Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2007 Boards Fantasy Baseball

Options
  • 16-02-2007 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

OK, I've set up a yahoo league for the season. Hopefully we can get 12 people to fill it!

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/register/joinleague?.scrumb=

The League ID is: 10423 and the password is: boards.ie

There will be a live draft on Tuesday coming at 8pm GMT, but dont worry if you're not available, as you can rank players and have the computer autopick them.

Join Join Join!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

ok, i am love baseball, the best game in the world to play i reckon.

ok, i signed up, could you please explain one or two simple rules to me, please.

1) how does the draft pick work?
    2) what are the basic rules?
    3) how does one get to look at ones league after signing up? (i want to know how to be able to view my team when we start0

ok I figured out Q3 for myself and i was reading some rules, jesus, a lot to read but the rules i would like you explain to me ( hints, i should say) is stuff a newcomer would like to know that the rules dont explain.

I would still like to know the answer to Q1, please.

I will ask my brother to join, i dont think he is in boards.ie, but he loves baseball, he works in the american sports business thing and knows everything about american sports

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

OK here ya go....

On Tuesday at around 7:50pm, go to the league page and load up the draft tool java thingy. Yahoo will pick a random order for the draft and at 8pm on the dot the first person has 30 secs to make a pic, then it transfers to each person 1-12 to pick their top player. Then it goes 12-1 in the second round, and again you pick your top man who hasnt yet been taken. Then it goes 1-12 again, and so on until the whole team has been selected. There's a live chat in the draft window so we can chat away during it

sorry, more questions. hope you dont mind.

I picked custom rank players, just in case i cant make it on tuesday and a few things struck me

1) ---I noticed that the 2 baseball leagues are covered in it.
    2) ---i was wondering is it risky to pick pitchers seen as they dont play every day. where as you would be better off picking a bunch of players like reyes who plays everyday.
    3) ----seen as baseball is played everyday it must be hard work keeping track of your team
    4) how often are you allowed to change a team. like if i went onto the web and saw that lets say john maine was pitching, could i pick him before the game starts.

5) MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION----WHAT TYPE OF LEAGUE DID YOU SET UP, HEAD TO HEAD, FANTASY POINTS OR ROTISSERIA

6) why have a mid season pick?
    thats all i have to ask for now, hope ye dont mind.

sorry about all my messages, but i reckon they are important, you never know these questions might help people join

ANYWAY I WENT INTO LEAGUE SETTINGS AND ANSWERED ALL THE ABOVE QUESTIONS MYSELF, but i would appreciate some more help on my question 4 above please.

• Advertisement

You can change your team as often as you like, but the changes dont take place for a day or two after you make them. You could in theory have a new starter for every day but theres a limit on the total number of innings youre allowed.

For now its just me and you, so I think I'll send PM's to some regular posters here and delay the draft to closer to the start of the season.

I hope you can get some to join, i am looking forward to this. I believe i have a great team in my pre draft line up.

Your looking at a guy here that has not played playstation or xbox for some time now as i am in a wrestling fantasy league, and now with the baseball fantasy league there is no chance in hell i will have the time for PS or xbox. But i dont mind as fantasy leagues are great and i give it 110% of my effort.

My message to ye is ---try and stop me from winning this league, heheheee (oh thats my evil laugh, you will hear loud and clear when i am topping the table) oh, --- and ye cant let a wrestling boards.ie person show ye up.

Draft delayed until closer to the start of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭decies

Just did as decies red sox thanks

ok 3 so far, i love watching the baseball and its going to be better watching it when i am in a fantasy league , just like the way i like watching raw and smack down and when a fanatsy league is on its better.

Although this is my first time to do baseball fantasy, i was wondering is it exciting. Did i read somewhere that in this rotisseria kind of league that teams will be going up and down the board like mad.

if your not yellow, sign up. tues march 27th , i see.

• Advertisement

Basically the categories are Average, Runs, HRs, RBIs, Stolen Bases on offence and Wins, Saves, Strikeouts, ERA, and WHIP for pitchers. If your mob combines for the most out of the twelve players, you have 12 points in that category, and the person with the worst gets 1 point. For the first few weeks people will be going up and down like crazy until things steady out. 100 points in total usually wins it, so top 3 in every category. Balance is the key.

4 so far! Come on lads there must be 8 more of yiz who'd be interested. It only takes 10 mins a day max to manage and it really is quite fun. If there's no movement in a week or two, I'm gonna start PM'ing regular posters here to pester them!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭WATPOAE

Right, I'm in.

I see the draft is down for 27th March so will have to start doing some serious homework!

Good man (I assume!). Still need a good few more or we'll have to abandon ship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Conor_8

I'm in!

One week to go, still only 6 people so looks like it wont be going ahead.

zuutroy wrote:
    One week to go, still only 6 people so looks like it wont be going ahead.

It's a pity.

I will join a public fantasy baseball league at CBS sports if we dont get started. My brother was telling me that this is a better baseball site. If can all join the same league that would be mad and we could come back in here and post the table , but only with our names. So we are really playing against each other. The rest ( boards.ie people) will see this and will want to join next time we start a league cause it will not only look fun, but it will be fun. (Plus i will have more people to laugh at when i beat them.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

BUMP

C'mon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Ill play; have nasn sitting here warmimg up getting ready to go

That still leaves us a good few short. I can dely the draft again until the last minute, but I dunno where we're gonna find 5 more by Sunday.

EDIT: Changed to this Saturday at 4:30pm just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

zuutroy wrote:
    EDIT: Changed to this Saturday at 4:30pm just in case.

That time is pure crrrrraaap for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭PappaCSkillz22

I'll sign up this evening when I get home from work!

OK, It seems that the league auto-drafted even though there was only 7 teams, so the league can go ahead! Get grabbin the good free-agents quick

Advertisement