Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gargle (not drink, that awful medicine)

• 02-01-2016 4:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,602 ✭✭✭✭

My Christmas has been ruined by tonsilitis, I haven't been able to sleep for a week and the pain it causes to swallow anything is unbelievable

So the geniuses at the doctors decide to give me the 'effervescent' pain killers instead of the tablet forms.

Now it actually hurts way more to take the pain killers than it does to just sit in my bed and sob myself through the long winter night.

I've got a half a cup of the stuff in front of me now, looking at me, taunting me

My tonsils are so closed up that I can't fit more than a few drops down it at a time, and even then half of it comes back up and has to be swallowed again :(

Gargling some fizzy noxious bile in my mouth over my swollen bulbous jabba the hut esq tonsils might have seemed a good idea at the time, but I'm seriously considering getting a local dealer to give me some morphine instead of this solpadol bs

When I'm finished taking the 'pain killer' I've got to somehow force food down that maze of puss and inflamation because the antibiotic i'm on won't work on an empty stomach.

So after hours, What has ruined your christmas this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Gargle some salt water and drink your feckin solps you whinger. /medical advice

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Wham

Akrasia wrote: »
    My Christmas has been ruined by tonsilitis, I haven't been able to sleep for a week and the pain it causes to swallow anything is unbelievable

So the geniuses at the doctors decide to give me the 'effervescent' pain killers instead of the tablet forms.

Now it actually hurts way more to take the pain killers than it does to just sit in my bed and sob myself through the long winter night.

I've got a half a cup of the stuff in front of me now, looking at me, taunting me

My tonsils are so closed up that I can't fit more than a few drops down it at a time, and even then half of it comes back up and has to be swallowed again :(

Gargling some fizzy noxious bile in my mouth over my swollen bulbous jabba the hut esq tonsils might have seemed a good idea at the time, but I'm seriously considering getting a local dealer to give me some morphine instead of this solpadol bs

When I'm finished taking the 'pain killer' I've got to somehow force food down that maze of puss and inflamation because the antibiotic i'm on won't work on an empty stomach.

So after hours, What has ruined your christmas this year?

That sounds really nasty, am sick in bed myself at the moment and it's not how I planned spending Christmas & new year! Take the pain killers but just take your time with them, the tablets would definitely be more difficult to take if your throat is that closed. Gargle disprin every 4 hours and that will help, hope you feel better soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Ouch brings back memories. Wouldn't wish Tonsilitis on my worst enemy. It's absolute torture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,602 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I love the Charlie Brooker piece on it.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2008/jul/28/healthandwellbeing.health

Anyway. I'm in Limerick regional hospital now.( I managed to convince the 3rd gp I saw that my entire throat closing up might be a little bit terminal,) so having spent 12 hours on a trolley in A&E i finally got diagnosed with Quincy which is an even worse form of tonsillitis (take that Charlie Brooker!) and they had to drag the poor ENT consultatant in from call to pull 20ml of gunge from the back of my throat.

Advertisement