Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WINTERVAL Festival 2015

Options
  • 13-11-2015 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

It's great to see Winterval back again & by the looks of it building up into a bigger & better festival every year. Other cities are now trying to copy Winterval's success which is the ultimate tribute.

http://www.winterval.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

yep, cant wait.

Heard the light show is a brand new display this year and they have incorporated new stuff into it. That is a must see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

recommend booking santas grotto early as I don't expect you will be able to just rock up and expect to see the big man without booking ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Kicking off Today folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Can't wait for Keith Barry to be hung upside down from the clock tower whilst juggling 8 Argos catalogues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Is there food stalls around the place, it's not evident from the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Roanmore wrote: »
    Is there food stalls around the place, it's not evident from the website?

Overpriced hotdogs and a couple of burger vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

shockwave wrote: »
    Overpriced hotdogs and a couple of burger vans.

To be fair there's a lot more than that. Down around where the light show is there's a market and some well known restaurants have stands, plus a few usuals like dinky donuts, the French chips (which are seriously tasty!), etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

The hot dogs and burgers may be over priced but it's still fair dues to all involved in organising winterval, the city looks great and there is a nice buzz around.....pity the rain wouldn't f off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I'm travelling down from Dublin next weekend - can't wait. Always great to see this is my home town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Down last weekend with the kids really enjoyed it fair play to all the organisers and people manning stalls and attractions.
    City looks great especially at night with all the lights on
    Great positive event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

€3 for a small hot-dog and €5 for a large is hardly overpriced,what would you pay for one in a chipper? ,Rockin Joes has them from €5 to €7

No matter what they do in Waterford some people will still give out about something,Winterval looks fantastic and well done to everyone involved lets hope it continues for years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

I heard on the radio this morning that there is a piece on Winterval on Nationwide tonight. Didn't hear the time but I think that is usually on between 7 - 9 so check the listings :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭deisemum

Nationwide is normally on at 7pm or 8pm on +1.

Irish TV is another channel that regularly has a half hour show on various things around Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

This is not a criticism it is an area to improve on but there was not a parking space to be found on Sunday. I think that when festivals like Winterval are on in the city carparks in the outer city will have to be set up and a shuttle bus service provided. This worked very well with the tall ships race. For example, surly some agreement could be arranged with WIT to use their carpark as a shuttle service carpark on Saturdays and Sundays. They have quite a large car park and it is sitting there empty on Saturdays and Sundays using it would take a lot of pressure of the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

With this weather they need to move it indoors! Stick a roof on the Barronstrand.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

BBM77 wrote: »
    This is not a criticism it is an area to improve on but there was not a parking space to be found on Sunday. I think that when festivals like Winterval are on in the city carparks in the outer city will have to be set up and a shuttle bus service provided. This worked very well with the tall ships race. For example, surly some agreement could be arranged with WIT to use their carpark as a shuttle service carpark on Saturdays and Sundays. They have quite a large car park and it is sitting there empty on Saturdays and Sundays using it would take a lot of pressure of the city centre.

Quite a good complaint! I was heading to Wexford yesterday afternoon and the traffic was crazy. A park and ride on the north quays would be ideal for all the traffic coming from that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,856 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good for the city but not a fan of underpressure parents and screaming kids lol

Advertisement