Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

easy to play tabs

Options
  • 01-07-2004 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

hey is there any full song which would be sort of easy for someone like me to play on guitar , im a really slow player and find it hard to change strings , i can do some metallica bits of songs but really slow, id like to be able to play a song which sounds like it should sound . ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Oasis - Wonderwall is fairly easy

The man who sold the world is very easy too , except the scales part in the chorus, im having problems playing that smoothly.

More than words by extreme isnt too bad either, and sounds cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2 is piss easy, just playing the three thinest strings in Bm, D, and G6 over and over and over...
    (not the same key as the actual song, but capo the first fret and you've got Thom Yorke's live cover of it nailed :D)

Lull by Radiohead is a nice little number - it's a hard-enough-to-find b-side but the progression is nice.

Speaking of which, get the tab for Street Spirit - it's fairly straightforward (with a bit of practice!) but is mainly Am, Em and C with appropriate fretting on the B string.

Roadtripping from Red Hot Chili Peppers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

cool thanx i`ll give those a go , I was told califonication by the chili`s was handy enough too , but like i said im fairly slow at it , so hopefully they`ll help me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

all RHCP songs are easy IMHO. I would suggest learn the blues shuffle, and a blues solo in E, and there you have it, million songs learnt. haha, have a look for Claptons "Before You Accuse Me" and "Have you ever loved a woman".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hughobrien

Three simple chords: G - C - D. There's hundreds of songs that use those three chords. Hotel Yorba by The White Stripes and A Boy Called Sue by Johnny Cash are great ones because they are fast, but the changes are easy, especially if you play the chords as:

G C D
    e: 3 3 2
    B: 3 3 3
    G: 0 0 2
    D: 0 2 0
    A: 2 3 x
    E: 3 x x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Road Trippin isn't very easy unless you spend a lot of time working on it. About a Girl by Nirvana is a great song to learn. You get some nice easy chords and an easy little solo and the song sounds better than it is difficult. Just make sure you play the verse as Em->G5 instead of Em->G. It's annoying to hear everyone do it and it's easier, never mind correct, my way.

Advertisement