Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Mix Collections

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Ah good stuff, I certainly remember watching that one on acid :pac: Love Autechre actually, except the most recent album which is a bit difficult to get into.

That Biosphere track is amazing too, have watched most of the 3 Lux DVD alright. If I knew how to rip from the DVD I would stick up that AFX track also.

I still haven't watched all of the X-Mix DVD's, must fit them in before I go back to work on Monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Yes that Biosphere tune is a great track. Still havent got to see 3 lux on vid. Footage on Y tube seems scarce too. :(

And more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoRnufMvxQ4&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l46Av-7D8vM&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

:D deadly little thread this....only found it after having a bit of a re read of the asylum/oldskool thread . Nice 1

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :D deadly little thread this....only found it after having a bit of a re read of the asylum/oldskool thread . Nice 1

Can't beat the old X-Mix series, the definition of the music and visuals of that time for me - I'd nearly have a screen in my gravestone playing an X-Mix 24 hours a day! There's an idea....

Can't beat the old X-Mix series, the definition of the music and visuals of that time for me - I'd nearly have a screen in my gravestone playing an X-Mix 24 hours a day! There's an idea....

:D stranger things have happened , be something else, ravers grave yard full of holographic headstones and mourners buzzing of them lol mental imagery ...... man i used to love all that latenight weekend stuff on MTV (original mtv) partyzone n that, the trippy vids for the mixes, great way to chillaxe after a good bounce..........just been browsing that Simone Angels blog lol :o used to love her bitd , sexy lil euro babe that she was.....remember that Ray Cokes dude too, fookin nutter he was mad for the tunes too! legends

• Advertisement

:D stranger things have happened , be something else, ravers grave yard full of holographic headstones and mourners buzzing of them lol mental imagery ...... man i used to love all that latenight weekend stuff on MTV (original mtv) partyzone n that, the trippy vids for the mixes, great way to chillaxe after a good bounce..........just been browsing that Simone Angels blog lol :o used to love her bitd , sexy lil euro babe that she was.....remember that Ray Cokes dude too, fookin nutter he was mad for the tunes too! legends

yeah big time, before I even was going out I used to watch Chill Out Zone etc on acid with mates, I've some serious memories of the likes of this from back then... we'd see who had a free gaf and sit around off our nut on acid watching this stuff, little did we know what was to come when we hit the clubs!!! :eek:

Ultramarine - Hooter (Carl Craig Remix)

yeah big time, before I even was going out I used to watch Chill Out Zone etc on acid with mates, I've some serious memories of the likes of this from back then... we'd see who had a free gaf and sit around off our nut on acid watching this stuff, little did we know what was to come when we hit the clubs!!! :eek:

Ultramarine - Hooter (Carl Craig Remix)

We used to take mushies n sit around watching it,just sat n someones darkened sittingroom all tripping to bits of the tunes n images....i think we all comunicated subconsciously coz you'd never hear a word spoke but it was like we all knew what we were thinking...smoke? tea? spliff? skins? everything just got said in a smile .......lol astral projection prehaps?!?:D

We used to take mushies n sit around watching it,just sat n someones darkened sittingroom all tripping to bits of the tunes n images....i think we all comunicated subconsciously coz you'd never hear a word spoke but it was like we all knew what we were thinking...smoke? tea? spliff? skins? everything just got said in a smile .......lol astral projection prehaps?!?:D

yeah know what you mean, we had the exact same nights - and then whoever owned the gaf might eventually announce that the parents would be home soon so we'd have to leg it... and there would come the next stage of the night, walking what would normally take 10 minutes but takes 3 hours in a complete fcked up tripped state! And then finally home, creep in the door and up the stairs to bed, in bed with walkman on - in my case then probably Aphex Twin or some mix, tripped off your head in bed with the tunes bangin away!

By fck do I miss my youth!!! :(

yeah know what you mean, we had the exact same nights - and then whoever owned the gaf might eventually announce that the parents would be home soon so we'd have to leg it... and there would come the next stage of the night, walking what would normally take 10 minutes but takes 3 hours in a complete fcked up tripped state! And then finally home, creep in the door and up the stairs to bed, in bed with walkman on - in my case then probably Aphex Twin or some mix, tripped off your head in bed with the tunes bangin away!

By fck do I miss my youth!!! :(

Meet your brother!! :( man i couldnt get the head down until i drank a gallon of sweet tea n smoked a good ten spot lol used to be mashed after getting marching orders from a gaff, pure buzz killer,walking around all spongy legged just wanting a comfy seat n some sounds.......could ya imagine been the age we are now back then and seeing that **** going on lol :eek::eek:

Meet your brother!! :( man i couldnt get the head down until i drank a gallon of sweet tea n smoked a good ten spot lol used to be mashed after getting marching orders from a gaff, pure buzz killer,walking around all spongy legged just wanting a comfy seat n some sounds.......could ya imagine been the age we are now back then and seeing that **** going on lol :eek::eek:

We actually liked the buzz of wandering around after being kicked out of a gaf, it became part of the night... standing outside a chipper trying to decide who'd go in to buy the cans of coke, or the 24 hour garage for smokes and skins... it was all part of the buzz! You'd be craving though hearing some tunes alright, and when you eventually got home it was great sticking on the headphones - the sound was unreal on a trip, especially having being wandering for a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

:D:D what a post made me smile that

jonnny68 wrote: »
    :D:D what a post made me smile that

Nice 1 Johnny ....job done so!.....we are all slaves to the rave & we rave to the grave...... it's all about the good vibrations m8 ..... like the old Country n Western track says .... "We got the positive energy" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Just found these - bought them when I lived in Berlin back in 1996

VHS

X-Mix-1 The MFS-Trip

and

X-Mix-4 Dave Angel Presents

Advertisement