Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TK Maxx for Mullingar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MsGiggles

ongarboy wrote: »
    Looks like Mullingar and Athlone are getting TK Maxx stores this year. I'm surprised that two would open in the same county in the same year but surely a sign of an improved economy? A welcome jobs boost too!

Ooo that is some really good news....

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

I'll believe it when I see them both open......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭veryangryman

ongarboy wrote: »

Both serve a fairly unique radius to each other though. Mullingar almost in Meath, Athlone almost in Roscommon. Can see both doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Both serve a fairly unique radius to each other though. Mullingar almost in Meath, Athlone almost in Roscommon. Can see both doing well.

already one in Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

+1 Athlone and Mullingar may as well be at opposite ends of the country, they even have separate local newspapers. Can't see that a particular store opening in one would have anything to do with the other town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Opening 3rd of September with Athlone on 17th according to their website

http://www.tkmaxx.ie/new-store-athlone-kilarney-mulingar.php

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ceirseach

Someone should tell them how to spell Mullingar!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Ceirseach wrote: »
    Someone should tell them how to spell Mullingar!

Well spotted! It's all over that page!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Popped into the new Tk Maxx in Mullingar today. It was bananas busy. You would swear it was a few days before christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The Athlone store is going to be easily the largest store in the Town Centre
    It is engulfing all of Easons old spot plus the vacant slots outside and all of the old Born/Zaavi spot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I would have thought that the old Harvey Normans site in Mullingar would have suited them better.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Long Gone wrote: »
    I'll believe it when I see them both open......

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Anyone been in the TK Maxx store in Athlone yet?
    I went in on Thursday evening after work, it was busy but not mad busy. I was a bit meh after it. Maybe a lot of the stock was gone but I struggled to find normal clothes like tops, trousers, etc. Big rails of knitwear and coats.
    The mens and the household sections were pretty good. Boys clothes section was non-existent as far as I was concerned unless the boy was younger than 6 year old. Bought a running top just to say I didn't leave empty handed! Husband went in during his lunch hour and got a great Regatta jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That's tk maxx for you in general. Can be hit or miss and stuff tends to come in in consignments so you can be lucky depending on when you go in.
    Finding your size can be another days work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Not too impressed with it in athlone so far. Main issue being that each floor has 2 levels with 3/4 steps between them. Nightmare with a buggy. Totally pointless. Saw very little of the shop as the lift yoke was out of order on the ground floor and when I took the shopping centre lift to the top level, I got annoyed when I saw another set of stairs again and headed back out the door.

Advertisement