Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New racer advice please

Options
  • 13-06-2008 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I got my Specialized Allez racer and Specialized Sirrus hybrid stolen yesterday - days after doing the Wicklow 200 and all...Sigh. They snipped the padlock on the garden gate, and it being a very small house, the bikes were only under tarpaulin in the garden. No, they weren't locked together or to a wall, but I was less wary of Dublin thieves two days ago. You live and learn. So now I'm looking for a new racer, will probably spend about 1200 in all. Can anyone advise me on the best deals in Dublin? Either private sale or from stores. Just want to get back on the road again. Any advice on good brands, etc, too.

I don't have any hopes of getting the bikes back, but if you see either of these being sold outside a pub (the Allez racer has yellow, harder tyres), give me a shout.

Thanks,

Doogan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

The bastards...two bikes! Sorry to hear that. The focus cayo gets a lot of good press in these parts, its available for £999 on wiggle with ultegra groupset.

Touch wood they leave whatever replacement you choose alone, if not, investing in a baseball bat or rotteweiler could be fun.

P.S. Does your house insurance cover any of the value of the bikes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 doogan

Unfortunately not, I stupidly didn't specify them on the insurance list. Thanks for the tips though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I too would say go for a Focus Cayo -Wiggle will have it too ya by the end of next week, and it's a damn ggod bike... Blorg has one

Advertisement