Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Fáil 75ú Ard Fheis

Options
  • 21-03-2014 1:10pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The 75th Fianna Fáil Ard Fheis gets under-way tonight in Killarney with Micheál Martin opening the annual conference at 7PM, and he will close the event with the leaders address which will be televised at 8:30PM tomorrow.

For anyone that is intersted, you can read the Clár here.

It is a pretty important conference for the party ahead of the local and European elections as Micheál Martin needs to 'rally the troops' so to speak, however the motions and policy workshops will be doing a lot of work behind the scenes that perhaps will not get as much media attention.

Fianna Fáil Ardfheis in Killarney to attract 3,000 delegates

Martin needs to find his inner Churchill to rouse flatlining FF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Flicked on RTE there, they are showing this nauseating drivel live.
    Cowen's brother cocked up in front of the cameras under "A Recovery for all" banner. Rewriting history as per usuual.
    You'd swear this shower of gangsters hadn't caused the whole mess in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Given that one ex-FF senator is in jail for demanding money with menaces, one ex-FF minister has just plead guity to fraud , one ex TD and one sitting senator are currently under investgation (both innocent until proven guilty of course ) - i am dismayed to see that the Clar doesnt have any anti corruption sessions scheduled .

Maybe Colm Keaveney can give a seminar to address what Colm calls the " rampant corruption of many of Fianna Fáil’s members and public representatives is part of the philosophy of tolerance that existed within that party."

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/retired-ff-senator-francis-obrien-pleads-guilty-to-extortion-29653116.html

http://www.thejournal.ie/ivor-callely-pleads-guilty-1342247-Mar2014/

http://www.thejournal.ie/former-ff-td-ned-okeeffe-arrested-report-431858-Apr2012/

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0113/497531-brian-o-domhnaill/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

They haven't gone away you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

if they convince me that they have a good plan to tackle mental health and suicide (at the coal face this feels like an epidemic in my community) then they have me won back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

I cannot comprehend how these people can pontificate and spew forth outrage without blushing or sniggering at least.

they have no dignity, integrity or honour.

stealthily treacherous and deceitful.

their support are willingly deluded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

yankinlk wrote: »
    if they convince me that they have a good plan to tackle mental health and suicide (at the coal face this feels like an epidemic in my community) then they have me won back.

Many believe that this epidemic is economy related, which FF caused.

I didn't listen to a single morsel of nonsense from this Ard Fheis, but if FF has any answers, I'll bet it will involve a highly paid government quango.

I have no idea what way I will vote for the rest of my life, but I know who I won't be voting for.

Never forget

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Really hoping the country comes to its senses and doesn't vote for their popular economic policies regardless of the possible long term effects. I won't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Many believe that this epidemic is economy related, which FF caused.

Ill hold my hand up and admit it was late when i wandered into this thread. I was looking for anything related to suicide and suicide prevention and I was open to any party no matter what background had to say. But I see im in the wrong place for that sort of thinking. Good luck unfollowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dublinsd

Im surprised that none of you in FF have committed suicide

{Bertie ahern- 2008}

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

dublinsd wrote: »
    scumbag FF supporters. Im surprised that none of you in FF have committed suicide

{Bertie ahern- 2008}

MOD: Your post was way below standards, very trollish, and suggesting that someone commit suicide was a celebration of violence and most inappropriate by charter and Terms of Use. And lastly, scumbag is specifically listed as inappropriate language in charter. Banned 1-month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement