Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting married abroad??

Options
  • 22-10-2019 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Myself and my fiance would like to get married abroad - possibly in greece but are totally clueless.

Anyone have any experience of this? Any advice?
    What do we need etc. to make it all legal?

Also are there any wedding planners in Ireland that could help us with this type of wedding? We are both very busy with full time jobs and two young children it would be great to talk to a planner to get some ideas flowing etc.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Myles de Selby

Hello. I am in a similar position but am looking for a quick option as my girlfriends study visa will expire soon. Denmark and Gibralter seem to be the top choices in that case.

But if you have more time Cyprus and Malta are very popular and are said to be relatively easy to arrange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

This couple are here this month we used them 5 years ago and were very satisfied. They just do Malta and gozo reasonable enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Hello. I am in a similar position but am looking for a quick option as my girlfriends study visa will expire soon. Denmark and Gibralter seem to be the top choices in that case.

But if you have more time Cyprus and Malta are very popular and are said to be relatively easy to arrange.
    Marriage to an Irish spouse does not circumvent her visa requirements. See http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/spouse-or-civil-partner-of-an-irish-national

Advertisement