Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime and policing analyst in AGS (EO level)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I am guessing they are running two classes then. I wonder if they’ll get both done before Christmas as my colleague is only around 9 or 10 weeks into her vetting and I doubt she’ll be sorted by September.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AirAmp2019

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I am guessing they are running two classes then. I wonder if they’ll get both done before Christmas as my colleague is only around 9 or 10 weeks into her vetting and I doubt she’ll be sorted by September.
    I'm nearly 16 weeks in...I wonder might they be closer the 12 weeks for the person you know and get a second batch in...too wishful thinking?! Who knows!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

CS101 wrote: »
    Thanks! Of course vetting took approx. 16 weeks.

Did you get the offer via PAS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CS101

No, through Human Resources section in An Garda Síochána.

AirAmp2019 wrote: »
    I'm nearly 16 weeks in...I wonder might they be closer the 12 weeks for the person you know and get a second batch in...too wishful thinking?! Who knows!!

Yeah who knows, although I can’t see it being 12 weeks as vetting seems to really slow down during the summer. Personally I hope it comes up as soon as possible for her...professionally after Christmas would be great. Either way it’s been the slowest moving competition I can remember.

Is everyone who has been getting offers Dublin based, or outside Dublin?

• Advertisement

Is Special Clearance moving any faster post-summer months?

So mid September and still no sign of anyone starting. Just had a meeting with our HR department who are pushing for my colleague to find out what’s going on so we can make a case to get new staff from the CO panel.

Anyone heard any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MU1

Heard a batch started this week. Placed in different locations within and outside Dublin.

Good to finally see some movement for everyone waiting but that’ll leave them with a very tight time frame to fit in another class this side of Christmas.

Anyone here heard any more on this?

Colleague has been trying to get through to both PAS and Garda HR for the last two and a half weeks by email (no reply) and phone (we’ll leave a message for the relevant person) with no luck. At best it looks like nobody has a clue what’s happening, and at worst they are dodging her because there’s no intention to move on to the next batch.

HR not overly impressed as they need to know for definite when she’s going before being granted a replacement.

• Advertisement

There's a "known issue" with strand 3 special clearance. PAS have highlighted to AGS who are aware and are "working on it".

No option to move into the general pool to be appointed to other positions, just have to wait for the clearance to go through.

No mans land.

There's a "known issue" with strand 3 special clearance. PAS have highlighted to AGS who are aware and are "working on it".

No option to move into the general pool to be appointed to other positions, just have to wait for the clearance to go through.

No mans land.

Did you hear that from PAS?

Yes, have never had a problem getting through.

Yes, have never had a problem getting through.

My colleague has had no problem getting through to PAS but she’s trying to get through to the specific people who sent her the vetting forms to see if they have any information about when or if the next group will start but can’t get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭08122019

Does anyone know what is going on with this competition?

I have heard nothing since I submitted my vetting 6 months ago. I have been on to PAS who said they would be in touch once they had my paperwork back but that was two months ago and I have tried to get in touch with with AGS where I was told somebody would call me back but I have not heard anything.

I stupidly told my current line manager that I would be going and am now constantly being questioned about when it is going to happen. I am sure most of my colleagues think I have made it up at this stage :D

Has anybody heard about vetting recently? Or has anybody who trained already heard if a new group will be brought in or should I just forget about it at this stage?

Don’t think you should forget about it completely. I know my department has started to wind down for the year and put off any major projects or taking on new staff members until the new year, the focus now is making sure everything that has to be done by the end of the year is done. Could be the same scenario here.

Hopefully that is what is happening.

I phoned AGS HR earlier and the person who deals with it is off until later this week. The person I was talking to told me that once they are finished with the vetting in Navan they get sent of to Phoenix Park, so they might not even have them. I was told again that she would call me back but am not expecting a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NicolaR123

Hi all,

Just wondering has anyone heard back from AGS at this stage? After my interview I was 12 OOM, so I (foolishly) thought I would be invited for vetting. I have not heard anything since the interview results. I applied for Galway and Westmeath areas. Should I simply forget about it now, after not hearing in almost a year? Thanks.

NicolaR123 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering has anyone heard back from AGS at this stage? After my interview I was 12 OOM, so I (foolishly) thought I would be invited for vetting. I have not heard anything since the interview results. I applied for Galway and Westmeath areas. Should I simply forget about it now, after not hearing in almost a year? Thanks.

The last time I heard anything was back in January. I Went for interview this time last year and was top 10 OOM after interview, submitted vetting a few weeks later and had not heard anything until I contacted them. After a lot of chasing and being fobbed off I eventually got hold of the person dealing with it and she told me that training was scheduled for late April/early May because they needed to bring in trainers from the uk. Although when I spoke to her she also let slip that vetting had not been sent off for the final stage.

Obviously with the current situation that’s not happening. I’ve tried to contact both AGS and Public Jobs to try get an update on the competition but have heard nothing back. They’ve been horrible to deal with during this competition which would have me thinking twice about taking it. I’d suggest sending off an email to both AGS and public jobs asking about the status of the competition, maybe if a few people do it they might bother responding.

So I just spoke to someone in PAS and they are finished with the competition for now and it is with AGS. The panel will expire in September and there will be no extension due to COVID 19.
    If AGS contact them before September they will move on to the next stage.

I think this can be written off given how poor/slow AGS HR are and the fact that they hadn’t even submitted my vetting for the final stage last time I spoke to them, and their talk of needing to bring tutors over from the UK there’s no way a class will be organised in the next 12 weeks. Kind of frustrating given how long and drawn out the process was and all the effort of filling out the vetting paperwork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 NicolaR123

Thanks 08122019 for letting me know. That is disappointing to hear but not surprising given how the whole process has developed over the last 2 years. Maybe next time :)

Ahhhh......seeing a new post in this got my hopes up that there might have been an update :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ArtfulPodger

Anyone else get an email about this today asking if they are still interested?

I was contacted yesterday to see if I was still interested. I still haven’t responded, given how long we’ve been waiting they can wait a few days while I think it over.

Does anyone have any insight into what the job is like? Is it all on site or is there any scope to work from home? Is flexi available?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Would anyone happen to have the info booklet for this role?

I understand it's long past accepting applications I just wanted to view the booklet all the same, if possible!

Many thanks

I understand it's long past accepting applications I just wanted to view the booklet all the same, if possible!

Many thanks

It’s probably somewhere in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Think this is the booklet

Many thanks

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107545058&postcount=116

Here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

job seeker wrote: »

Cheers, i managed to find it scrolling through the thread.

But thanks for posting

Has anyone replied to the recent email? And has anyone heard anything back?

Replied over the weekend but given how it has gone so far I won’t be holding my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ElfieSelfie

Did you hear anything back from them? I got a request to re do my vetting application as it had expired,but haven't heard anything since

Advertisement