Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 alarm battery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rebel001

Hi,

My HKC quantum 70 control panel has gone silent i.e. no keypad tones, no "System Arming" / "System unset" The alarm seems to be working fine in full and partial setting. I have tested the alarm in full set and it sounds after the 30 second exit timer has expired.

I would like to able to hear the tones as it is what I am used to.

The system is ~3 years old and it had the panel battery replaced in Jan 16 as part of a service.

Anyone any ideas? I do not have the engineering codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Rebel001 wrote: »
    Hi,

My HKC quantum 70 control panel has gone silent i.e. no keypad tones, no "System Arming" / "System unset" The alarm seems to be working fine in full and partial setting. I have tested the alarm in full set and it sounds after the 30 second exit timer has expired.

I would like to able to hear the tones as it is what I am used to.

The system is ~3 years old and it had the panel battery replaced in Jan 16 as part of a service.

Anyone any ideas? I do not have the engineering codes.

I would say your speaker is blown.
    There is also a siren built into the control panel which is separate from this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Can I be PMd the engineers manual thanks.

Can I be PMd the engineers manual thanks.

Ill PM you that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

"Control Panel Internal Battery Pack Needs Replacing" - I'm getting kinda sick of this message :)

can someone please send me the engineers manual, I assume it's straightforward enough to replace (alarms been in just under 4 years).

TIA.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'll PM you the manual.
    I have to say, I don't know of any other panel that notify s of battery replacement based on time rather than performance and condition.
    Maybe it's because this battery is supplied by HKC more so than globally.

loyatemu wrote: »
    "Control Panel Internal Battery Pack Needs Replacing" - I'm getting kinda sick of this message :)

can someone please send me the engineers manual, I assume it's straightforward enough to replace (alarms been in just under 4 years).

TIA.

The timer is set for 3 years on these systems.
    If you go into engineer mode, service menu, eng tools menu, battery menu, replace battery.
    This will reset the timer.

The manufacturer advises this battery be replaced every 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'll PM you the manual.
    I have to say, I don't know of any other panel that notify s of battery replacement based on time rather than performance and condition.
    Maybe it's because this battery is supplied by HKC more so than globally.

There aren't many battery manufactures in the world and it's highly likely that the battery cells that are in a HKC panel and other systems with similar type packs use the same cells.

Maybe other manufacturers should be telling you that their packs might not be up the job after three years like HKC do.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Maybe other manufacturers should be telling you that their packs might not be up the job after three years like HKC do.

They do.
    If the battery is not up to the job the panel will tell you if the performance drops or charge drops.
    3 years is a very short battery life for a panel battery IMO.
    Anyway , when it comes to battery issues/HKC lets not mention the war.;)

There aren't many battery manufactures in the world and it's highly likely that the battery cells that are in a HKC panel and other systems with similar type packs use the same cells.

Agree with Fred.

Just because a battery tests good with a meter or the system checking for its voltage does not meant it will hold up to a quiescent test.

• Advertisement

Been doing wireless systems a long time now. Other than a faulty battery or a problem with the panel I've not seen a battery that needed to be replaced on a new system within 3 years.
    Anyway, its a nice feature & a nice earner if it works. Good luck with it.

Like us all here.

Ive seem sensors fall off systems with no battery warning at all so yes, it is a good feature to have.

I thought this was just on the panel back up battery.
    Is this timer on sensor and device batteries also.? :( Not very economical and not very green .

Yes the timer is just for the backup battery, altho the sensors will give you a low battery warning to the control panel if they are low.

But a sensor battery could just as easily be faulty and not notify you via the panel going by your logic..
    Regular servicing and testing would probably be the better option rather than a fixed time regardless of load, performance and situation,location etc.

Cant see anything wrong with my logic if it shows a sensor not on a system.

You are missing the point re the timer.

The timer is an indication that the battery is not going to support the system for the designed time its meant to in the event of a power failure or an intruder cutting the power to a system.

If a system is installed and not serviced then the HKC system will flag the battery been past the manufacturer's recommendation.

You said it was a good idea and you had seen seen sensors drop off with battery issues without warning before. Bit this only refers to the panel battery.
    With the exception of very old panels I have never seen this happen with a panel back up battery.
    Anyway, some people like these revenue generating features. Reminds me of the old printers, Samsung I think it was, they would tell you to replace some ink tray because it was full.Regardless of how little or how much you used the printer.
    You can't gaurantee any parts to work after any given period. Should there be a replacement timer of a few years on sensors or other components also??
    Anyway, as I said, some people love features like this others don't. You clearly like it. I for one don't. I'm sure others can decide likewise.

They where two separate statements relating to batteries in sensors that would drop off with no warning and the back up battery itself.

I have come across systems with no faults, then once the mains power has been removed the system would just go dead.
    This is with a back up battery showing no faults on the system.

As you know people will only get a back battery replaced when it shows up as low.
    In reality the battery should be replaced well before this as its not up to doing its job.

Batteries should be replaced when necessary I agree entirely.

They do.
    If the battery is not up to the job the panel will tell you if the performance drops or charge drops.

Apart from showing a battery fault when the system registers a low battery, what performance test does the system do to indicate to an end user if the battery is not up to the job?

• Advertisement

Voltage test, charge test, load test, temp test amoung others.
    All very standard stuff, I'm surprised you need to ask.

Not for us, for an end user.

Happy to help you and them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Hi, Could i get the engineers manual? We've a hkc panel that is flashing warning lights after a blown fuse last week. Alarm appears to be setting fine, but would like to clear the alerts.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

uberwolf wrote: »
    Hi, Could i get the engineers manual? We've a hkc panel that is flashing warning lights after a blown fuse last week. Alarm appears to be setting fine, but would like to clear the alerts.

Thanks

Which panel is it? Is the voice on the keypad male or female?

uberwolf wrote: »

Thanks

I have PMed you the quantum manual.
    If it's a different panel let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Hey, sorry to do this as well, any chance I could get a copy of a manual for the quantum 70 please?

No need to apologise.
    I have PMed you that.
    If you need any help give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I have PMed you the quantum manual.
    If it's a different panel let me know.

It doesn't say on the actual interface. The one box I have says sw10-70 on it. We had the thing installed by a charlatan who told us he was registered but I subsequently couldn't find him on the register - so the details I have are sketchy

• Advertisement

Ahh we all live & learn...
    I PMed you the 1070 Manual.

Advertisement