Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astro 11-a-side rules

Options
  • 24-08-2006 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

Just spotted these last night.
    3. Each team is allowed a maximum of eleven players on the field of play. Substitutions can be performed in a roll on - roll off manner where by players can come on and off as many times as they like.

So as many subs as we like!? Thats great!
    6. As each match has a maximum length of 60 minutes, 30 minutes per half.

I didnt even think we would get a half time break. Anyone know how long this is?
    8. A yellow card offence is punishable by five minutes in the "sin bin".

I love this idea! Lets try not get any cards, 5min is a long time in these games! :)
    10. The offside rule will not be played in any match.

This takes a while to get used to. Especially if you are a striker.
    11. The Sliding tackle has been banned for player’s own safety as is wearing studded footwear of any kind, including moulded studs.

Obvious enough. Shame no moudleys are allowed.
    14. All players must wear shin guards, failure to do so will result in a forced substitution regardless of how many players are available to the offending team on the night.

Shin guards! Metal ones with spikes are the best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

They sound great:D

I don't have to get used to the offside thing anyway, never played a game it was a rule in, cept pro evo:D

Sin bin idea is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

had to actually see that for myself to make sure it wasnt a joke about the no offside rule. That's crazy, it's a different game entirely without offside, I can see plenty of long balls to strikers sitting in the box. I know it's difficult to enforce correctly but not having it at all is a bad move

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

On 7-a-side teams ive played with we usually have every man behind the ball
    so there is really no fast one pass counter attacks.

But with 11-a-side I havent the foggiest what tactics they use. Tis why we have
    the gaffer to lead us!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

had to actually see that for myself to make sure it wasnt a joke about the no offside rule. That's crazy, it's a different game entirely without offside, I can see plenty of long balls to strikers sitting in the box. I know it's difficult to enforce correctly but not having it at all is a bad move

I know its a cliché but it is the same for both teams. If we can learn to use it to our advantage then we'll do alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

When i 1st played this there was offiside but only in the last 3rdit was to stop teams humping it long, back four set on the line and were forced to pass it, no offisde rules that out and encourages humping.

This is new to me i preferred the other way you had to play it forward.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KdjaCL wrote:
    When i 1st played this there was offiside but only in the last 3rdit was to stop teams humping it long, back four set on the line and were forced to pass it, no offisde rules that out and encourages humping.

This is new to me i preferred the other way you had to play it forward.

kdjac
    Maybe they should introduce something similar to the line-pass rules from ice-hockey... i.e. - no balls from one end third to another.

But with rolling subs it could be a bit too much like hockey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

This isnt the one i was in the one i was is http://www.nighthawks.ie/

Astro is a split from them, we have league options at this stage :D

kdjac

Advertisement