1. Predict the IMT (Irish Mean Temperature), the average for five locations, Claremorris, Mullingar, Casement, Oak Park and Shannon. The 1981-2010 normal value for May is 11.1 C. (max 25 points)
2. Predict the MAX (highest temperature at any regular reporting site as confirmed in the Monthly Summary of Met-Eireann) during May. (max 20 points)
3. Predict the MIN (lowest temperature etc, see above) (max 20 points)
4. Predict the PRC in May (rainfall and liquid equivalent of any frozen precip) as a percentage of normal values. The baseline for this is a grid of eleven stations, the five mentioned in part one above, and also Belmullet, Malin Head, Valentia, Ballyhaise, Johnstown Castle, and Cork. (max 15 points)
5. Predict the SUN (sunshine) for May as a percentage of normal values at six locations (Casement, Dublin, Belmullet, Cork, Shannon, Valentia). (max 10 points)
6. For a BONUS question (10 points), what will be the IMT for week three (15th to 21st) of the month? Normal value can be taken as 11.5. That will be the average of the seven days of that third week, not the running value for the whole month.
The usual deadlines and penalties apply. Good luck !!
My forecast plus NormaL will follow
MTC ____________ 11.1 _ 23.5 _ -1.1 _ 130 _ 095 __ 11.3
NormaL __________11.1 _ 24.5 _ -1.0 _ 100 _ 100 __ 11.5