you certainly wouldn't be taking any chances.

I've had visits from the grim reaper lately while sleeping. It's all fear at the moment (although each time the spiral loops around, a tad less frightening) seems to manifest late at night. Pretty proud of myself for sitting up and staring right at him until I wake up and realise he's not there and I was asleep. Doing a lot of inner child work at the moment and distinctly remember as a kid being paralysed and stopping my breath when sensing a presence in the night. It's so nice to have the observer at the wheel this time around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Frauchan

Hi. I've just found this discussion. I have been living with kundalini for nearly 20 years and I have had a lot of physical experiences most of which are centred around my Lower chakrasI've worked with many therapists and most of them have no idea how to accompany somebody living with kundalini syndrome I regularly speak with Bonnie Greenwell who is written several books on spiritual emergency that she has been very encouraging and very helpful in my work as a therapist I meet very few people Who have taken this journey in my case it was accidental through deep meditation and acupuncture in the 90s it's been a very hard journey and it has been mainly complicated by trauma which I experienced as a child. Trauma seems to be the main complication in the kundalini process so finding the right therapist who can allow you to feel express and release the trapped energy is a Blessitt thing I don't expect a reply from anyone but I'm happy to have read your experiences and wish you all healing and wellness as you continue your journey

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭marvin2k

Hi Frauchan , thanks for sharing your experience . This Thread has become a Kundalini support network of sorts . I have found that the TRE exercises mentioned back in this thread really helped me process the trauma element of what Kundalini brings up. The trembling that this theraputic approach encourages is a lot like what sometimes happens anyway when the kundalini energy is amped up and pushing against a blockage in the body .

My take on it is that if you can just kind of get out of the way and let your body do what it needs to do then it will shake itself back into a more balanced state .

Here is a link to a good article on it ;

http://absentofi.org/2011/08/tre-update-3/

• Advertisement

Frauchan wrote: »
    Hi. I've just found this discussion. I have been living with kundalini for nearly 20 years and I have had a lot of physical experiences most of which are centred around my Lower chakrasI've worked with many therapists and most of them have no idea how to accompany somebody living with kundalini syndrome I regularly speak with Bonnie Greenwell who is written several books on spiritual emergency that she has been very encouraging and very helpful in my work as a therapist I meet very few people Who have taken this journey in my case it was accidental through deep meditation and acupuncture in the 90s it's been a very hard journey and it has been mainly complicated by trauma which I experienced as a child. Trauma seems to be the main complication in the kundalini process so finding the right therapist who can allow you to feel express and release the trapped energy is a Blessitt thing I don't expect a reply from anyone but I'm happy to have read your experiences and wish you all healing and wellness as you continue your journey

Hi Frauchan. The right therapist is essential when working through trauma and the blocks it creates. There are so many who just don't have the strength and boundaries to be able to help someone through deep trauma as they may not have had similar experiences our had them and not worked them through.
    I do think the two go hand in hand though. For me it's really important not to treat kundalini as something separate from trauma...if you are aware of both and what they really are from an energy perspective at least.
    I have gotten to a place now where I have accepted I had a lot of trauma in my body, without being a victim about it. I try to see each wave as an opportunity now where more of me is coming through and although it can be immobilising temporarily, I don't need to freak out about 'being back here' again.
    Have you got a schizoid character structure by any chance? I only ask because I do and have similar issues with my lower chakras.

Advertisement