Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you go to meet people?

Options
  • 03-12-2019 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I don't drink and don't go to church, most of the people I know just go out on the piss or else are just into board games and books and such.

I've just moved to galway so don't really know anyone yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I suppose the first thing to identify is what you're interested in yourself. Could join a local sports team. Meetup.com is probably one of the better websites to check out for social gatherings. Groups for all sorts of topics and hobbies, and Galway should be big enough of a catchment area to have a decent member base on the site.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tec Diver

I volunteer for a few different orginisations, most of them local community things that only require from one evening a week to one every couple of months. There's a social side to it too. So I get to meet people with similar interests and I'm helping the community (jeez I sound like an old fart...). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kevmau

Tec Diver wrote: »
    I volunteer for a few different orginisations, most of them local community things that only require from one evening a week to one every couple of months. There's a social side to it too. So I get to meet people with similar interests and I'm helping the community (jeez I sound like an old fart...). :D

Nah that's sound I'll definitely start volunteering soon

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭UI_Paddy

Kevmau wrote: »
    Nah that's sound I'll definitely start volunteering soon

Definitely volunteer if you can find something you'd like to be a part of. I've met some amazing people through volunteering, one has been a good mate for 7 years.

Otherwise definitely look into some clubs or groups. Galway is a big enough county and the city is quite popular, you'll probably find something if you look hard enough.

Advertisement