Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick Businesses Opening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Some of those chain retaurant buildings are pre-fabricated to a certain design. Once the ground work is complete they go up very quick.

I know someone who swears she saw a McDonalds built like that in two days.

The McDonalds in Shannon arrived on the back of a few artics. It went from foundation to roof-on in 2 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

TychoCaine wrote: »
    The McDonalds in Shannon arrived on the back of a few artics. It went from foundation to roof-on in 2 days

So did most of Shannon by the looks of it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

I think Moldova shop - an Eastern European food supermarket may be opening on Sheep St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

shanmo wrote: »
    I think Moldova shop - an Eastern European food supermarket may be opening on Sheep St.

It’s a very good shop but an odd location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Lots of work going on in the old hardware shop beside Mother Macs. They're completely gutting the place.

It definitely looks promising but yes strange location never would have expected it.

It definitely looks promising but yes strange location never would have expected it.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jose Maria

So did most of Shannon by the looks of it! :pac:
    Have to say I always think Shannon is kept well for what it is I'm always inspecting the difference between Shannon and Coonagh cross public areas as I travel in and out every day, entering limerick is like entering Aleppo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Jose Maria wrote:
    Have to say I always think Shannon is kept well for what it is I'm always inspecting the difference between Shannon and Coonagh cross public areas as I travel in and out every day, entering limerick is like entering Aleppo

Aleppo is a bit of a stretch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

Some of those chain retaurant buildings are pre-fabricated to a certain design. Once the ground work is complete they go up very quick.

I know someone who swears she saw a McDonalds built like that in two days.

I don't think it will be prefabricated I have a vague recollection of it when it went out to tender

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

tweek84 wrote: »
    I don't think it will be prefabricated I have a vague recollection of it when it went out to tender

Inside four walls will be mostly prefab though. Once licence and premises are secured, the franchise warehouse gets to work with the shipment (wall coverings, fixtures, fittings, tables and chairs). Contractors are just pulled in to assist with assembly/installation and getting the building prepped for it.

The Centra in City East Plaza went in over the space of 2 days. The existing shop was closed for about 5 days total but majority of the time was just spent demolishing and moving electrics. Once the shell was ready it became a Centra within a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭BobMc

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Lots of work going on in the old hardware shop beside Mother Macs. They're completely gutting the place.

Being converted to residential apartments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

BobMc wrote: »
    Being converted to residential apartments

Are you sure? According to the councils planning site there's been no planning application for anything on High St. in the last 5 years. Never mind an application to convert a building to apartments. Not another illegal development I hope.

work nearby, Dad stopped and spoke with chaps working on site

• Registered Users Posts: 3 molbeckystan

I just read that Ivans is to be transformed into a LAYA health and wellness clinic.

• Advertisement

Are you sure? According to the councils planning site there's been no planning application for anything on High St. in the last 5 years. Never mind an application to convert a building to apartments. Not another illegal development I hope.

Wouldnt be first time its happened !

New pizza place opening on O'Connell street, Doh Pizza. Looks like it could be the old Badass Burrito unit from the address.

I just read that Ivans is to be transformed into a LAYA health and wellness clinic.

was announced good few months back, passed yesterday, builders are on site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

New pizza place opening on O'Connell street, Doh Pizza. Looks like it could be the old Badass Burrito unit from the address.

Hope they fixed the septic system in there

sioda wrote: »

Why would they have a septic tank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

sioda wrote: »

Hes dead right. Remember being in there many years ago, it was an Italian restaurant at the time, the smell emanating from the basement was vile. Big issues with sewerage on that site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hes dead right. Remember being in there many years ago, it was an Italian restaurant at the time, the smell emanating from the basement was vile. Big issues with sewerage on that site

From talking to one of the previous tenants there is little that can be done with it, unfortunately there a series of drains and pipes passing through, apparently there is alot underneath there and it was pointed out to the tenant by inspectors so they also know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

People were crowded outside some establishment on Catherine Street. Could be The Commercial.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Confirmed that Crew Brewing Co will be opening this Autumn in the old fire station building on Thomas Street. I am well exited for this to open. Can't wait. Hopefully they'll have a good set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭consulatory

Seen nothing online but the new KFC Ennis Road now has it's drive-through open and is serving.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Seen nothing online but the new KFC Ennis Road now has it's drive-through open and is serving.

Was going past it on Friday evening seemed to be doing a good trade on the drive through. Did not open until then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Contrary to some speculation here, house will be back open this Thursday from 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Glenomra

a friend of mine has a small business in Limerick and read about the online support scheme from the Limerick Enterprise Board. Can anybody suggest the name of a company who would set up his web site etc. He knows very little about web providers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Glenomra wrote: »
    a friend of mine has a small business in Limerick and read about the online support scheme from the Limerick Enterprise Board. Can anybody suggest the name of a company who would set up his web site etc. He knows very little about web providers.

Blacknight have done a lot of this kind of stuff (SMB web design, hosting & marketing) in the past. Take a look at https://www.blacknight.com/build-my-website/

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Glenomra

TychoCaine wrote: »
    Blacknight have done a lot of this kind of stuff (SMB web design, hosting & marketing) in the past. Take a look at https://www.blacknight.com/build-my-website/
    Thank you. I appreciate that.

• Advertisement

If your applying for the online trading voucher, you have to attend an online webinar all about it, I did it last week, was very informative, gives you all the info you need and plenty besides, goes thru the application too,

Presenter was very good, check online for next one available

Lots of construction going on in the old Geraldine bar across from Crosses funeral home. Anyone any idea what's going in there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Same with Lidl in Castletroy when I've passed it going to work.

Lots of construction going on in the old Geraldine bar across from Crosses funeral home. Anyone any idea what's going in there?

Converting to flats by the look of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Jerry flannerys and Cobblestone Joe's reopening on Friday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I saw people sitting outside Treaty City Brewery drinking pints seems to be tables and seats now.
    Also they are advertising coffee I say Bakehouse 22 Tracy's pretty pissed with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Elive are a limerick based one, they are on the dock road in limerick
    https://www.elive.net/

bigpink wrote: »
    I saw people sitting outside Treaty City Brewery drinking pints seems to be tables and seats now.
    Also they are advertising coffee I say Bakehouse 22 Tracy's pretty pissed with that

A number of people doing the tours before couldn't drink pints because they were driving/pregnant etc so it was a good shout to offer something non alcoholic that isn't a soft drink/water to those who can't sample the beer.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Hertz car sales sign up in coonagh just past applegreen.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

A number of people doing the tours before couldn't drink pints because they were driving/pregnant etc so it was a good shout to offer something non alcoholic that isn't a soft drink/water to those who can't sample the beer.

Yeah deffo good to have an alternative.But I think it's cafe open to the public.If I was the shop I'd be pissed off they being trying for years to get Nicholas Street going wheres I think Treaty City got alot of council help

Yeah deffo good to have an alternative.But I think it's cafe open to the public.If I was the shop I'd be pissed off they being trying for years to get Nicholas Street going wheres I think Treaty City got alot of council help

I'd say they'd each have their own clientele to be fair. Lots of people would feel weird getting their lunch coffee in a brewery and the brewery may not be as experienced baristas as the cafe for a while.

Plus TCB don't do food at the minute so Bakehouse would get customers looking for food (other than potential pub grub from Katie Dalys).

Why? It’s a free market.

MarkR wrote:
    Hertz car sales sign up in coonagh just past applegreen.

Strange spot for them to be fair

kilburn wrote: »
    Strange spot for them to be fair

It’s on one of the main arterial routes into City, why is it a strange location?

It’s on one of the main arterial routes into City, why is it a strange location?

I presume you have seen the site, it's small would have thought they would have gone into a main dealer style showroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

kilburn wrote: »
    I presume you have seen the site, it's small would have thought they would have gone into a main dealer style showroom.

Looks to me like it's nearly just going to be an open lot. It even looks like it could be temporary as part of them clearing out unused rental stock die to covid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

All Hertz will be doing is selling their old ex hire/rental stuff so you don't really need a glass palace for that. However I certainly wouldn't call that a prime location or route as far as car dealerships go anyway. Elm motors used to be located at the other side of the fuel station where the cycle hub is now, and they struggled there for years before eventually closing after the last crash. Clareview motors across from the Greenhills hotel eventually closed too and have been replaced by another crowd selling mostly ex rental/leased cars. That area has hit and miss for car dealers over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭manna452121

Elm motors are planning a comeback http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/20633/0

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

I'd say they'd each have their own clientele to be fair. Lots of people would feel weird getting their lunch coffee in a brewery and the brewery may not be as experienced baristas as the cafe for a while.

Plus TCB don't do food at the minute so Bakehouse would get customers looking for food (other than potential pub grub from Katie Dalys).

As you have mentioned Katie Dalys, has anyone any idea of when they might reopen? They are a big loss to Nicholas street. Perhaps its the lack of tourists coming in, but im sure they would do well if they reopened. Due to the fact that wet pubs are closed, all the gastro pubs that ive been to are a lot busier. Note this has been early evening when ive been out

Old limerick sports store is opening as another phone shop thankfully as we dont have enough of them as is 🤬😡😠😡🤬

• Advertisement
Advertisement