Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre

Options
  • 30-11-2019 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Just walked through the city centre with my young fella ..
    There was a gang of young fellas 12 to 14 years about 30 of them shouting abuse and kicking in doors of shops crazy stuff ..we walked from northside to stephens green and didnt see one garda ..have they given up on the city or what cant believe there isnt one guard on the main street

Comments

Did you try ringing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

bubblypop wrote: »
    Did you try ringing them?

Sharp, witty edgy response there, /thread for life reflections please.

Jonybgud wrote: »

An obvious thing to do I would imagine if you saw the type of behavior described

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Were they Irish 12-14 year olds by the way.?
    If they're not the Gardai will be very reluctant to control them lest they feel the full brunt of the liberal PC snowflake brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

They were irish ..and yes one of the shop owners was on the phone to them ..they were all irish ..my main grip is that there are no guards around at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Jonybgud wrote: »

You wouldn't call the gardai if a literal mob were causing what the OP had described as serious vandalism and intimidating public anti social behaviour? If they didnt call the policy, then its likely made it up or highly exaggerated.People are in danger in that situation, if that doesn't make you call the gardai, what will

Anyway is this Oconnell Street youre talking about? If it is, then Im shocked that this event was not reported on the news as it sounds newsworthy. I would also have to say that I see plenty of gardai around the place when I am in town. If I walked that distance, I'd usually see 2 or three pairs of them, not a lot, but certainly not none.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

washman3 wrote: »
    Were they Irish 12-14 year olds by the way.?
    If they're not the Gardai will be very reluctant to control them lest they feel the full brunt of the liberal PC snowflake brigade.

Yawn.

Advertisement