Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 Nations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Had to think that was their best chance in years to beat the Aussies, but just seemed to lack belief second half.

All on the NZ game now for England, but don't fancy their chances.

Yeah big time. Like most underdogs in big games they started to play not to lose instead of to win and that cost them. They had a great chance before the break to be 18-4 up and then early in the second half as well. Unfortunately they just were happy to give the ball back to australia time and again and they were never going to keep them out for the whole second half.

New Zealand weren't great on Saturday but I'd be worried that there will be a backlash from them next week. I'd make NZ about 6 point favourites and if England play like they did in the first half today they have a shot but it has to be for the full 80

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Yeah big time. Like most underdogs in big games they started to play not to lose instead of to win and that cost them. They had a great chance before the break to be 18-4 up and then early in the second half as well. Unfortunately they just were happy to give the ball back to australia time and again and they were never going to keep them out for the whole second half.

New Zealand weren't great on Saturday but I'd be worried that there will be a backlash from them next week. I'd make NZ about 6 point favourites and if England play like they did in the first half today they have a shot but it has to be for the full 80

So NZ are indeed 6 point favs from the bookies. I think that's about right. I think that it will be very difficult for the English lads to beat them in Dunedin. They have to win by at least 10 points to overtake them. While I don't see that making England go out and go hung ho straight away, it might get inside their heads in the second half if it's tight late on. Here's hoping they start well anyway and with 20 minutes to go that they're still in with a squeak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Slightly more reasonable kick off time tomorrow after the last horrendously early start.

England to win by six, but still go through to final after huge shock Samoa win against the Aussies!

In reality I'm watching in hope rather than expectation.

Good start to the game

What a pass from O'Loughlin

• Advertisement

Hall disappointing in defense again

England have had all the play and trial by 4. Typical

Don't think the commentary team need to worry about England winning by 10.

Good first half, enjoyable stuff, some height on the kicks.

Off topic but RL is clearly for the people, working class, not the corporate feeding trough of most sports.

Don't think the commentary team need to worry about England winning by 10.

Yeah big time. Disappointing to concede a soft try there for the second NZ try. If it was 12 a piece they'd have a chance but at 12-8 down it might be just a small bit too much to ask for

• Advertisement

Balls, game over now I reckon.

England need a new coach

Yeah that's that in terms of qualifying automatically. Just a bit hesitant on defence that is costing them. I thought Hall was going to finish that other own though!!

Impressed with the crowd for a RL game in Union territory.

Fluffed that fuppin chance

Think Matty Smith has played well, just the kicking bit iffy. Hall disappointing, but maybe I have such high expectations I suppose.

Hahaha, and there he disproves me!

Clark making a massive impact. Need to move it quick from the ruck and there is space

Good game, and as usual England come up just short.

Good game, and as usual England come up just short.

Yeah fine margins. I suppose away from home losing to the two best sides by a score is encouraging but you've to start wining those games soon. It is a very young team though. Burgess, Sarginson and Clark in a few years will be back boning that team.

You're quite right, definitely signs of a good future, just need to start winning rather than gallantly losing.

• Advertisement

Aussie Kiwi final it is then, hopefully a repeat of the first game but suspect Australia will be convincing winners by more than 10.

Final on BBC2 from 715am tomorrow. Well worth dragging yourself out of bed for, hopefully a cracker.

Final on BBC2 from 715am tomorrow. Well worth dragging yourself out of bed for, hopefully a cracker.

Yep certainly is. Can't help but feel that the Kiwis have been getting progresively worse since their opeing defeat of the Wallabies. Hopefully they are not too pumped up playing at home. I'm going for Aussie by 6+

Good start to the game, no score so far.

Kiwis ballsed up that defence

Great try.

Great try, the few minutes in the build-up were great.

Really hope he stayed in, deserves a try for all that.

Another barnstorming try. Great game so far, go on the Kiwis

• Advertisement

Awesome by Johnson. Great pick up by the beast

Advertisement