Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting liquids, gels or creams out

Options
  • 04-04-2020 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I went to the post office the other day and was sending a package to the Uk.
    "Are there any liquids, gels or creams inside" I was asked. And when I said there was a little bottle of essential oil among the items, I was told I couldn't send it, it was forbidden.
    "Do you think I could send it with a courier? They didn't know.
    I checked the DPD site and no liquids, glues, jewellery! turntables, trees, bathroom suites can be sent.
    Does anyone know how I can send the essential oil out? A bottle of perfume, a pot of homemade jam?
    Say nothing, post and hope it arrives? How would they know there were liquids?
    How do the companies that make Irish beauty products get their stuff abroad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

MOD: <SNIP> Please note new forum charter and stickies. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Very good. Thank you

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved to Couriers forum

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They have restrictions for a reason. Perfume is usually flammable, for example. Check around the other couriers to see if they will deliver it for you.

Advertisement