Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,140 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I find it hard to keep the rubber solution usable, frequently replacing the tube in the kit. Am I missing a trick here? Is there a solution that will remain usable for years?

The ones I have are like this:

https://www.maddock.ie/tyres/tyres-accessories/seal-it-premium-string-tubeless-tyre-repairs.html

I don't think there's any rubber solution.

No idea whether they work on car tyres, but I'd be happier doing that as a get-me-home than ruining the tyre with gunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I've put about 400km on mine and am getting about 220 wh/km, is that normal? I'm barely running the heating now because of the reduced range. This is a mixture of city and motorway driving but moreso city. Any of the different range predictions the car is giving me say I'll get about 220-240km out of the 81% charge I have currently.

Also there is no auto lane change for me on autopilot, you pull the indicator down and nothing happens. Autopark doesn't appear to be working either. Have these been removed from the SR+ or is something wrong here?

400km? Is that correct? Very low, therefore I'd assume no long trips? Seems like you are driving with a cold battery and it never gets to warm up.

Would improve over a longer trip with super charging or when the weather warms up.

Lumen wrote: »
    No idea whether they work on car tyres, but I'd be happier doing that as a get-me-home than ruining the tyre with gunk.

Aha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Called Tesla originally at 9:16am
    Another call back from them at 10:08 confirming the tow truck would be another hour.
    Darren from Pat Keogh Towing called me at 10:58 saying he would be 20 mins.
    Really nice guy, got the car onto the tow truck. Car alarm was going off then. Got back into the car to set towing mode on. Car alarm was still going off but it was only 2km away.
    So got to Leixlip tyres, they didnt have the Michelin Tesla tyres but would plug the screw hole anyways. €10
    Rang Tesla again and they said the Towing truck should have went to Sandyford.
    Not his fault as the breakdown service said there.
    Drove to Sandyford and they changed the tyre.
    Sorted around 2pm.

Not much work done today but got some car eye openers.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

JPA wrote: »
    400km? Is that correct? Very low, therefore I'd assume no long trips? Seems like you are driving with a cold battery and it never gets to warm up.

Would improve over a longer trip with super charging or when the weather warms up.

Have very similar figures. 220-240wh/km
    Auto lane change and auto park are FSD features apparently. I checked with the guys in Sandyford before .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

JPA wrote: »

Eh... yes it's correct. I've only had the car a week. That's a mixture of short trips in Dublin and two trips down to Wicklow. I got 93 wh/km on a short trip yesterday and then 195 wh/km on the way back an hour later. It was very windy, wind direction playing a part perhaps?

Eh... yes it's correct. I've only had the car a week. That's a mixture of short trips in Dublin and two trips down to Wicklow. I got 93 wh/km on a short trip yesterday and then 195 wh/km on the way back an hour later. It was very windy, wind direction playing a part perhaps?

Definitely same for me yesterday with the wind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭bf

eddhorse wrote: »
    Called Tesla originally at 9:16am
    Another call back from them at 10:08 confirming the tow truck would be another hour.
    Darren from Pat Keogh Towing called me at 10:58 saying he would be 20 mins.
    Really nice guy, got the car onto the tow truck. Car alarm was going off then. Got back into the car to set towing mode on. Car alarm was still going off but it was only 2km away.
    So got to Leixlip tyres, they didnt have the Michelin Tesla tyres but would plug the screw hole anyways. €10
    Rang Tesla again and they said the Towing truck should have went to Sandyford.
    Not his fault as the breakdown service said there.
    Drove to Sandyford and they changed the tyre.
    Sorted around 2pm.

Not much work done today but got some car eye openers.

I hope you didn't have to fork out for a new tyre! See my post on page 325 of this thread about getting a puncture, a good tyre shop should be able to fix

bf wrote: »
    I hope you didn't have to fork out for a new tyre! See my post on page 325 of this thread about getting a puncture, a good tyre shop should be able to fix

Yep I had to buy a new tyre, the guys that plugged it were unsure if it would hold so I wasnt taking that chance. Not sure on final cost yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭bf

Yep I had to buy a new tyre, the guys that plugged it were unsure if it would hold so I wasnt taking that chance. Not sure on final cost yet.

Ouch, I got a nail in the tyre (centre so good spot to get one). Tyre removed, noise insulating foam section cut, hole patched properly, foam put back in. Total cost €15. A lot better than the guts of €250 for a tyre.

Tyre repairs can be done, but Tesla wont do them if they pick up your car - replacement tyre only.

• Advertisement

bf wrote: »
    Ouch, I got a nail in the tyre (centre so good spot to get one). Tyre removed, noise insulating foam section cut, hole patched properly, foam put back in. Total cost €15. A lot better than the guts of €250 for a tyre.

Tyre repairs can be done, but Tesla wont do them if they pick up your car - replacement tyre only.

Ah thanks so it was probably going to be fine. Every days a school day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Seriously your within the 14 days, have you still the 19k, Get a fresher golf and spend 2k on a revo turbo upgrade and forget about living in bik land as you can take 10k out in January for expenses.
    Model 3 makes no sense from the way my account has explained it.

Seriously your within the 14 days, have you still the 19k, Get a fresher golf and spend 2k on a revo turbo upgrade and forget about living in bik land as you can take 10k out in January for expenses.

RWC is spending electricity at about 1.8c-3.5c/km (night rate-day rate) and you're suggesting switching to a modded turbo petrol Golf?

LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Why are you buying it so?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭hwr5ytu356

10k in expenses in January.....some Accountant you have there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

jusmeig wrote: »
    Why are you buying it so?

Seems to be FOMO or curiosity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Nah I'm pretty happy with the car overall. I'm an EV wanker now, not interested in going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

20kWh/100km+ is what everyone should use a base measurement when buying an EV imo, not that wltp crap

It's a consumption most EV's use at motorway speed and you realise quickly that 40km PHEV's with 8kWh battery and 32kWh e-Golfs etc are very limited

Even your €50,000 SR+ with about 50kWh only has a range of 250km, keeping a safety net 10% buffer to reach a charger you only have 225km of useable range.

Charge it to 80% with that safety 10% buffer to next charge and you only add 175km per charge, of course you can add more km, but charge speed after 80% is slow.

The old Cork - Dublin return trip is still a bit of hassle in €50,000 EV's

Need a €60,000+ EV for that imo to be comfortable imo

I never do a trip that far, so SR+ more than enough for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,358 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Which one of ye live in Callan and own a red 192KK? Very nice looking car I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

You should get a tattoo of those digits, for future expediency.

It's just below the windscreen too I think?

I use Stop 'n' Go on the bike which should work on the car, but the foam liner could be a big issue, the traditional "strings" might work better in this case.

Also, you can get small "all in one" compressor, power bank and jump-starters now (lithium). I have one on the bike and it's fantastic and can also help sort out your stranded ICE mates. ;)

I recently got a "DynaPlug" tool for the bike which seems excellent but it would need to be tested for a car, it might be OK as it's "strings" with a metal tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 wlw

Collected HAL9001 on Thursday.
    Car is all what I expected it to be.
    After two days one issue with condensation in left pillar, causing blind spot and lane assist alerts, but gone after short while. Will wait and see if it comes back.
    Range as expected 120-200W chill vs standard accel on Wicklow mountains roads.
    One minor nuisance is that there is no home (not a home navigation, but rather close everything) button on the screen or is there?
    Overall car is awesome, my first electric so a lot to figure out in terms of use patterns.
    See y'all on the road!

wlw wrote: »
    After two days one issue with condensation in left pillar, causing blind spot and lane assist alerts, but gone after short while. Will wait and see if it comes back.
    One minor nuisance is that there is no home (not a home navigation, but rather close everything) button on the screen or is there?
    Overall car is awesome, my first electric so a lot to figure out in terms of use patterns.
    See y'all on the road!

Congratz, SR+ or LR?

See y'all on the road!

Congrats, if you open the fan, then press the fan again to minimize, same for all the icons at the bottom.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

White, lovely, I’d get it dechromed though

• Advertisement

Congrats, if you open the fan, then press the fan again to minimize, same for all the icons at the bottom.
    That's all good, but if you opened music tab, then energy and the fan, it takes three touches at least, aiming your finger distraction and figuring out the order of them and all in the situation when nice google lady tells you to take a turn but you haven't heard which turn it is 😂
    I'll probably play to much with the screen thou...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Teslablue

Interesting insert in the Sunday Business Post from Auto Ireland where the OMV of the model3 is shown as €48,900, LR €59,990 and perf at €65,490, will this be acceptable as omv for business buys????

jusmeig wrote: »
    Congratz, SR+ or LR?

SR+ for now

Teslablue wrote: »
    Interesting insert in the Sunday Business Post from Auto Ireland where the OMV of the model3 is shown as €48,900, LR €59,990 and perf at €65,490, will this be acceptable as omv for business buys????

Nope. Omv for business is the actual real price before anything is discounted. I'm not going to even say what it's showing now as it looks like the performance has dropped by 2k and the deposit down from 2k to 1k.
    If you have an order go check it out now...

Anyone has an idea about max range showing on the slider when charging?
    When I move slider to max I see 373km or thereabouts, it changes sometimes, bu stays in 370 range. Any ideas? I thought it would show the rated 402km wltp, car is brand new so battery shouldn't degrade yet I hope... Is that normal?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone has an idea about max range showing on the slider when charging?
    When I move slider to max I see 373km or thereabouts, it changes sometimes, bu stays in 370 range. Any ideas? I thought it would show the rated 402km wltp, car is brand new so battery shouldn't degrade yet I hope... Is that normal?

Perfectly normal, you'll almost never get the full WLTP range. Things like weather, driving style etc all affect the GOM.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Perfectly normal, you'll almost never get the full WLTP range. Things like weather, driving style etc all affect the GOM.
    What is being described is not the GOM, it's rated range. As I understand it, rated range depends only on battery temperature and state of charge.

The Tesla equivalent of the GOM is the predicted arrival SOC displayed in the nav system.

It seems quite difficult to find definitive information on this subject. Every time I think I have it figured out, I read something contradictory.

So I could well be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Did my first supercharge today. Barely had time to visit the jacks and eat some chips before it was at 80% from 49% :)

My referral credits never showed up in my account but they show up in the charger visit details, 372 kWh credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CFC007

I’m not seeing any discrepancy in the performance price besides the deposit is now 1k. My order agreement hasn’t changed either. Has it been fixed?
    Nope. Omv for business is the actual real price before anything is discounted. I'm not going to even say what it's showing now as it looks like the performance has dropped by 2k and the deposit down from 2k to 1k.
    If you have an order go check it out now...

CFC007 wrote: »
    I’m not seeing any discrepancy in the performance price besides the deposit is now 1k. My order agreement hasn’t changed either. Has it been fixed?

Yea gone back up, I should have taken a picture. I don't think your agreement changes you have to go chat to them and they'll drop it but they won't drop it automatically.
    The deposit going down is a little odd, orders slowed down?, 2k price drop next as they've made cost savings with the 2020 model?

If there’s going to be a price drop it will come in January when the rebate runs out in the US. Only issue is the Performance has jumped 4K from ordering so won’t see the benefit but who knows with Tesla. New orders showing up as February delivery now.

Yea gone back up, I should have taken a picture. I don't think your agreement changes you have to go chat to them and they'll drop it but they won't drop it automatically.
    The deposit going down is a little odd, orders slowed down?, 2k price drop next as they've made cost savings with the 2020 model?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Nice white 192 KK on the N7 inbound this morning. White really looks smart, even when dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

Tesla could really do with sending, at the absolute bare minimum, a generic text to those of us with deposits who are waiting for cars...no direct comms from them since a one size fits all text back in August is pretty sh*t.

Happy to not get the car till early 2020 at this rate. I'd be a lot happier if they actually feigned interest in caring about people who are waiting 3 years for their car. Especially as it seems some business buyers have gone from deposit-to-delivery in the matter of weeks. I had to pick up a rubbish run around as a stop gap a couple of months ago and the NCT is up in January. I'd like to to know if I need to get this back on the road or whether I can just move it on without the hassle of the NCT.

kev22185 wrote: »
    Tesla could really do with sending, at the absolute bare minimum, a generic text to those of us with deposits who are waiting for cars...no direct comms from them since a one size fits all text back in August is pretty sh*t.

Happy to not get the car till early 2020 at this rate. I'd be a lot happier if they actually feigned interest in caring about people who are waiting 3 years for their car. Especially as it seems some business buyers have gone from deposit-to-delivery in the matter of weeks. I had to pick up a rubbish run around as a stop gap a couple of months ago and the NCT is up in January. I'd like to to know if I need to get this back on the road or whether I can just move it on without the hassle of the NCT.

HEAR HEAR!!!

I've held onto my Ioniq and watched a few k slip off the resale value with the passing months. Despite my Teslafanboyism, id buy a similar range/spec car from anyone (with the exception of maybe VW) in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭hwr5ytu356

There sales process is awful. They never seem to learn which indicates they just dont care at a corporate level.

• Advertisement

Just got word that I’ve been matched with a VIN for delivery in January.M3P white/black. I wasn’t expecting that! My edit order button disappeared last week so I got onto sales this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

CFC007 wrote: »
    Just got word that I’ve been matched with a VIN for delivery in January.M3P white/black. I wasn’t expecting that! My edit order button disappeared last week so I got onto sales this morning.

Congrats. Are you a long standing reservation holder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,217 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's Tesla. They will come to you when they are ready.
    If you can't deal with that then perhaps Tesla is not the company for you.

Congrats. Are you a long standing reservation holder?

This and the shipwatch posts are my favourite aspects of this thread. :D

image.png

This and the shipwatch posts are my favourite aspects of this thread. :D

I miss the silly speculation about boats, contents and final destination...it gave some of us hope :D

While excitedly driving my M3 Today, I discovered that if you play Spotify through Bluetooth from phone rather than from TeslaApp it sounds way better. Seems like tesla app doesn't have stream quality setting, shame...
    At the same time I'm delighted that its not the hardware at fault, I was slightly worried with the low quality of sound initially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

lads, can you stop asking if people are long standing reservation holders, its pointless at this stage.

While excitedly driving my M3 Today, I discovered that if you play Spotify through Bluetooth from phone rather than from TeslaApp it sounds way better. Seems like tesla app doesn't have stream quality setting, shame...
    At the same time I'm delighted that its not the hardware at fault, I was slightly worried with the low quality of sound initially.

Have you tried connecting the Tesla to the wifi hotspot on your phone and then using Spotify on the Tesla app?

If sound quality is better over bluetooth than the native app then it has problems. Bluetooth is terrible for sound quality

• Advertisement

s8n wrote: »
    lads, can you stop asking if people are long standing reservation holders, its pointless at this stage.

So you are not, in fact, a long standing reservation holder then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement