Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere have strong white flour in stock?

Options
  • 05-04-2020 12:21pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We've been bread and pizza bakers for years, and now we can't get strong white flour for love nor money. Has anyone seen any about?
    I'm down to one bag, which is only gonna get us another week and a bit....

A lot of ppl are struggling to find yeast too. (We're ok, we went through a phase of thinking we were nearly out and have enough for two months...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Eats of Eden posted a photo on FB of a range of organic flour that they have in stock. I'm not sure what type is is (not a baker) but maybe worth a call?

They also have yeast. This was posted a couple of days ago though.

EDIT: Dargan health shop in Castletroy also have a post up about flour. Seems like they're sold out but will take orders over the phone for when they restock. Maybe health shops are your best bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Bit out of the way, but I got some in Supervalu in Killaloe yesterday, They were all out of Plain and self raising. I had been in the Aldi across the road and they didn't have any flour.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

If you go through big quantities, might be worth going with pallas foods. https://collect.pallasfoods.com/food-drink/baking-ingredients/flour-yeast/carrs-strong-flour-1x16-kg-9714.html

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

Supervalu in Castletroy had it this morning..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I got a 20 KG bag of 0.0 flour in Musgraves about 10 days ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

The health food shop in Castletroy shopping center had it the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

The health food shop in Castletroy shopping center had it the other day.

I have a bag in the press from lidl or Aldi in Castletroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 oscare1

Dunnes Jetland had Odlums Strong flour yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I bought some in Tesco (city centre) yesterday. They had plenty of bags.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Looks like Dunnes Parkway had strong white flour today but tesco in the crescent still doesnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,457 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pallas Foods are now accepting orders from the public (for Click and Collect). Some amazing value to be had here.

Flour:
    https://collect.pallasfoods.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=flour

They have Yeast too:
    https://collect.pallasfoods.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=yeast

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭John G

I checked Pallas foods and would need to order too much (30 kg) to hit their minimum order qty. Anywhere in or near the city have strong four?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Eats of eden have it, I bought some last Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Daisies wrote: »
    If you go through big quantities, might be worth going with pallas foods. https://collect.pallasfoods.com/food-drink/baking-ingredients/flour-yeast/carrs-strong-flour-1x16-kg-9714.html

I see they have now stopped doing this, anyone have any luck setting up as a trade customer?
    Thank you for visiting the Pallas Foods Click & Collect website.

While we set up Click & Collect at the start of the lockdown and saw it evolve over the course of the last eight weeks, we have decided to close the Click & Collect service and consolidate resources in support of our trade customers who are now opening back up for business.

Thank you for your custom and if you would like to become a trade customer of Pallas Foods please contact us here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Dunnes Jetland had lots last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Supervalu Castletroy have it back as well, along with the coveted 00 caputo

Advertisement