Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payments over Christmas

Options
  • 09-12-2018 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭

I get my payment in a Tuesday and Christmas Day and New Year’s Day are both on Tuesday this year so does that mean we will get 3 weeks together on Dec 18th which is the last payment date before Christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Gael23 wrote: »
    I get my payment in a Tuesday and Christmas Day and New Year’s Day are both on Tuesday this year so does that mean we will get 3 weeks together on Dec 18th which is the last payment date before Christmas?

Your question is answered here

Double payment on 18th then nothing on 25th then payment for 1st Jan paid early on 28th Dec.

(assuming that link is correct)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My payment date is normally on a Monday, now I know I'll be breaking the rules a bit by going to see my family in Scotland for two weeks and I know I can take holidays but if I can avoid that, my payment after the triple payment on 17th is 31st December, I plan on coming back on 3rd of January, would I still be able to pick up my normal payment or would I have to collect on the 28th too. Would my payment still be in the post office come 4th January hopefully.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

payments generaly only stay in the po for 3 days, so its very unlikely the payment will still be there a whole week later. especially if your normal collection is a monday, then it would only be there until wed/thur at the latest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

wifey28 wrote: »
    payments generaly only stay in the po for 3 days, so its very unlikely the payment will still be there a whole week later. especially if your normal collection is a monday, then it would only be there until wed/thur at the latest

Think they actually stay in the PO for 7 days, ie if paid on Monday you can collect at the latest the following Monday after that. Gets returned as expired after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

My payment date is normally on a Monday, now I know I'll be breaking the rules a bit by going to see my family in Scotland for two weeks and I know I can take holidays but if I can avoid that, my payment after the triple payment on 17th is 31st December, I plan on coming back on 3rd of January, would I still be able to pick up my normal payment or would I have to collect on the 28th too. Would my payment still be in the post office come 4th January hopefully.

What you're saying is that you should collect your payment on Monday 31 Dec and plan to pick it up on Friday 4th Jan instead? That's a gap of 3 working days so it should almost definitely still be there. :confused:

Note however that is only my opinion and, as such, probably isn't worth the paper that it's written on! I certainly wouldn't trust the opinion of an unknown poster on an internet forum, would you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Your payment will be there Fri 28, Sat 29 Monday 31st and Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd so if your not coming till day 6 then I’d say your out of luck.

engiweirdo wrote: »
    Think they actually stay in the PO for 7 days, ie if paid on Monday you can collect at the latest the following Monday after that. Gets returned as expired after that.

No it’s 3 days.

splinter65 wrote: »
    No it’s 3 days.

Yeah but even though we might be able to pick it up in the 28th the date of mine is actually 31st so up to three days after that date I think should count.

Yeah but even though we might be able to pick it up in the 28th the date of mine is actually 31st so up to three days after that date I think should count.

It’ll have been available to you for 6 days though at that stage but I’m sure you know you’ll just have to wait and see.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I finished my course with Solas on the 26th but was away for my brothers wedding abroad, I'm going back in this week to open my claim, I'm guessing I won't have any payment over christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I finished my course with Solas on the 26th but was away for my brothers wedding abroad, I'm going back in this week to open my claim, I'm guessing I won't have any payment over christmas?
    If you go in as soon as you possibly can you will have it for next week. You would want to be going in tomorrow or Thursday at the latest though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If you go in as soon as you possibly can you will have it for next week. You would want to be going in tomorrow or Thursday at the latest though.

Can't get in till thursday but they have to schedule you for a meeting where you hand in documents etc don't they? Surely that wouldn't be enough time to get you back into payment for next week?

Can't get in till thursday but they have to schedule you for a meeting where you hand in documents etc don't they? Surely that wouldn't be enough time to get you back into payment for next week?
    It’s worth a try. You won’t gp have it for Tuesday but I got mine on Friday so that might happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You need to inform your local office that you are leaving the country and they will arrange your payments to be all there for you on Tuesday 8th.

Your payment will not be available to collect on Friday 4th.

Just another question, I know the post office is open for the half a day on Saturday, is it possible to collect your dole from the post office on the Saturday?

Just another question, I know the post office is open for the half a day on Saturday, is it possible to collect your dole from the post office on the Saturday?

New Year’s Eve, the Monday is the next one I believe

New Year’s Eve, the Monday is the next one I believe

Yeah my payment is in the post office on 31st but the lady in the PO said that I have 6 days to pick it up, I'm flying back late Friday 4th January in the late afternoon, so will have to pick it up on Saturday which is the fifth day, but do they pay JSA on the Saturday or is it only on weekdays, its opened half day on Saturday.

I phoned the post office today and they said that I can collect the dole on 5th January Saturday morning, so all good. Have a merry xmas everyone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I just checked my bank balance on the phone ( money goes into the account as I cannot get to the PO) and a payment today that makes no sense at all. More than twice the usual weekly bits I get eg fuel allowance, living alone. Not 3 times either

Oh well... hoping to get over today so will spend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

Graces7 wrote: »
    I just checked my bank balance on the phone ( money goes into the account as I cannot get to the PO) and a payment today that makes no sense at all. More than twice the usual weekly bits I get eg fuel allowance, living alone. Not 3 times either

Oh well... hoping to get over today so will spend it!

This is the week that payments go through for both this week and next week. It's a double payment.

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    This is the week that payments go through for both this week and next week. It's a double payment.

No I already have that! And again today that simple double. The one I mentioned
    bears no relation to anything.. Ah well, time will tell.. Just puzzled. Had an issue with them re underpayment so maybe they have seen the light...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

Graces7 wrote: »
    No I already have that! And again today that simple double. The one I mentioned
    bears no relation to anything.. Ah well, time will tell.. Just puzzled. Had an issue with them re underpayment so maybe they have seen the light...

Hope it works out fine for you. The payment for next week is available on Monday December 31st from the post office.

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/christmas-2018-welfare-and-pensions-payment-arrangements.html

DenMan wrote: »
    Hope it works out fine for you. The payment for next week is available on Monday December 31st from the post office.

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/christmas-2018-welfare-and-pensions-payment-arrangements.html

Thanks but all mine go straight into the bank . I check on the phone. They maybe did not get a letter out in time and we have had no post out here since whenever...Nothing to spend money on so that is fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I got a double week of JSA on the 18th of December and was due to get paid again on the 1st of January, but because of the bank holiday the post office was closed.
    I foolishly thought that I'd get two payments this week instead, but reading this thread that's obviously not the case. A noob mistake I know.
    My question is, if my JSA gets sent back is there anyway of claiming it due to a simple misunderstanding?

Advertisement