Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

ok i see thanks very much altor far all your help

Your welcome..

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

altor wrote: »
    Your welcome..
    hi altor
    just letting you know i wired in the relays today. lights and heat are now controlled by text its working perfect. one problem tho is dat when i connected the digi modem and phone lines etc, i could not control the panal by text for some reason so i removed it again and everything perfect

hi altor
    just letting you know i wired in the relays today. lights and heat are now controlled by text its working perfect. one problem tho is dat when i connected the digi modem and phone lines etc, i could not control the panal by text for some reason so i removed it again and everything perfect

Thats good to hear. There must be a problem with the GSM as it should work.

Thats good to hear. There must be a problem with the GSM as it should work.
    hi altor
    i reconnected the digi modem today and went through all setting its now working perfect. thanks for all your help

hi altor
    i reconnected the digi modem today and went through all setting its now working perfect. thanks for all your help

Your welcome seanwindle22, happy its all working for you now.

• Advertisement

Your welcome seanwindle22, happy its all working for you now.
    hi altor
    ah i thought the dmc was worling correctly but i tried to do a test call and it returned 'no handshake'. i them tried to test text the numbers and that didnt work either. in the modem status it says everything is ok inc. line ok.
    does the protocals make any difference as they are defaulted to fast format.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What number are you sending the test call to?
    I will only get handshake from a central station.

koolkid wrote: »
    What number are you sending the test call to?
    I will only get handshake from a central station.
    hi koolkid
    oh im sending it to my own mobile can i not get the dmc to ring my number if alarm sounds or even text me

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It will ring your number yes. But on a test call it will fail because its expecting a hanshake from ARC.

It will ring your number yes. But on a test call it will fail because its expecting a hanshake from ARC.
    Thanks koolkid
    Ok so to test if its working right should i set off the alarm and see will it dial the numbers i programmed into the DMC also does it matter that the text inable is turned on for the DMC to ring

• Advertisement

Yes a full activation will test it for you. Remember there is probably a 20 second delay on alarm activations. Leave text enabled if you want it to text you also.

Hi seanwindle22,

It wont work that way. If you where putting the text dialer through to a monitoring station and using the GSM as a backup and for remote access it will but the way you want it to work wont. The GSM once installed takes over from the text function on the HKC panel.

Yes a full activation will test it for you. Remember there is probably a 20 second delay on alarm activations. Leave text enabled if you want it to text you also.
    thanks koolkid
    i set off the alarm let it ring for 2 minutes and it only text me from the gsm unit and i got no text or phone calls from the dmc
    I dont know what is up status said line is ok

i set off the alarm let it ring for 2 minutes and it only text me from the gsm unit and i got no text or phone calls from the dmc
    I dont know what is up status said line is ok

The quickest way to test it is to activate a panic on the alarm.
    " * and # on the keypad together "

The quickest way to test it is to activate a panic on the alarm.
    " * and # on the keypad together "
    Thaks altor
    So basically with the gsm connected the dmc can only a monitoring station and not my phone i just got a text saying dmc ftc i persume this is from the dmc

Thaks altor
    So basically with the gsm connected the dmc can only a monitoring station and not my phone i just got a text saying dmc ftc i persume this is from the dmc

Correct. The ftc is failed to communicate meaning the test call failed.

Correct. The ftc is failed to communicate meaning the test call failed.
    Thanks again Altor
    I will just carry on with the gsm and maybe down the line connect the dmc to the monitoring station

Thanks again Altor
    I will just carry on with the gsm and maybe down the line connect the dmc to the monitoring station

Its a pity it cant do both. If you turn off the line monitor it will save you having to remove it from the panel plus if you do decide to connect it to a monitoring station it will already be installed.

Its a pity it cant do both. If you turn off the line monitor it will save you having to remove it from the panel plus if you do decide to connect it to a monitoring station it will already be installed.
    ok thanks again for all your help ya is a shame it cannot be used. regarding the gsm outputs i spoke to someone in hkc and they informed me that i could use o/p 3 &4 for heating i just need to re programme them in the menu. only drawback tho is e.g text aux to turn off o/p 4 and if connected to a pump wil turn that off and on etc. i reprogrammed these and tested them and it worked prefect. o/p 3 was also re programmed so its not a pulse out but a toggle switch like the rest.

ok thanks again for all your help ya is a shame it cannot be used. regarding the gsm outputs i spoke to someone in hkc and they informed me that i could use o/p 3 &4 for heating i just need to re programme them in the menu. only drawback tho is e.g text aux to turn off o/p 4 and if connected to a pump wil turn that off and on etc. i reprogrammed these and tested them and it worked prefect. o/p 3 was also re programmed so its not a pulse out but a toggle switch like the rest.

Thats good, glad its all working out for you..

• Advertisement

Thats good, glad its all working out for you..

thanks very much altor for all your help and some great info.

thanks very much altor for all your help and some great info.

Thanks seanwindle22, always happy to help if i can..

anyone know if i can link my smoke alarm into the inputs on the hkc gsm unit so if the smoke alarm goes off i get a text telling me. do i need a special smoke detector or wil the mains wired ones do

anyone know if i can link my smoke alarm into the inputs on the hkc gsm unit so if the smoke alarm goes off i get a text telling me. do i need a special smoke detector or wil the mains wired ones do

12v smoke detectors are more commonly used with alarm systems. Wired direct into the main control panel.

12v smoke detectors are more commonly used with alarm systems. Wired direct into the main control panel.
    ok so where in the main panal do i wire into and how do i connect to the gsm unit

ok so where in the main panal do i wire into and how do i connect to the gsm unit

They are connected into a zone on the panel. Change the zone type to fire. You will get the 12v supply off the panel.

They are connected into a zone on the panel. Change the zone type to fire. You will get the 12v supply off the panel.
    thanks again altor
    will any make of a 12 v smoke detector do could you recommend one even

thanks again altor
    will any make of a 12 v smoke detector do could you recommend one even

I use EI Electronics Ionisation 12v Smoke Detector for a hall or landing or EI Electronics 12v Heat Detector for a kitchen.

I use EI Electronics Ionisation 12v Smoke Detector for a hall or landing or EI Electronics 12v Heat Detector for a kitchen.
    thanks altor
    im sure any brand would do the job must get 2 to link into the system

• Advertisement

thanks altor
    im sure any brand would do the job must get 2 to link into the system

Your welcome,

If you have the free zones i would utilize them plus as you are monitoring the alarm you will also get a text notifying you if there is a fire in the house.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement