Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The OJ Simpson verdict and other blatant miscarriages of justice

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Clarence Moses-El, in prison for 28 years based on the victims evidence that she saw his face in a dream even after originally naming the guy who actually did it.

The fact that the Michael Jackson child molestation accusations actually got to court, despite the fact it was all made up and was pretty obvious.

Yeah so innocent he gave the first kid $20 million to keep his mouth shut for the rest of his life.

If someone accused me of being a nonce and I had Jacksons money I would spend every penny proving my innocence instead of giving someone money to keep quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I'm guessing you are white because most black people believe he was correctly found innocent. I think it plays out that way white people Sat he was guilty black people say hhe was innocent. So maybe not a true miscarriage of justice

It is or it isn't. And Irish people aren't American so they wouldn't care about whatever cultural influences you are talking about.

The Meredith Kercher murder trial....the dogs on the street could tell Knox and Sollecito were involved. How they got away with it beyond me

I really can't believe that anybody would believe any of that. Knox going to trial when another guy is already is in jail for the same murder done a different way was a miscarriage of the judicial process.

You sleep in a bed with children who are not your own?

You kinda takes your chances.

I think MJ was a very screwed up person, but unless there is a trial none of us can say whether or not he's a bad guy. He definitely lived on another planet and in all likeliness had an unhealthy interest in children, but its not something anyone knows beyond a reasonable doubt.
    PressRun wrote: »
    Well, everyone is entitled to be defended in court. It just so happens that OJ had the best defence attorneys money could buy.

It also didn't help that evidence was planted by corrupt police. If you know some of the 'evidence' isn't genuine, how can you trust any evidence?

I think he did kill them btw, but I think the verdict was correct. The prosecution proved nothing beyond a reasonable doubt.

• Advertisement

I believe Jackson was largely asexual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Sheeps wrote: »
    the prosecution literally argued that Michael Jackson tried to kidnap them in a hot air balloon.
    The poster I quoted said it's a "fact" it was all made up and that this was obvious though.

I can't see how it's obvious, and it's certainly not a fact. I don't know that Michael Jackson did or didn't behave inappropriately towards children. It seems possible that he might have tbh, but of course not a definite.

It's also not definite that Amanda Knox was involved in the killing of Meredith Kercher. I don't get why people state as fact that she was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Ineedaname

The Meredith Kercher murder trial....the dogs on the street could tell Knox and Sollecito were involved. How they got away with it beyond me.

There were numerous flaws with the case. There was little evidence to back up the supposed motive that Knox was resentful of Kercher and no evidence tying them to the crime scene.

The fact that they were found guilty, not guilty then guilty again before finally being found innocent shows how flawed the case was.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Candie wrote: »
    I think MJ was a very screwed up person, but unless there is a trial none of us can say whether or not he's a bad guy. He definitely lived on another planet and in all likeliness had an unhealthy interest in children, but its not something anyone knows beyond a reasonable doubt

I'd say Jordi Chandler knows, but a $20,000,000 payout means he'll forever hold his silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Andy Dufresne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

All this hullabaloo over a Simpsons character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

The kids can call you HoJu!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

The Meredith Kercher murder trial....the dogs on the street could tell Knox and Sollecito were involved. How they got away with it beyond me

How so?, you've not read any of the evidence have you?, just the tabloid sensationalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

CongoDance wrote: »
    His nephew was innocent. Steven? Im not so sure. The Netflix doc left lots out.

Never heard of this case and now lost sleep has was glued to the 10 parts. Listening to the phone conversations between his mother and himself were awful, his IQ is low 70's and its sad to hear hear him say i said those things because I am just stupid. I don't understand how he is still in prison, he would have admitted to any crime going.

ken wrote: »
    Harry Gleeson.

Was just reading up on this case, doesn't look like the real killer was ever found.

Advertisement