Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

V Wars [Netflix]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

This is not the gritty SciFi show I came to this thread thinking it might be.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That looks spectacularly awful, might have a new "Zoo" on our hands for braindead-epidemic-procedural.

Though it did remind me of that brilliant, if short lived, Channel 4 show "Ultraviolet" from the 90s (starring a young Idris Elba). It nailed the tone, threat and procedural element of a threat like vamprism perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,557 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Zoo was one of the as you say braindead shows I used to watch on the train going to work every day, light easy watching

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Thing is, the makers of "Zoo" possibly knew they were making awful guff (complete personal 747s piloted by Tablet!), whereas this trailer looks like it might be the wrong side of "taking itself seriously"

We'll see I guess; this is the "beauty" of Netflix; lots of shovelware, that costs nothing except your time to check out.

• Advertisement

This dropped today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

3 episodes in and it's absolutely abysmal. Day time TV acting and story. Will give it until episode 5 but this really pisses me off, as it only adds to the over saturation of a genre I love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Slydice wrote: »
    This is not the gritty SciFi show I came to this thread thinking it might be.

DAMMIT BRAIN! Not again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

At least with something like Van Helsing, no matter how bad it can be at times it actually makes an effort to create its own Vampire mythology. You can see the passion of the creators on display.

This on the other hand is just boring and generic as fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

The lead actor looks constipated all the time, his friend/nemesis equally so - it's a fried turd of a show to be honest - very disappointing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Honestly not surprised.

I watched it because I like vampire shows, and it had some interesting ideas, but was painfully rushed throughout various scenes and destroyed the flow of the show.

Advertisement