Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 MLB Draft

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The MLB draft is something I know very little about, mainly for the reason you said about not seeing the vast majority the players for a few years unlike the NFL. And there's about a hundred rounds as well with about a million players drafted.

I probably won't pay too much attention to it, maybe just check out who the Mets draft in the first round and read up a bit on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Thursday night marks the start of the 2013 Draft. Anyone know if it is on mlb.tv? I assume so?

It never gains the hype of the NFL draft however, as being honest it takes a few years to see how it pays off as the players are rarely (read 'never') ready out of college/high school.
    I read on the MLB website that they are streaming the draft. I expect Gray or Apell to go first. Since they have played a few seasons of college baseball they may not be too far from been major league ready. Thats important for teams drafting first are in the most need...

These are the sort of guys that could be ready next season. Both Kevin Gasuman and Michael Wacha are first round picks from last years draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I'm watching now on mlb.com, but Im a member so I'm not sure if its freeview.

Hoping Cubs take Appel or Gray. They seem to be excellent solid pitchers and could become a future Cubs stud!

10 minutes to go. Just rounds 1+2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I'll refrain from posting here as people may want to watch it later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

As I was saying earlier, I don't know much about college/high school baseball so can only go on the pre draft player analysis and mock drafts etc. but are you happy with who your team drafted so far?

The Mets got a couple of high schoolers who are years away at best but they got semi-decent write ups but anything can happen of course so it's a wait and see for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

As I was saying earlier, I don't know much about college/high school baseball so can only go on the pre draft player analysis and mock drafts etc. but are you happy with who your team drafted so far?

The Mets got a couple of high schoolers who are years away at best but they got semi-decent write ups but anything can happen of course so it's a wait and see for them.
    Was reading through some forums I look at today for fantasy baseball purposes and some Astros fans who post dont seem to be happy with taking Appel at 1. They would have prefered Kris Bryant who was considered the top bat available. Cubs fans are delighted they got him at 2.

Apparently Appel while almost major league ready only projects to be a number 3 starter according to people who know alot more about the game than me.

Advertisement