Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia border

Options
  • 26-05-2020 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Howdy.. what’s everyone’s opinion on when the Australian borders might reopen? September ? November ? 2020 even ? I have a WHV 2nd year visa that I need to activate before January 6th 2021, I really hope it doesn’t expire as it was such a rigmarole to get it granted first time round .

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Frank12 wrote: »
    Howdy.. what’s everyone’s opinion on when the Australian borders might reopen? September ? November ? 2020 even ? I have a WHV 2nd year visa that I need to activate before January 6th 2021, I really hope it doesn’t expire as it was such a rigmarole to get it granted first time round .

It's hard to know. They have said the border will be closed for at least 6 months so can't see it opening up before October at the earliest especially for temporary visas.
    The only thing I can advise would be to keep an eye on the immigration website as that will be the only source of reliable information. Everything else is just hearsay and not really helpful in my opinion.
    There'll be no big announcements this side of winter over there until they get through the flu season.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,141 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

There is talk of extending legal/administrative time limits and deadlines and so forth where the pandemic has made it difficult or impossible to comply with the usual limits/dates. I don't know whether this will extend to your 2nd year visa, but it's certainly possible. Keep an eye on the Dept of Home Affairs website in case there is any announcement about this.

Advertisement