Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coinstar machines Dundalk - Mod note post #17

Options
  • 20-02-2012 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Are there any Coinstar machines in Dundalk?
    I went to the one in Tesco Longwalk today and it was out of order.
    Are there any other change machines where I can convert my Euro coins into a voucher or notes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

There is one in the old shopping centre beside McDonalds.
    One in the shop on Quay street...might be a Londis but not sure.
    Think there is one in the shop beside the Malt House also.

That's all I can think of but I'm sure there are more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Those coinstar machines charge a 10% commission on taking your coins, a massive charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

indiewindy wrote: »
    Those coinstar machines charge a 10% commission on taking your coins, a massive charge

Money well spent when you have over 100 Euro of cents to count and bag.

I went to Londis Quay Street in the end. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

indiewindy wrote: »

Only if you want the cash, there is no charge if it's used for shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Money well spent when you have over 100 Euro of cents to count and bag.

A bank would be a better place to go.

The Guvnor wrote: »
    A bank would be a better place to go.

Not really. They charge for counting coins.
    Not to mention having to queue up for a cashier, and then piss everyone off as they queue waiting for you to have your 100 Euro in coins counted.

Not to mention having to queue up for a cashier, and then piss everyone off as they queue waiting for you to have your 100 Euro in coins counted.

So what? Why would you give a sh*te?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Dunny, there was no need for that aggressive post, it contributes nothing to the thread and is pretty much trolling. Consider yourself warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

We have coin hoppers on the self service machines in Arklow. An excellent trick is to buy a packet of gum and stuff the hopper with coins before it can react. When the internal till stops accepting money, you stop, and the machine gives you the amount of money you put in in the largest denominations possible. No 10% surcharge for me.

• Advertisement

We have coin hoppers on the self service machines in Arklow. An excellent trick is to buy a packet of gum and stuff the hopper with coins before it can react. When the internal till stops accepting money, you stop, and the machine gives you the amount of money you put in in the largest denominations possible. No 10% surcharge for me.

Can you explain why you need the gum?
    Do you put the gum in before the coins?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I believe a purchase has been made and as such the surcharge does not apply.

Notwithstanding the above, a money counter costs a Tenner on gadget sites.... A worthy investment if you're spending ten percent of one hundred euro of coins a go....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

No, they weigh the coins in money bags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I should have specified that I meant the Tesco self service checkouts. Our ones have coin hoppers.

darokane wrote: »
    No, they weigh the coins in money bags

You would have to count the coins and bag them then!
    Idiot.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Two infractions handed out to Dunny and Johnny Foreigner so far in this short thread. Any more trolling or personal abuse will result in a ban. This forum is for discussion, not throwing around personal abuse or trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

You would have to count the coins and bag them then!
    Idiot.

So the bank doesn't count them then.
    Thank You:rolleyes:

Insurgent wrote: »
    There is one in the old shopping centre beside McDonalds.

Do you mean it's in the OSC or out beside mcdonalds?

Could use one of these, the one in the longwalk isnt out of order it's just full. Youd think they would empty them, must be some amount of change in it.

Dunny! wrote: »
    Do you mean it's in the OSC or out beside mcdonalds?

Could use one of these, the one in the longwalk isnt out of order it's just full. Youd think they would empty them, must be some amount of change in it.

It's in Tescos in the old shopping centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I think you originally saying it was " in the Old Shopping Centre" was a bit of a clue. :)

I have to say I never noticed it. But then again I was neither looking for it nor knew it was there. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Dunny wrote: »
    Only if you want the cash, there is no charge if it's used for shopping.

is this still the case? There is one in my local Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Techmaster wrote: »
    is this still the case? There is one in my local Tesco.

Yes.

BTW the one in Tesco Dublin Road is full at the moment and i cant really ever remember a time when it wasn't,obv a very busy machine.

EDIT: For anyone with coins counted and bagged,Boyds in the Clanbrassil centre will take them.Save a trip in to the bank maybe.

There is still also one in the Londis on the point road, obviously the charges apply.

There's one in the old amusement place beside the Roma.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭janedoe007

Has anyone used these machines lately or where is the best value now ?
    Do you get full value if you spend in Tesco ?

Ulster Bank have one, think they are probably the best value, haven;t used it, but if there is a charge it's a lot less than the coinstar machines!

All the others are about 9-11%

Advertisement