Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telecaster Problem!

Options
  • 28-06-2004 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

It's a Fender Telecaster Custom Thinline, Mexican, one normal pick up one Humbucker type.

Playing today and the guitar makes no noise with the rythm/treble switch down to treble!

Also a weird thing with the tone/volume dials - some are real stiff now in places- not going all the way to 10 and one turns round and round instead of stopping at 1 and 10!?!

I checked it with differebt leads and amps - same.

Anyone any Ideas??? All help would be totally appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭violenza

sounds like the volume and tone pots are fooked. Surely this hasn't happened over night. Are the v and t controls loose on the guitar, this can put strain on the wiring which could would explain the bridge pickup not working. Best leave it into your most trusted music shop to check the wiring, expect to have the pots replaced. It happens to us all eventually just me more than others but then I do my own repairs:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Sounds like your pots are borked. It's an easy job to replace them. Shouldn't cost €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 waterfall

Much appreciated guys!

I'll prob just drop it in to musician- I know a decent guy there.

Thanx again!

Advertisement