Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ashbourne Connect threaten legal action against Regina and Declan Doherty

• 14-12-2018 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭

I was reading on Facebook that Ashbourne Connect were threatening legal action against Minister Regina Doherty and her husband Declan if they don't provide a written apology for what they have described as a "PR war" against the company.

Basically Ashbourne Connect complained to Meath CC with a public Facebook post about how one of their buses was damaged by speedbumps in Rathoath. Declan Doherty accused Ashbourne Connect of speeding resulting in damage to their buses and Regina has been telling constituents not to support the service. Also saying that Bus Eireann don't have the same problems even though they don't operate on the same road.

It seems riddiculous for a politician to bad mouth a local business who are providing from what I believe is a far more reliable service than BE to her constituents. Thoughts?

https://www.facebook.com/280221808804769/posts/1080989692061306/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,009 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Stephen15 wrote: »
    . Thoughts?....
    Is Ashbourne Connect using a 5 year old to write their posts on Face Book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

A snapped anti roll bar.
    Metal fatigue comes to my mind, how old was this vehicle I wonder? Loaded, unloaded? Speed, driver knowledge of road? All things that have to be considered in these incidents.

The flexible components linking the bar to the chassis and suspension would usually absorb the brunt of any impacts and the bar being solid steel is stronger than the linkages in my experience.

But, speed ramps do vary and some are extremely "violent" regardless of what speed one drives onto or off of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

dense wrote: »
    But, speed ramps do vary and some are extremely "violent" regardless of what speed one drives onto or off of them.

Buses and speed bumps do not mix ever travelled on the 14 or the 75 along Broadford Road in Ballinteer makes for a very uncomfortable ride especially upstairs. I would say they cause considerable damage to the buses too. I don't think speedbumps should be placed along roads which are served by bus routes. They could at least have bus friendly ones with the gap in the centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,009 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Stephen15 wrote: »
    ???
    Have you read it? There's hardly a sentence without a glaring mistake in it. It doesn't portray them in a good light in my opinion. I know others will disagree, but if they can't get the small things right.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

It seems to me that speed bumps are misnamed and maybe this has caused confusion. The idea is to go over them slowly, not at speed.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I doubt that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Someone should send them a copy of How To Win Friends and Influence People for Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Theres a pair of them at it tbh.

Ashbourne Connects is a great service for people living in Ashbourne and Rathoat but ask anyone who cycles in the city and they will tell you their drivers are a menace. For context, the Tweet the company is so upset about was a reply to a video of one of their drivers flying through a red at speed on the north quays

Have a look and judge for yourselves.

https://twitter.com/crowleystephen/status/1072532667676155905?s=19

Advertisement