Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pub in Dundalk?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 johnboybob

Great pint...electric atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 astonvilla

oh yeah fagans is just awesome

must say the ladies were just fantastic too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 johnboybob

Dunno so much about that side of it but the pints were good and at the end of the day, thats what it's all about.
    None of this pink tequila for me...oh no...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 astonvilla

also just thought it would be good for everyone to know that there is beach party on in there tonight from 9,ironic cn as its xmas.......

chicks in bikinis was wat was on the posters, so that must be the place to be tonight!!!!!!!!!
    And for happy hour between 10 - 11pm you can drink shots off the barmaids tits!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

astonvilla wrote:
    And for happy hour between 10 - 11pm you can drink shots off the barmaids tits!!!!!!
    Classy.

The Spirit Store is a nice wee spot,as is Russels for a quiet Sunday evening pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Has to be brubreakers now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

beerkeeper all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

no way the beer keeper is like a gay bar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

used to like going to courtney's to watch lfc then one day I walked in and there was a big chelski flag---dont go there anymore to watch footie....

I like going to the beerkeeper, good selection of beers etc...Been to Lawlor's a good few times now and I have to say I enjoyed the place, except for that barman getting on stage and singing, and the bad pints of carlsberg it would be deadly...

Brubakers is really something else tho, I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

draffodx wrote:
    no way the beer keeper is like a gay bar

I go there for the beer. Its the best in town.

The gayness is just a bonus :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Guinny

The best pub in Dundalk got to be either Corbetts or Lawlors. Corbetts because Dessie and his staff are sound, there's pool/snooker tables,there's a good atmosphere and i won money in the xmas draw.
    Lawlors because there's a good atmosphere and the when a band is playing it's guaranteed to be a good night.

The worst pubs are Harveys because the staff are pricks and also all the pubs in bridge street because you might get stapped or beating up

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

2 words: Spirit Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2 r bine

petes wrote:
    Good pints in Corbetts? First I've heard of it. Toales beats any pint in the town!!!

Agree. Toales is the only pub with consistantly good Guinness.

And the pub with the consistantly bad Guinness, And anything else too for that matter, is not a hundred miles away. :mad:
    The food is alright but don't get a pint with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

havent been out for pints in dundalk in ages, but back in the day it was macmanus (sp?) and of course the railway bar!
    fine times :)

I go there for the beer. Its the best in town.

The gayness is just a bonus :P

quality ;)

lawlors is good time charlies now, it does be fairly noisy and rowdy(not violent rowdy but eeveryone twisted rowdy) so its only good if your twisted too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Is jackies still in business? Twas a great place for putting on a bet or two and not a bookies in sight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Guinny wrote:
    The best pub in Dundalk got to be either Corbetts or Lawlors. Corbetts because Dessie and his staff are sound, there's pool/snooker tables,there's a good atmosphere and i won money in the xmas draw.
    You're a bit behind the times, mate. Dessie and Kay sold up last November. The Castle Bar is no longer Corbetts.

Is jackies still in business? Twas a great place for putting on a bet or two and not a bookies in sight :D

yeh it is, is a lovely spot for food now i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

draffodx wrote:
    yeh it is, is a lovely spot for food now i believe

Where is it?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

sudzs wrote:
    Where is it?? :)
    On the old Dublin Road opposite the Fairways Hotel.

• Advertisement

yeh its just after the fairways on the right hand side as you head out that wy, have never been myself but a friend reckons its one of the nicest places he's been, cant comment on his taste though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭ladylorenzo

petes wrote:
    Good pints in Corbetts? First I've heard of it. Toales beats any pint in the town!!!

Yeah, if ya fancy a depression session! If there's one pub in this town that has an amazing ability to depress the life and soul out of me, it's that dark hole that is Toales. Miserable. Best pub? Spirit Store by a mile...i feel so proud of that place. Who knew that an old wee pub at the docks in Dundalk would become one of the most prestigeous venues in the country?! Top notch. LL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭ladylorenzo

dont think ive ever been in a pub on bridge street, and i dont intend on changing that anytime soon...ill stick to the park st/francis st area etc

pighead ive saved him the trouble, i wouldnt want to clog up any more threads with my useless points than i already have :rolleyes:

Thats a real shame. You're missing out on the hidden delight that is Custers. The family that run it are a mental wee bunch...great fun, great pint, great crowd and the food ( tex mex / home-made burgers / steaks / the best chicken dishes in town!)....they have a pretty strict door policy though so small minded people need not apply. For anyone else, you should really check it out..she's a wee gem! LL;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Thats a real shame. You're missing out on the hidden delight that is Custers. The family that run it are a mental wee bunch...great fun, great pint, great crowd and the food ( tex mex / home-made burgers / steaks / the best chicken dishes in town!)....they have a pretty strict door policy though so small minded people need not apply. For anyone else, you should really check it out..she's a wee gem! LL;)

Agree with this. It is indeed a fine establishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Thats a real shame. You're missing out on the hidden delight that is Custers. For anyone else, you should really check it out..she's a wee gem! LL;)

Aye its a grand spot. I ventured in about a month ago on a Friday night not knowing what to expect, its a fine spot. I usually wouldn't be that end of town at all but I was kinda killing time and it was on my way home! Also I was in McAlesters and Harrys Bar, again not knowing what to expect given the reputation of the street but both were perfectly normal, clean toilets, friendly staff and decent pints. Would go back no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭andyd12

Old thread guys!!
    Eh myself and a few boys are heading up there for a night! Anyone recommend a few good pub's? Also where is the best pint of plain? A lot of them will be pounded!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

andyd12 wrote: »
    Old thread guys!!
    Eh myself and a few boys are heading up there for a night! Anyone recommend a few good pub's? Also where is the best pint of plain? A lot of them will be pounded!!

The Greenore railway saloon would be my fave for a pint of Guinness... quiet though.. Kennedy's too (at the train station).

i do like the castle bar myself..

Advertisement