Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019/2020 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1202514059050061824?s=20

Chilwell targeting GW16. "Hopefully, he’ll be okay for the weekend," Rodgers revealed after the hard-fought win over Watford. "He had a slight problem at the top of his leg, his hip area. We’ll see how he goes over the next couple of days, but hopefully he’ll be okay." #LCFC

Spill the beans Jurgen.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1202923861404274688?s=20

Klopp: "I had a line up (for Bournemouth) in my head and then I came in this morning and heard about some little concerns." #LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

Watched Sheffield United and Newcastle and Wilder talked about resting players and rotated the strikers. If Lundstram gets a yellow card before GW20 he'll miss a game. I've a strange logic but it would seem madness for Wilder to rest him before then because he'll rest for a game if he gets a yellow card in the next 4 gameweeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Watched Sheffield United and Newcastle and Wilder talked about resting players and rotated the strikers. If Lundstram gets a yellow card before GW20 he'll miss a game. I've a strange logic but it would seem madness for Wilder to rest him before then because he'll rest for a game if he gets a yellow card in the next 4 gameweeks.
    This is one of the most logical things I've read in a long time. I therefore 100% expect the Lord to be rested this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Really need himself and TAA not to get booked this weekend......

GetWithIt wrote: »
    This is one of the most logical things I've read in a long time. I therefore 100% expect the Lord to be rested this weekend.

Cripes. Then he'd get booked v Villa and miss the Brighton game too :eek:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Any word on Gary Cahill? Can't find any firm update.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

GLaDOS wrote:
    Any word on Gary Cahill? Can't find any firm update.

He's still sh*he last I heard.

He's still sh*he last I heard.

Oh to be that s***e and still playing in the Premier League.

Won Premier Leagues, Europa Leagues and a Champions League, >60 caps and a nice few goals for a centre back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

8 points froms sh1t Gary Cahill :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Was there talk earlier that Aurier got injured and will be out ?

Was there talk earlier that Aurier got injured and will be out ?

Got subbed

km79 wrote: »
    Got subbed

Aye. But someone in the match thread said he got injured and SofaScore have him coming off with a Red Cross which indicates injured too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Aye. But someone in the match thread said he got injured and SofaScore have him coming off with a Red Cross which indicates injured too.

They were 5-0 up, Dwight McNeill was gving him a bit of a roasting, looked like a "slight twinge" so he could get away from it. The trainers didn't come on, and he walked off under his own weight. I'm not concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Shedite27 wrote: »
    They were 5-0 up, Dwight McNeill was gving him a bit of a roasting, looked like a "slight twinge" so he could get away from it. The trainers didn't come on, and he walked off under his own weight. I'm not concerned

He was definitely injured. I'm not sure Aurier cares about getting roasted, he must be used to it by now!

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    He was definitely injured. I'm not sure Aurier cares about getting roasted, he must be used to it by now!

I don’t think so, neithe does his manager, this was his post game quote, "A perfect day. No injuries, a clean sheet, goals, perfect football, kids coming on for first Premier League football"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I don’t think so, neithe does his manager, this was his post game quote, "A perfect day. No injuries, a clean sheet, goals, perfect football, kids coming on for first Premier League football"

Can't trust him either. Though I'd understand someone questioning the player's professionalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Any info on Mousset? I just brought him in this week and intended playing him for the next three, him missing out would be be problem for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

km79 wrote: »

Rudiger and Zouma to play midweek and then Christensen & Zouma back for the weekend I would guess, can't imagine Rudi makes 2 starts in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Was Tomori dropped or was he just injured all this last while?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

manual_man wrote: »

Was on the bench last couple of games so rested/dropped. Seems to be a risk going forward with Rudiger seemingly back and the transfer ban lifted. Annoying :) Already had one price drop but I have that built in but could be a risk again if he stays out of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Rotated out once Christensen was fit, and now carrying a knock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭caviardreams

"Blades striker Lys Mousset should recover from injury in time to face Aston Villa this weekend."

Praise be!!

https://www.sheffieldunited.news/news/blades-handed-lys-mousset-injury-boost-ahead-of-aston-villa-clash/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,434 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Any word on Aguero?

Green&Red wrote: »
    Any word on Aguero?

Surely you haven't held him have you?

Surely you haven't held him have you?

Have Jesus, considering exit plans

Green&Red wrote: »
    Have Jesus, considering exit plans

I know it was only Zagreb but Jesus getting sharper, looked good last night.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-injury-news-aguero-17396381

Guardiola said yesterday that Aguero was better but not ready but even if he was fit wasn't needed last night. Wait until Saturday morning maybe but there's a nice few forwards in a bit of form and prob no Aguero this GW.

I'm looking ahead to GW19/20 but cheers, hes a disaster to own though, hat-trick yesterday, missed sitters by all accounts on Saturday

I see Jesus and Aguero being rotated more than ever before. League seems a goner, I can see Pep wanting to keep Aguero fresh for the Champions League knockout games.

• Advertisement

I see Jesus and Aguero being rotated more than ever before. League seems a goner, I can see Pep wanting to keep Aguero fresh for the Champions League knockout games.

Both of them!

Lampards Presser: Tomori isn't fit

Lampards Presser: Tomori isn't fit

Thanks for that
    Fredricks stays
    And now I have a decision to make about bench boost
    Prob still go for it
    Might get 2 points out of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Which event will happen first??

Brexit?

or

Fredericks leaving km79's team??

:-)

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Which event will happen first??

Brexit?

or

Fredericks leaving km79's team??

:-)
    He doesn’t even have a bloody game next week
    But he still may live on

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

From the BBC website...
    Norwich manager Daniel Farke has just said that Teemu Pukki played the second half against Leicester with a broken toe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Any idea when Hanley for Norwich is back? He will surely tighten up that leaky defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Shanee. wrote: »
    Any idea when Hanley for Norwich is back? He will surely tighten up that leaky defence

He's not universally loved for his ability by the faithful. I wouldn't be so sure.

• Advertisement

Shanee. wrote: »

He’s awful and will be no improvement.

Potter confirms Aaron Connolly "should" be ready for the weekend. "He's trained this week," following his recovery from a dead leg. "We have no other problems from Monday, and of course, Dale Stephens back [from suspension] too." Only March and Jose Izquierdo ruled out. #BHAFC

Looks like Fabianski is back for West Ham, should be available for the Palace game on Stephens Day

http://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1208015163590422529

Captaincy back on Jiminez now

Poor auld Norwich have been cursed with injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bad flooding in Brighton apparently, probably won't affect the game but I might stay away from buying any more players from either team.

• Advertisement

Bad flooding in Brighton apparently, probably won't affect the game but I might stay away from buying any more players from either team.
    I’ve 3 in that game nightmare scenario if it was called off with Dendoncker my only sub who might play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rico suspended for next game for reaching yellow card limit

Raging. Home to Arsenal. Guaranteed clean sheet missed out on

Rikand wrote: »
    Rico suspended for next game for reaching yellow card limit

I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his place altogether if Cook is back from injury with Francis shifting over to lb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his place altogether if Cook is back from injury with Francis shifting over to lb.

Howe was only praising him the other day so don't see him losing his place any time soon.

Howe was only praising him the other day so don't see him losing his place any time soon.

Perhaps he won't lose his place but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement